What is this?
SA LODless is a modification that removes all of the LODs from SA and also increase draw distances for all of the HQ models in game. This is achieved by transferring HQ models from Binary IPLs for every sector of the map and transfer the IPL lines to its IPL counterpart and then deleting the LOD lines. Binary IPLs used by main.scm & interiors are left intact. This modification is compatible with the default main.scm, SAMP and numerous different cleo scripts, map mods etc. I cannot promise that every mod will be compatible, as long as the mod does not use LODs for any reason, then it should be compatible with SA LODless.
What is the difference between this & .LOD Mod by -BLITZ-?
.LOD Mod replaces the Lods with its HQ counterparts while LODless simply just deletes them from the IPLs.
Do I need any additional plugins to make this work?
You need to download Open Limit Adjuster to stop the game from crashing, you don't need to change limits as the limit adjuster will work out of the box with LODless. You will then need ThirteenAG's IDE_DD_Tweaker to stop you from falling through the ground! You can get the limit adjuster & the IDE_tweaker from the download section in the Project 2dfx thread.
You will need to make this amendment in (max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects is the important value you need to copy to) IDE_DD_Tweaker.ini:
[MAIN] enable=1 patch_tobjs=0 patch_lods=0 patch_generic=0 patch_all_normal=1 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1 [TOBJS] tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.0 [LODS] lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 0.0 lods_new_draw_distance = 1500.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored [OBJS] max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 1500.0 // it's better not to touch it at all generic_new_draw_distance = 300.0 normal_new_draw_distance = 1500.0
Are there any bugs?
- Models will only appear when you are looking towards the area. While this is not actually a bug with this mod, the game automatically loads the LODs no matter if you are looking at the area or not, then replaces the Lods with the HQ models when you do look. Hopefully this can be sorted one day.
- When entering a interior and the game plays the animation of entering through the door, you won't see any buildings as LODs are by default loaded. Hopefully sorting this problem will be as simple as _DK's binthesky.cs script along with the problem above.
How do I install this? (Especially as I forgot to include a readme!)
- Copy & replace all the files in put_to_root_of_gta_sa to your game directory
- Double click on SA_LODless.bat and let it do its job. The script will transfer the LODs over to SAMPCOL.img if SAMP exists in the directory
- Done! You may delete SA_LODless.bat, SA_LODless.ims, SA_LODless_SAMP & IMGConsole folder
Can I install this using Modloader?
- Create a folder in Modloader and copy gta3.img from your models folder to the newly created folder for this mod
- Follow the steps above
Why release this?
With IDE_tweaker you can theoretically 'hide' lods from view, which makes them useless and taking up unnecessary IDs and space in gta3.img.
UZI-I - Binary IPL Manager
_DK - binthesky
Link/2012 - Open Limit Adjuster
fastman92 - Fastman92 IMG Console
ThirteenAG - IDE_DD_Tweaker & Draw Distance Changer
You may modify, re-release, pretty much do whatever you want with this mod without my permission. All I ask is for you to mention me in your credits. If not, oh well not a big deal