Photo

Acquire Targets: Doesn't work!

38 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 03 September 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Acquire Targets is the most stupid f*cking job in the whole game.

What has the potential to be brilliant, is completely flawed. Basically, who ever gets the flag first wins. The way it works now is that all you have to do is catch the flag and hold it for 2 minutes, then you have won the whole f*cking game.

How it should work is: Once you have held the flag for the full 20 seconds, the flag then re-spawns somewhere else for anyone to grab.

It's as if R* haven't even tested it before releasing it!?

Edit: So whoever gets the flag, just flies for the edge of the map straight way, and being as we are all in the same jet, all going the same speed, no one can catch him.

• livejoker, 5HT2a, GroundZero and 15 others like this

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Pretty much.

• StormerBoy, SpidersWeb and Sangers like this

CoolStoryBroseph
  • CoolStoryBroseph

RORGAMING.COM

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

When have they been known to do much of anything right?

• StormerBoy and ShinobiFixer like this

Vanilla Poison
  • Vanilla Poison

Get out me Buzzard!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

The job will die down soon, calm your tits!

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

The job will die down soon, calm your tits!

lol, my gf always says "calm your farm"

It's quite funny, we don't have to play these jobs but we give it a go - good sport styles - but honestly did the playlist last night, came 3rd (happy enough with that) but really didn't have much fun. The children who joined the playlist thought it was awesome however, and two of them got really excited when one job paid them $4000! "Wow, that's really good".

• Vanilla Poison likes this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

These Acquire Targets are some of the easiest ones in the game. If you know what you are doing and know how to fly you can win in 2 minutes without ever dying.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

These Acquire Targets are some of the easiest ones in the game. If you know what you are doing and know how to fly you can win in 2 minutes without ever dying.

Yep. that's exactly what's wrong with it.

Would be fine if we were playing against NPC, but there is up to 7 other very bored people in the game lol

• StormerBoy and Gridl0k like this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Playa

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

I agree, I won it last night, grabbed it first, stayed high in the sky and won, it was too easy.
  • StormerBoy likes this

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

It's not that simple if the lobby has decent pilots.

• J4ADM and LuCkySabeR like this

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

It's not that hard to shoot someone in a jet down. Just clip them a lil with your cannon. Take the target.
  • LuCkySabeR likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

the job sucks

pretty much, grab flag, fly straight up and outta the city and the game is yours

goodluck trying to stop someone from doing that when everyone else starts dogfighting during the chase

• StormerBoy likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

Acquire Targets is the most stupid f*cking job in the whole game.

What has the potential to be brilliant, is completely flawed. Basically, who ever gets the flag first wins. The way it works now is that all you have to do is catch the flag and hold it for 2 minutes, then you have won the whole f*cking game.

How it should work is: Once you have held the flag for the full 20 seconds, the flag then re-spawns somewhere else for anyone to grab.

It's as if R* haven't even tested it before releasing it!?

Edit: So whoever gets the flag, just flies for the edge of the map straight way, and being as we are all in the same jet, all going the same speed, no one can catch him.

Bullets move faster than the jets and they explode. Just don't lose your target. That's what the radar is for. And don't rely on homing missiles.
  • LuCkySabeR likes this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

I agree, I won it last night, grabbed it first, stayed high in the sky and won, it was too easy.

Or land in the tunnels and wait.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Unless you're facing idiots then there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to shoot you down in the first minute, at least 60% of the time they should hit you or at least try to.

Nonetheless it's a bit unfair, but not completely broken.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

fap_fappington
  • fap_fappington

Merry Christmas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

OP is just jealous because he can't shoot for sh-t or capture a flag.

I am mostly the first one to capture the flag and hold it. But, I get shot down when I get the third point. I'm not even mad though, it's just a game.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

LuCkySabeR
  • LuCkySabeR

Mr. Steal Yo Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

It's really not that difficult of a mission if you're playing with decent pilots, I was playing last night and it was WILD... Cannons are the way to go, if you're using homing missiles for anything other then slowing the target down, you're f*cking up :evilgrin:   I do like OP's suggestion about the point being respawned after 20 seconds though

• StormerBoy likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by livejoker, 03 September 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Is that the first mission in the event playlist where you're all in lazers and catching some ring (flag) between the sky scrapers? If so; I f*cking love this one! Granted, I did it twice but I won each time as I outmaneuvered the other jets by flying through buildings. I agree that they should put restrictions to avoid taking advantages of the system. Also, there's another mission where it's attackers versus defenders who are protecting some guy to fly from the LS Airport to Paleto Bay. I was alone against 2 defenders and the guy I gotta blow up (stupid clan didn't want to switch teams to make it fair). Nearing my target, I quickly took out the closest defender and went after the guy I needed to blow up but I couldn't catch up to him so it was a clear victory. Catch-up on would be needed.

Seriously, it's like R* don't even test their sh*t before releasing them. We're not f*cking beta testers.

• StormerBoy likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

The problem is that most players treat it like a deathmatch and, as long as their lock-on is working, they don't mind who they're firing at.  What should happen is that when someone gets the target, all the other teams should converge on whoever has it.  Perhaps if they changed it so that everyone else's camera is focussed on the player with the target, then players wouldn't be so quick to lose.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

NeonBlade
  • NeonBlade

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

OP is assuming Rockstar put any thought into these. He would be sorely mistaken.

A Paradox from 94
  • A Paradox from 94

<TNWO> Join Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

I'm here to inform you O.P that you just suck at jet missions. If you allow yourself to be put in the position where you're chasing the guy with the target from too far away then maybe it isn't the mission but the person complaining about it.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

I think the job's good it's the players that suck.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

did that job yesterday. first someone got the target.   then it glitched and everyone left (on their screen i probably left)  the target was nowhere to be found, and after the timer ran out, i won and got $7k/rp3k something. that was nice for 3 minutes of trying to pass in the tunnel in the jet.  

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

It's supposed to be a fun game of tag. Instead, you run towards the edge of the map like a little bitch, and then cry about how it's broken. :D

It's not broken, unless you brake it. If your goal is to have fun, you'll enjoy it.

• LuCkySabeR and A Paradox from 94 like this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

It's supposed to be a fun game of tag. Instead, you run towards the edge of the map like a little bitch, and then cry about how it's broken. :D

It's not broken, unless you brake it. If your goal is to have fun, you'll enjoy it.

Actually the person who has the objective is supposed to run away while the other teams are supposed to try and kill him.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Actually the person who has the objective is supposed to run away while the other teams are supposed to try and kill him.

Thanks Sherlock :D

I don't run away in a straight line like a dumbass. It's way more fun to fly high, low, under bridges, between buildings... in that general area. The problem is, most people just look for easy money, they don't care about having fun. Win or loose, playing air tag is fun. If you don't enjoy flying, you're playing the wrong job.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:02 AM Edited by Sangers, 04 September 2014 - 07:03 AM.

The best part of this mission is the team lobby screen where everyone jumps from team to team. It starts balanced, then you have all but one guy on one team, then you have just one team, then everyone abandons ship.

If you're not paying attention as the launch counter counts down to zero, you could find yourself on against 7

...it's great!

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

The best part of this mission is the team lobby screen where everyone jumps from team to team. It starts balanced, then you have all but one guy on one team, then you have just one team, then everyone abandons ship.

If you're not paying attention as the launch counter counts down to zero, you could find yourself on against 7

...it's great!

This is something that happens in all Capture-type games, though I've yet to see it in Acquire Targets.  I've seen it happen in Air Force Zero a couple of times, though.

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:42 AM Edited by Bandalamente, 04 September 2014 - 08:45 AM.

The people here who are all 'git gud' should really consider what OP suggests - how would this not make the game mode a million times better?

I have played 4 rounds of this mode and of them only one played out into the gripping to and fro of a multi-team dogfight with the scores balancing out and ultimately the  most skilled team coming out on top (based on their kills at the end) 

The other three times 1 - I got it straight away, lost it, other team got some points and I got it and just flew in arcs and circles for 2 minutes while everyone blew each other up. 2 - I got it and just flew out to sea. Don't think I even heard a missile. 3 - it was dark and this dude got it and flew up into the clouds to never be seen again. 

Its already a trend that make the whole mode a waste of time, and as time goes by everyone will realise that as soon as you get it you scarper. 

Either by some code you score a point and the flag respawns an equal distance from all players, or they have some set interesting spawn points like knife edge through buildings, under bridges , tip of a crane etc

Also this will mean when you get the flag you can choose to go on the offense, instead of running away. 

Otherwise this game mode which can be hella hella fun will just live in the LTS part of your phone to only be pressed accidentally or by GTA hipsters. 

• StormerBoy likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

You should really lose the flag after you gain a point.
  • StormerBoy and LuCkySabeR like this

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

The people here who are all 'git gud' should really consider what OP suggests - how would this not make the game mode a million times better?

[...]

Its already a trend that make the whole mode a waste of time, and as time goes by everyone will realise that as soon as you get it you scarper. 

Why are you granting that premise but dismissing the premise that, as time goes by, everyone should realise that the aim is to gang up on the one who holds the flag?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users