Nobody likes a "hero"!

32 replies to this topic
artoisformoi
  • artoisformoi

Square Civilian

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I am sick to death of killjoys in buzzards ruining missions with with their uninvited "help". I play missions because I enjoy playing them, the money and rp are secondary. So for me to play a mission like trash talk and have some gatecrasher in their all flying, all bombing chariot destroy all the trucks before I even reach the first one is an annoyance to say the least. Ask before calling it in, it's not always(never) welcome.

• Cake* Games, cjdavies and bronzeboyxx like this

ChrisB360
  • ChrisB360

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

I played a similar mission the other day with 2 mates and a random when we were driving he flew over just as we got there and did the same. Also hit my car
  • bronzeboyxx likes this

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by doublehelix, 04 September 2014 - 09:32 AM.

Kind of agree, although I am guilty of it myself. At least there's an incentive to take your time now.
  • bronzeboyxx likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

A buzzard is almost useless now due to the new mission criteria. I have a buzzard and I never use it anymore, is there much point? Only mission where it might be of help is judging the jury I suppose, but I've seen people have issues locking on to targets in that mission.

• bronzeboyxx likes this

RajunKjun
  • RajunKjun

Southwest Louisiana

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Bugs me that every time I give somebody a ride in my buzzard they jack control of my rockets and suck at shooting them using that horrible camera. Wish you could lock out passenger usage of weapons on buzzard.
  • VMB-TAN, Spayspay, Shadowlarvitar and 10 others like this

Mr.SoapyLegs
  • Mr.SoapyLegs

Light em if you got it

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Bugs me that every time I give somebody a ride in my buzzard they jack control of my rockets and suck at shooting them using that horrible camera. Wish you could lock out passenger usage of weapons on buzzard.

That's why I don't bring mine out when randoms are in a mission. Only trusted friends get into my buzzard.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

How is it that people still don't get this? It drives me nuts when some idiot won't give me back control of the missiles. I wish you could eject the passenger in the buzzard mid-air
  • dreadluxx, Spayspay, A Maned Wolf and 6 others like this

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

just another reason to never play this game with random people....or people without headsets.

FedoraTheExplora
  • FedoraTheExplora

Mendoza's Been Shot Damn It!

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by FedoraTheExplora, 04 September 2014 - 01:46 AM.

During missions, the mission temporarily turns into Need For Speed when reaching the destination and they can't drive worth sh*t. Bad combo.

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

If I host trash talk, I use a buzzard. If people don't like it like le butthurt op, that's why there is an invite only option.

• cswood, Miauuu5_7, HitYourBong and 2 others like this

Miauuu5_7
  • Miauuu5_7

Los Viruz Ántrax

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:01 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 04 September 2014 - 08:03 AM.

I use it in missions I know have helicopters or boats (when you got get in a boat to deliver) and I usually fly alongside the others players or let them do the ground work and not try take all the kills like some fkboy's that do use buzzards or (ffs) tanks...If they die and I'm the last one left alive I will try complete the job. If I fail. I don't bother with buzzard again if we all reply the job. If I'm on my own I use it depending on the job and how I want to complete it.

Roman Desimone
  • Roman Desimone

Bless King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

I understand what you're saying op however some people just want to save time and ammo because sticky bombs, rpgs, and grenade launchers are expensive as hell and in my experience after a couple runs with trash talk with the sticky bomb method you tend to lose a good chunk of money especially when you replenish it fully

HitYourBong
  • HitYourBong

Stoner

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

I'de rather spend $200 on a buzzard than $4K in ammo any day

• Spayspay likes this

bronzeboyxx
  • bronzeboyxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Use buzzard in solo missions,if you like,but when there are 4of you it's not necessary,and now you earn less for quick completion....

RavingWithJesus
  • RavingWithJesus

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

I use my buzzard in trash talk and mixed up with coke, if people don't like it, they can just quit. 

Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

I can't say this for missions; occasionally I'll pick up my Buzzard and let someone else do the exploding whilst I navigate our path, though mostly I just use it for commuting purposes... but in freemode, when I'm in a shootout with the cops and someone comes barrelling in with their RPG's and 'copters (and even miniguns) and it sometimes pisses me off. I appreciate they're trying to help, but there's less for me to sink my claws into when they're blowing sh*t up and killing everyone within a 453453453 metre radius.

Coltrane III
  • Coltrane III

Boots and Cats

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:35 PM Edited by Coltrane III, 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Everything in GTA is situational and contextual so I don't like to generalize. I don't usually have a problem with people going rambo in missions with buzzards. Sometimes its helpful and sometimes its completely unnecessary. But its never really bothered me I guess. That being said...
  • artoisformoi likes this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

happened to me one time when RR was still the sh*t.

mJ1LYBn.jpg
  • mrironmoose likes this

Godeater
  • Godeater

RUSH RLZ

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Everything in GTA is situational and contextual so I don't like to generalize. I don't usually have a problem with people going rambo in missions with buzzards. Sometimes its helpful and sometimes its completelt unnecessary. But its never really bothered me I guess. That being said...

Yeah level headed way to think about it. OP is off their rocker IMO. Calling it "uninvited help" when someone responds to your invite for a session LOL. Be happy they are not totally useless, muck up the mission, or better yet a griefer. Getting cheesed off because someone did the mission fast, using the tools at their disposal, is quite bewildering.

• zoobulon likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

OP-  

Are you hosting the mission? 

If not,, Too bad.

WWrestlingNewz
  • WWrestlingNewz

Your worst f*cking nightmare

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

I understand you there.  That's why I don't let anyone ride with me except 1 or 2 people who know me enough that they know it ticks me off.  If for some reason a random does get in it during a mission I just wont take off or I'll crash into a building.  WHY TAKE MY ROCKETS IF YOU SUCK AT USING THEM! 

If I host trash talk, I use a buzzard. If people don't like it like le butthurt op, that's why there is an invite only option.

I agree with you.  I enjoy doing mission with my buzzards.  It saves me time and ammo.  If people get butthurt about it then tough sh*t.  It's called GRAND THEFT AUTO.  It's an adult video game rated M because its got sex, drugs alcohol, torture, etc.  Dont cry becasue someone wants to use a buzzard to make the mission easier.  (rants on for another 10 minutes)

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I am sick to death of killjoys in buzzards ruining missions with with their uninvited "help". I play missions because I enjoy playing them, the money and rp are secondary. So for me to play a mission like trash talk and have some gatecrasher in their all flying, all bombing chariot destroy all the trucks before I even reach the first one is an annoyance to say the least. Ask before calling it in, it's not always(never) welcome.

What do you mean "uninvited"?  If they weren't invited then why didn't you kick them before the mission started.  But of course you probably didn't host the session, so you really shouldn't say "uninvited" help.  

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by zoobulon, 10 September 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Use buzzard in solo missions,if you like,but when there are 4of you it's not necessary,and now you earn less for quick completion....

Since you're talking about druthers I'd like it if team-mates didn't back-shoot me after completing missions together but wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first. It's really not up to you to dictate what others do as necessary or not as long as no one is griefing you. As to cash per mission, that's much less important than cash per hour.

*Lola
  • *Lola

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by *Lola, 17 September 2014 - 05:38 PM.

I just played Chop Chop and the "Hero" ran in alone. I stayed back and sniped while he died twice and had to watch me finish all three stages.LOL

Makes me laugh every time.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Have fun making less than $6k! (;

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

You can kick them out of the Rocket Cam by doubl tapping Right on the D-Pad or the right arrow for PSN users.

mrironmoose
  • mrironmoose

I am everywhere

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by mrironmoose, 18 September 2014 - 03:09 AM.

I had this happen to me the other day during "Mixed up with Coke."
One guy ran off, one guy got his buzzard, and I got my Cargobob and made a car bomb.
Buzzard got the two outer trucks, I bombed the middle one.
He blew up all of the other trucks but one, which I flew around with to increase the payout.

It was kind of annoying that he Rambo'd most of the mission without even interacting with us, but in all honesty he did make it super easy.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by cswood, 18 September 2014 - 06:13 PM.

I just played Chop Chop and the "Hero" ran in alone. I stayed back and sniped while he died twice and had to watch me finish all three stages.LOL

Makes me laugh every time.

And THIS is why (if I'm hosting Chop Chop) I start the mission near another airfield so I can get my Buzzard OR (if I'm invited) I drive up to Trevor's airfield to get my Buzzard and hope my other teammates don't die before I can get back to help them (though I am guilty of accidentally blowing up the other two Buzzards in the mission so my bad).

As others have stated, having a Buzzard saves time and ammo. Even though we now get a little extra money for playing longer, if you are playing a mission that can be completed quickly with a Buzzard then replaying the mission and finishing it quickly will get you more money than playing it once for 10+ minutes.

I spent too much money on my Buzzard not to use it whenever I feel like it and especially when the enemies now have magic skull-homing bullets that deal out 300% damage.

Chop Chop, Crystal Clear out 1-3, Extradition, Mixed Up With Coke, Base Invaders, Trash Talk, Denial of Service, hell even Rooftop Rumble can all be made more fun with some rocket-fueled party favors (ASSUMING the pilot doesn't blow stuff up that fails the mission).

• HitYourBong likes this

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

I always make 15 grand and some change. How do you make as little as six grand?

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

I always make 15 grand and some change. How do you make as little as six grand?

Doing the mission way too fast. I played Mixed Up With The Coke with random that flew two Buzzards, finished the mission in maybe less than a 2-3 minutes.. We got paid $2,500.

Idk about Trash Talk, but I can imagine the same group of players doing that in a couple of minutes. :/

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

Doing the mission way too fast. I played Mixed Up With The Coke with random that flew two Buzzards, finished the mission in maybe less than a 2-3 minutes.. We got paid $2,500.

Idk about Trash Talk, but I can imagine the same group of players doing that in a couple of minutes. :/

I dawdle at the end to at least get the 5 minute pay bump, chopper tail as well. Usually I stop at amunation and re-up and that'll put me over the time limit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users