Photo

Need White Crew Color!

18 replies to this topic
Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Ok, I know the coding for it was patched back in January but, I'm at the point where I would join a crew just to get that awesome color. So, if anyone would allow me to join your crew so that I can have the white crew color then, I'll gladly GREATLY appreciate it. I'll even gift you some GTA Cash.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

XBOX GT: AboveOmnipotent

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

You can't get white for a crew colour, same with black.

Plus if you want the white for a car colour just use either Ice White or Frost White spray paints.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Helmut's European Autos Official Photographer

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

You can't get white for a crew colour, same with black.

Plus if you want the white for a car colour just use either Ice White or Frost White spray paints.

#FFFFFF and #000000 are brighter and darker than their standard in-game counterparts. And they can be crew colors, if you know what you're doing. Personally I'm in a crew with a black color.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

That's why I said I'll even join a crew that already has a white crew color. I'm hoping some of you nice people here could help me out?

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

I was going to suggest changing your own crew colour to white but it's patched via the inspect element method.

Good luck finding a crew that still has it.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

Is there ANY other method you know of?

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

Yeah. This kid explains exactly how to do it.

I tried it out a second ago and it works perfectly fine.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

I'm on my phone and can't view it for some strange reason. Do I need any type of tools to do it or do I just simply use the computer?
Please tell me exactly what you did? And yes, I'm desperate for it. LOL

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

I'm on my phone and can't view it for some strange reason. Do I need any type of tools to do it or do I just simply use the computer?Please tell me exactly what you did? And yes, I'm desperate for it. LOL

White won't work via inspect element or the RGB/hex box they added, the on,y way to do it is find a crew. But black on the other hand will work as long as it has two of the value at 0 and 1 in the other, for example 000100, will be the blackest black you can't get in social club.

@Zoobz, white looks awesome if applied over Brushed Black Steel, but you need to find a crew with white, or bring from single player.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:46 AM

I'm on my phone and can't view it for some strange reason. Do I need any type of tools to do it or do I just simply use the computer?Please tell me exactly what you did? And yes, I'm desperate for it. LOL

White won't work via inspect element or the RGB/hex box they added, the on,y way to do it is find a crew. But black on the other hand will work as long as it has two of the value at 0 and 1 in the other, for example 000100, will be the blackest black you can't get in social club.

@Zoobz, white looks awesome if applied over Brushed Black Steel, but you need to find a crew with white, or bring from single player.

Regarding the Brushed Black Steel, that's EXACTLY why I want the white crew color.  It looks extremely awesome.  Do you know of ANY crews that have the white crew color?  If so then, PLEASE tell me.  Thanks.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

Zoobz, I just tried it and it doesn't work.  HOW did it work for you?

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Zoobz, I just tried it and it doesn't work.  HOW did it work for you?

Just followed the steps in the video.

You need to use either Firefox or Chrome Internet browsers, or any browser you can use Inspect Element from.

I used Firefox.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

I've tried all browsers and still, doesn't work.  Would you mind posting a picture of it working for you?

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

I've tried all browsers and still, doesn't work.  Would you mind posting a picture of it working for you?

What error do you get?

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

The black crew color works, the white crew color doesn't.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

The black crew color works, the white crew color doesn't.

You cant do it no more since January, same goes with greys. It give you something like this

"Your color is not supported"

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Exactly!

hot_totti
  • hot_totti

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hi

Above Omnipotence

Just signed up to here to help you out and hope the community can help further with this question as thats how I got here before spending around 3 hours trying to set white as a crew colour as i had done around Two months ago with out a hitch.

As a quick history,  bright white and dark black crew colours were patched in Jan 2014. There were shades that still worked though that were lighter and darker respectively than the in-game white and black that worked though. I have used both. The white seems to have been patched again with in the last Two months for some reason and that is what has caused this post.

After playing with it for Around 3 hours and not even getting grey to work, I realised that the new (un-confirmed by rockstar) patch on the inspect element for the colour chart has blocked all the white hex codes (rasist I know lol). The RGB codes still save as before (or at least as of after the previous patch).

HERE'S WHERE I EDIT WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO WRITE...

On R* social It worked straight away,

it did save with the hex as black (that was the crew colour before my efforts) and the RGB as 250, 250, 250

I was stoked. The little display came up white on the R* social website and then it saved with no error message.

I started typing up this to provide an answer, put the game on to make sure before I finshed typing and it wass still black. Have tried time and again now, but it seems that the hex code is like the master and reverts the RGB to the nearest one that fits the hex code itself. I have tried a yellow hex dode with the white RGB, It saves as white, you leave the page, come back and now it is yellow, with the RGB having magically changed itself... Now trying with dark white/bluish hex codes. If I get it to work will let you guys know. If you guys play around with the hex codes and get it to work please post back to let me know.

I would just like say before how rediculous I think it is that R* ( just incase they ever read this) want to dictate simple things like what crew colour we have. There  seems to be no good reason for it and it punishes not only customers but the best kind of customers who take time out to make the game better by setting up crews etc. More over the crew colours cost more than normal colours, surely meaning more shark cards bought in the long run. Why can we not have white crew colours?!

• TUFF_CLINT likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users