What is this?
SA LODless is a modification that removes all of the LODs from SA and also increase draw distances for all of the HQ models in game. This is achieved by deleting Binary IPLs for every sector of the map and transfer the IPL lines to its IPL counterpart. Binary IPLs used by main.scm & interiors are left intact. This modification is compatible with default main.scm as well as numerous different cleo scripts, map mods etc. I cannot promise that every mod will be compatible, as long as the mod does not use LODs for any reason, then it should be compatible with SA LODless.
What is the difference between this & .LOD Mod by -BLITZ-?
.LOD Mod replaces the Lods with its HQ counterparts while LODless simply just deletes them from the IPLs. One advantage of using .LOD Mod over this is compatibility with SAMP, as far as I know this mod will not work with SAMP but I haven't tested it out to confirm this. But one advantage of using this mod you can delete any Lod from the games IDEs to free up more IDs. (Lods have been left in the games IDEs by default, you can simple delete them and the game will not crash)
Do I need any additional plugins to make this work?
You will need to install limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi as this mod requires some limits to be increased, check this post for what limits to set. You will then need either Sacky's Limit Adjuster Alpha 8 or ThirteenAG's IDE_DD_Tweaker to make this mod work, I recommend IDE_DD_Tweaker. You can get the limit adjuster & the IDE_tweaker from the download section in the Project 2dfx thread.
If you want to use SALA, you need to make this amendment (Remove # and edit the value as below) in salimits.ini:
If you want to use IDE_DD_Tweaker, you need to make this amendment in (max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects is the important value you need to copy to) IDE_DD_Tweaker.ini:
[MAIN] enable=1 patch_tobjs=0 patch_lods=0 patch_generic=0 patch_all_normal=0 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1 [TOBJS] tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.0 [LODS] lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 0.0 lods_new_draw_distance = 1500.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored [OBJS] max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 1500.0 // it's better not to touch it at all generic_new_draw_distance = 300.0 normal_new_draw_distance = 1500.0
Are there any bugs?
- Enexes across the map might lead to a totally different area than they are suppose to. (I have a suspicion its just LA)
- Models will only appear when you are looking towards the area. While this is not actually a bug with this mod, the game automatically loads the LODs no matter if you are looking at the area or not, then replaces the Lods with the HQ models when you do look. Hopefully this can be sorted one day.
- Models might take a while to load when flying at high speed. Improvements to this problem can be done by giving models different draw distances, this first release has all models set at a draw distance of 1500 (excluding generic, interiors & leveldes except for seabed.ide)
How do I install this? (Especially as I forgot to include a readme!)
- Copy & replace all the files in put_to_root_of_gta_sa to your game directory
- Double click on SA_LODless.bat and let it do its job
- Done! You may delete SA_LODless.bat, SA_LODless.ims & IMGConsole folder
Can I install this using Modloader?
- Create a folder in Modloader and copy gta3.img from your models folder to the newly created folder for this mod
- Follow the steps above except for Modloader!
Why release this?
This in the end is pretty much a 'test' and experiment to see how much of a performance drop there is. If there isn't much of a drop, it will be good news for my other mod GTA SA Trilogy....
UZI-I - Binary IPL Manager
_DK - binthesky
fastman92 - Fastman92 IMG Console
Methical - ENB Settings in some of the screens
-BLITZ- - Using SRT in some (i think all?) of the screens above
You may modify, re-release, pretty much do whatever you want with this mod without my permission. All I ask is for you to mention me in your credits. If not, oh well not a big deal