49 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

IV subway system feels very good!!!
I think with IV they managed to hit it right, for the time you spend travelling, as an immersive experience, as close to real and perfect, that did work, unlike, V which just looks good, but nothing feels like different from what one has experienced before.
In my opinion, IV beats V, as always!
  • PulpFiction likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Grand Theft Auto V Subway is better because you can go inside without cut scene

while this may be true, why would you even want to?

OT: gta iv's was better by far. it had relevance to the story and is such a iconic part of new york.  the subway in LC felt like it was part of the city's life blood, unlike V, where it was just there

NYC subway system is cleaned up compared to the 80s and 90s.  I dont think you run into alot of tagged subway cars around NYC these days like in 4. 

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

IV hands down. The only thing i prefet in V is that you can walk into it. MP even lets you walk around inside while SP forces you into a IV like camera.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

I found the subway in V too slow.

Cheers.

GTA50killer
  • GTA50killer

m.A.A.d

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

i got over 500 hours in GTA V and i didnt know u could go inside those trains lol

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

andersona7x6661
  • andersona7x6661

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Agreed dude

DayPhantom
  • DayPhantom

In The Danger Zone

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

GTA 4 one.

It actually got you somewhere quick, the GTA 5 one is nice for a scenic route due to the lack of a cutscene and the possibility of walking about inside.

Also the GTA 4 one was used by NPCs and had a meaning, the GTA 5 one is always deserted....

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Each has their pros and cons. I think V is much handier to drive down as an escape route, and will be a huge asset if they ever introduce Cops and Crooks All for One.

On the other hand IV was much more use for actually riding the train as the stops were close to a couple of the safe houses and took you somewhere you might want to go like missions. V's stops are all a bit out of the way for me.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

GTA 4 one.

It actually got you somewhere quick, the GTA 5 one is nice for a scenic route due to the lack of a cutscene and the possibility of walking about inside.

Also the GTA 4 one was used by NPCs and had a meaning, the GTA 5 one is always deserted....

If your goal is to get somewhere very quickly, get a taxi

Yeah, they got on, got off and walked around randomly. They didn't have a meaning, but at least the train was populated.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:28 AM

I think the relative value of the trains to real-life NYC and LA is accurately reflected. GTAV obviously handles the technical aspects better, meaning GTA IV's train felt a bit disconnected from the world's physics, like they hadn't figured out how you could walk on something that moves in that engine yet.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

Neither of them as good as RDR's trains IMO. In that you can get up and move around.

You can walk around in the trains on V. Atleast online. 

I had some guy chasin me for my bounty. shot him near the subway entrance and bolted down for a train. jumped on and it left before he could catch me. I was walking around. the doors were even open because i jumped out after i noticed he got in a car to meet me at the next stop lol. Maybe it was just glitched.

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

The Game Is Out

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:18 AM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 05 September 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Lol you serious? GTA 4 subway system by a long shot. No way do those half assed train cars even stand a chance.

• Kampret likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

Actually, LS has light rail, not a subway. ;)

It's rather simple system, and excruciatingly slow for light rail so I much prefer the LC subway.

Snake Plissken
  • Snake Plissken

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

GTA IV wins in my opinion.

GTA IV's Subway System underground is flooded with NPC's, police officers guarding gates and that saxophone/trumpet (whatever the hell he's playing) guy you can tip a few bucks too. It just feels like a living-breathing environment. (Maybe because it's based on New York City).

GTA V's Subway System underground has no NPC's down there and it's erriely quiet.

Seenyour31
  • Seenyour31

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Ah the good ol', El nice to see another Philadelphian on these forums.

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by wizwars, 06 September 2014 - 01:11 AM.

As someone who lives in the LA area and takes the lightrail and subway fairly regularly, I was pretty disappointed with its representation in GTA V. The actual stations definitely captured the feel of some of the ones in LA, but they condensed three lines into one (the green, blue, and red lines)...they also treat the system as if it is a trolly and it moves incredibly slow...the actual LA metro trains run upwards of 50mph. It could've easily been implemented a system that quickly and effortlessly gets you from one side of the city to the other in a short amount of time. Instead, we're left with something that is way too f*cking slow and you can't skip ahead to the next station. The subway in GTA IV definitely wins. BUT, Los Angeles also has nowhere near as much of a Subway culture as NYC. I was actually somewhat surprised that they included it in the game in the first place.

• Cutter De Blanc and ~Tiger~ like this

collywobbles
  • collywobbles

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

Cuz Dem rails in the NY needs be tight cuza the backup. Is a bussy city an It drawlin. La little bussy but it ain't sh*t like the NY. Notta so many backup in the streets dog. They use realizm mah dude.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:08 AM

they both suck but at least in 4 i knew you could ride them. hoping the next sub-way will be like that rdr train

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm going with IV just because I always raced down there with sport bikes online. That little strip in Bohan (I believe) where you entered the tunnel and it started going downhill was f*cking sweet. 

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:47 AM Edited by Cr!minal, 06 September 2014 - 10:48 AM.

I say GTA IV subway was more fun to ride and it felt more authentic. Also small but sometimes important functionality - skip to next station was there.

GTA V metro is somewhat less interesting compared to IV and trains move slower. One nice addon for V was the ability to walk inside train, but that's about it.

• Kampret likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users