Quantcast

» «
Photo

Once a username was in use, it's unavailable forever?

Best Answer Ryan, 02 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Your username is the name used to register the account with. Once chosen those are no longer available and cannot be changed. You can however change your display name provided no other users have that username or are using that display name.

Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic
Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hello,

I wanted to change my display name into the name of my second account. So I changed the name of my second account to make the name I want for this account available again. But it's still not available, it always says "That name is already in use, please choose another." That was about 3 days ago and it didn't change.

So the old name of my second account, that I now want for this account, is unavailable forever or is there a cooldown time or something? If not, could an admin please enable it?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 02 September 2014 - 11:54 PM.

You are not meant to have multiple accounts ...

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:56 PM   Best Answer

Your username is the name used to register the account with. Once chosen those are no longer available and cannot be changed. You can however change your display name provided no other users have that username or are using that display name.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by Preusse, 02 September 2014 - 11:49 PM.

What about deleting that account to release its name? Would that work? Is it possible to let an admin do this?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

We don't delete accounts or change names.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

Okay, thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users