Now I realize why they made Non-Contact Races

30 replies to this topic
kevster907
  • kevster907

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

Been playing GTA since its release and currently working on my second character. My first character unlocked all mods in LS Customs from the endless nights with racing with friends. All fun

Now on my second character, I'm the only one still playing GTA, so I have to join these random races so I can unlock the rest of the mods in the shop.

WHY THE FRENCH TOAST DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE A DICK?!
Horns constantly blasting for no reason at the start of the race. People trying to spin each other AT THE START of the race. First corner is just a total cluster F***. And if you some how avoided all of that chaos and lead the pack, dickhead in second place will beat you thanks to catch up and him "taping" your car only to spin you out in the most over dramatic way yet when you try to return the move they go unfazed.

/rant

So what do you guys do? Play along and race dirty? Trust no one?

Ya ya ya this is GTA not Forza, deal with it...
  • ten-a-penny, WWrestlingNewz, SubliminalNoize and 1 other like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

It's been like this since launch also.. People spinning each other out during Down the Drain and Criminal Records, ramming each other in plane races, etc.

For me, I just let everybody else crash and take the glory of an easy win. If they want to PIT me, I brake hard and ram them. :p
  • dairyworker likes this

MoundLicker
  • MoundLicker

Clowny McShenanigans

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Race non-contact and turn catch-up and slipstream OFF.   I prefer contact races but it's just bumper cars and whoever survives the first couple of turns wins....and that's just stupid.  I usually just hot lap by myself anymore when I have time to play.  Though that doesn't help unlock anything.

• zoobulon likes this

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Nothing new here. 

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

I've found that in races where there are a lot of cars, it's best to hang back at the start, let the idgets knock each other out of the race, and then just plow through the debris. 

After you've taken the lead, and the second place guy comes up on your tail, slam on your brakes. If you do it right, he will spin out and then you can just cruise across the finish line.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Always turn catchup and slipstream off. Non-contact rules.

ZenJenga
  • ZenJenga

taps your phones

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

slipstream is fun, but catchup can suck my d 1 c k.  Non-contact is lame though.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hey! I like honking my horn!

• slyolddog and TheGoodSgtScooter like this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by cjdavies, 04 September 2014 - 06:53 AM.

If a player slips stream me, I move over allow them to overtake, better than me spinning out. A player tried to go into side me as I was overtaking, luckily I just passed them and throughout out hitting the barrier.

I hate those who feel the need to honk horns at start.

Catchup, if they crash etc due to their own fault why should they be able to catchup?! The same applies to me when I make a mistake.

If im near the start of a big race, I move over and hang back and pass the piles up that follow soon after.

The only time I will ram is if the race is GTA.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

Whenever i am doing missions with randoms and they select race i wait until the last second to switch it to no-contact and i love it when they go to ram you except they though right though you and end up wrecking and then they accuse you of cheating.

• Above Omnipotence and JimmyFantastic like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

"Some asshole is in my pool"

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

When they ram you on purpose, they laugh at you and they keep doing it over and over again because they know you can't come over and punch him in the face.

Trolls are coward

• zoobulon likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

-

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

That's the main reason I don't race that much anymore. 99% of the time when you join a random race, it's a Super race. I want to race my Stinger GT, not my Zentorno, Rockstar!

I also wish there was an option to join a random non-contact race, not just join a random race with random options not telling you if it's non-contact, point to point, GTA, or standard.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

When they ram you on purpose, they laugh at you and they keep doing it over and over again because they know you can't come over and punch him in the face.

Trolls are coward

It'll be an amazing day when humans learn Goku's Instant Transmission... Looool, I can see myself giving a troll a knuckle sandwich and a dead leg. :p

YG.
  • YG.

Young Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Been playing GTA since its release and currently working on my second character. My first character unlocked all mods in LS Customs from the endless nights with racing with friends. All fun

Now on my second character, I'm the only one still playing GTA, so I have to join these random races so I can unlock the rest of the mods in the shop.

WHY THE FRENCH TOAST DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE A DICK?!
Horns constantly blasting for no reason at the start of the race. People trying to spin each other AT THE START of the race. First corner is just a total cluster F***. And if you some how avoided all of that chaos and lead the pack, dickhead in second place will beat you thanks to catch up and him "taping" your car only to spin you out in the most over dramatic way yet when you try to return the move they go unfazed.

/rant

So what do you guys do? Play along and race dirty? Trust no one?

I don't race dirty but when somebody rams me, i do the same to him. I like fair races, no catch up, no contact.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

It was never a mystery as to why they made it.

I personally hate non-contact races, I shouldn't because I also despise dirty racers even more & so in theory I should love non-contact, but it feels artificial when I race non-contact & I don't like it. 

Also something I notice about people who race non-contact, they also do it on a track which they practice a hundred times so that they have an inherent advantage or think they do. 

My main issue with non-contact racing? apart from it being artificial (Yes I love when you have to squeeze through a gap to overtake fairly) if the racers are fairly even in skill... & obviously all pick the same car, then the race is effectively won by the guy who starts in first place...

Because everyone will get the boost, & the guy in 1st already has a huge gap to the guys at the back, & assuming all skill being equal, unless they make a mistake then they have the race won at the start line. Whereas with contact, things can happen like guys going for risky overtakes & flipping the race upside down. 

Also slipstream being disabled annoys me, I think there should be an option for low slipstream, because slipstream is a reality & part of racing, so turning it off to me just shows that a guy doesn't know how to race defensively.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

SubliminalNoize
  • SubliminalNoize

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm with you wildfire. I like clean racing, not the destruction derby that most online racing is. I wish I had crew that just wanted race.

MoundLicker
  • MoundLicker

Clowny McShenanigans

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

I'm with you wildfire. I like clean racing, not the destruction derby that most online racing is. I wish I had crew that just wanted race.

Try the crew Nonchalant Dominance or something like that.  It's one of broughy1322's crews and they are serious, competent racers.  I never have time to race with them personally though. 

JimmyFantastic
  • JimmyFantastic

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

Yeah I hate the lack of defending etc in non-contact but it is necessary to avoid the destruction derby nonsense.

aquahaze2
  • aquahaze2

Lost Grove Mafia leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I don't play ditry unless someone trys some bullsh*t first lol, then again I'm kind of an idoit because 90℅ of the time that sh*t happens anyway. But still I don't like being a dick in GTA or in anything else for that matter.

So I at least play like a saint in till someone acts up, then I go no hold bars lol

Trashdog2000
  • Trashdog2000

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

I used to play non contact a lot but now I just play contact. If you turn catchup off and use a turbo start chances are that the other racers will mess each other up at the start and won't catch up unless you mess up or they are better than you.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

Just leave traffic enabled, people who can't drive will always end up down the back where they belong.

Did that last night with Commute, despite Catch Up slowing me down to crawl speeds, still won by 7 seconds :blink:

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Rollin' Bones

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

OP won my heart with "WHY THE FRENCH TOAST."

On-topic, I don't race much but I tried out non-contact with some friends last night. It feels really weird, and it changes the whole game of racing. Battling for position with your opponent....inside you. *shudder*

13SAMRAI
  • 13SAMRAI

~Wreck13Sh/t!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Rubbing WAS Racing!!! For some.....

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

I did all my racing back before no contact was added. I always quit races with catch up and slipstream those are for people who suck. The winner shouldn't be punished because everyone else is garbage at racing.

I also would spin out anyone I could to win.

Why? I'll tell you why. Because I can. I can't do that in other racing games. But in this one, I can, and I will.

What's with this code of honor bullsh*t? Yea it's a dick move. It's also a dick move when I kill you in free roam so whatever. This game is open, we don't all have to be nice.

I remember some kid yelling "wtf why did you go so far ahead were trying to trade wins" or some sh*t

I play to win, so look out. DEATH RACE

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by cjdavies, 08 September 2014 - 04:40 PM.

I always quit races with catch up and slipstream those are for people who suck. The winner shouldn't be punished because everyone else is garbage at racing.

Ok then.

WWrestlingNewz
  • WWrestlingNewz

Your worst f*cking nightmare

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

That's why I hate racing.  If it's a non contact race I can confirm I'd beat everyone's ass.  (rants on for 20 minutes because it pisses me off) So when I do race I have to race dirty because it's the only way to stay in 1st because everyone's pitting my car like a bunch of dumb f****. (rants on for another 20 minutes and slams computer to the ground)

I did all my racing back before no contact was added. I always quit races with catch up and slipstream those are for people who suck. The winner shouldn't be punished because everyone else is garbage at racing.

Why? I'll tell you why. Because I can. I can't do that in other racing games. But in this one, I can, and I will.

What's with this code of honor bullsh*t? Yea it's a dick move. It's also a dick move when I kill you in free roam so whatever. This game is open, we don't all have to be nice.

I remember some kid yelling "wtf why did you go so far ahead were trying to trade wins" or some sh*t

I play to win, so look out. DEATH RACE

You're right, it's not against the rules to race dirty.

YG.
  • YG.

Young Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Dayum, i got so mad when some 12yo squeaker rammed into me like 50 m before the finish line which resulted in me getting f*cked up by a rock. f*ck kids.

• zoobulon likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

"Some asshole is in my pool"

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Dayum, i got so mad when some 12yo squeaker rammed into me like 50 m before the finish line which resulted in me getting f*cked up by a rock. f*ck kids.

I feel you, man.

A f*cking kid who didn't know how to drive but to rely on speed rammed my Massacro when I was at the first position and reaching first place in a straight lane.

He went first and was so proud. That kid would have a bruise on his face if he was beside me.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Also something I notice about people who race non-contact, they also do it on a track which they practice a hundred times so that they have an inherent advantage or think they do. 

Just saying, I always prefer non-contact and I will always be far ahead of other racers the first time we race a new track, I.e. when a new track gets verified and we vote for it.

Just gotta read the map, and don't be afraid to brake too hard.

Non-contact shouldn't be necessary but cars affect each other too much in this game. Wish they would just tone down the collision impact forces a little.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users