Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

1,488 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

I believe it's the phone other characters in the game are using. If you can seen Roman's (or someone else's phone) during the cutscene it will look like the one depicted on the ad. BTW it strongly resembles one of the old Sony Ericsson models.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

You wanna do the dance, for old times sake?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by ~Tiger~, A week ago.

I don't recall the bridge being there

I found this bridge thing to be pretty interesting, sooo I did a lil' investigating.

~Spoiler Tags for your convenience~

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also of note, there's a lot more detail around in the early screen shot like more trash and the metal platform thingies by the yellow building, but there was less graffiti on the upper walls of the yellow building. The road also seems to have a different road texture.

I know its been a while since I've posted this, but I noticed something today while playing GTA IV related to this bridge, plus it still interests me lol.

Spoiler
  • Legomanarthur, NerdFox, RM76 and 1 other like this

sebbellic01
  • sebbellic01

Rockstar: removing valuable content since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

=

Located in Bohan, near the safehouse.

Could someone please go behind the walls of this place out to see if it still has an interior? (like one of the cut barbershops) 

I can't have a look inside because I'm on version 1.0.8.0, so no mods for me.

Cheers  :^:

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

=
Located in Bohan, near the safehouse.

Could someone please go behind the walls of this place out to see if it still has an interior? (like one of the cut barbershops) 
I can't have a look inside because I'm on version 1.0.8.0, so no mods for me.
Cheers  :^:

i did it already, there is nothing anymore

• sebbellic01 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by universetwisters, A week ago.

I like how the phone is advertising a hookup or something and Tinder Ave is mentioned.

Like goddamn that's some f*cking foreshadowing.

• Piggsy pls, Rodger Cheeto, NerdFox and 1 other like this

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by PJR_4015, A week ago.

C6HFpML.png
The picture in the top left corner shows the very unfinished interior of this barbershop.

I found the location of that top left building ingame, it's in Leftwood.

Spoiler

As you can see it indeed uses the same model Mega showed us earlier. It doesn't have an interior though, I checked.

• Mister Pink, Rodger Cheeto and sebbellic01 like this

sebbellic01
  • sebbellic01

Rockstar: removing valuable content since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by sebbellic01, A week ago.

Back from the dead! I apologise for abandoning the BETA Bank I was making, but college started and I didn't have much time to breathe until now. I've been doing a very long hunt since January for potential locations for the bank, and I think today I came across one of the best. Needs some adjusting, but still, I'd like to ask some feedback for the location. It's the same building from this timestamp. The interior itself is only missing 2 minor things that are texture related, so I'm going to fix that soon.

Spoiler

Doesn't really mean much, but the building model has a temporary texture leftover, which could maybe (1% chance) mean something. Who knows.

1o7B1RC.png

More interior pics, since I changed up and improved quite a few things since I last posted (ignore lack of glass alpha, Max doesn't like when I do that, but I'll add it in when it's time to put ingame):

Spoiler

Spoiler

If anyone here is good at drawing/painting/whatever or you know someone who is, the main thing I'd love to have for extra accuracy is a remake or something very similar to the painting Gill had in her bank.

sbNnFFU.png

Think you can do the same for these cut Cluckin' Bells? Considering the interior is already in the files (the interior is shared with the other locations), just need to place the interior in the location. Would do it myself if I knew how to. How do you do that?

lIIZyZh.png

8IlbnHH.png

• Mega likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Waiiiiit lol, the last pic - ain't this photoshopped? The walls of the building obstruct the peds and the radar o_O

Dacia
  • Dacia

Grand Theft Auto 3 is the best gta ever.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^Yep, poorly photoshopped.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Brooklynzsmac
  • Brooklynzsmac

Say it with me homies! Grove Street is king!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

First one is photoshopped too, look at bus shelter.

• Jeansowaty and BlackScout like this

Mega
  • Mega

*this space is for rent*

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago

Good idea. I can give it a shot, but currently I'm trying to improve my general modelling and texturing skills because I'm not very happy with some stuff in the BETA Bank. But once I'm done, I'll try.

• BlackScout, NerdFox and sebbellic01 like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 6 days ago

@Jeansowaty
It's just a vision, how graphic artist should remodel the building.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 6 days ago

Yeah, usually known as a paintover concept, these showed other possible Cluckin' Bell locations that most likely wern't finished mapping wise before the game came out.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ~Tiger~, 6 days ago.

Think you can do the same for these cut Cluckin' Bells? Considering the interior is already in the files (the interior is shared with the other locations), just need to place the interior in the location. Would do it myself if I knew how to. How do you do that?

Where's the second location?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ~Tiger~, 6 days ago.

Back from the dead! I apologise for abandoning the BETA Bank I was making, but college started and I didn't have much time to breathe until now. I've been doing a very long hunt since January for potential locations for the bank, and I think today I came across one of the best. Needs some adjusting, but still, I'd like to ask some feedback for the location. It's the same building from this timestamp. The interior itself is only missing 2 minor things that are texture related, so I'm going to fix that soon.

Spoiler

Doesn't really mean much, but the building model has a temporary texture leftover, which could maybe (1% chance) mean something. Who knows.

-snip-

More interior pics, since I changed up and improved quite a few things since I last posted (ignore lack of glass alpha, Max doesn't like when I do that, but I'll add it in when it's time to put ingame):
Spoiler

Spoiler

If anyone here is good at drawing/painting/whatever or you know someone who is, the main thing I'd love to have for extra accuracy is a remake or something very similar to the painting Gill had in her bank.
 -snip

Where's the second location?

i think i found it

Click here to view the SnapMap

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 6 days ago Edited by CreepShow, 6 days ago.

i think i found it

Click here to view the SnapMap

You're right, thats the place, next to Oleg's house,  but its the beta,in the game there arent those cooler things on the windows and if you look on the left side you can see a bench which isnt in the game. Also I thought that was another closed clucking bell, like the one where you find Cherise as a random encounter.

Iskanchik2004
  • Iskanchik2004

Wassup, pal?

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 days ago

Strange Vlad's hairstyle 

51.jpg

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 5 days ago

There's also a Cluckin Bell in Berchem, Alderney but it's also closed.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The Golden Void speaks to me...

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 3 days ago

Was Bob Marley's "Exodus" meant to appear on Tuff Gong Radio? http://www83.zippysh...MA7Nb/file.html

I was looking through the station's files and found an ID that clearly announces that song. I've never heard that ID while playing the game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users