What is this?
SA LODless is a modification that removes all of the LODs from SA and also increase draw distances for all of the HQ models in game. This is achieved by transferring HQ models from Binary IPLs for every sector of the map and transfer the IPL lines to its IPL counterpart and then deleting the LOD lines. Binary IPLs used by main.scm & interiors are left intact. This modification is compatible with the default main.scm, SAMP and numerous different cleo scripts, map mods etc. I cannot promise that every mod will be compatible, as long as the mod does not use LODs for any reason, then it should be compatible with SA LODless.
What is the difference between this & .LOD Mod by -BLITZ-?
.LOD Mod replaces the Lods with its HQ counterparts while LODless simply just deletes them from the IPLs.
Do I need any additional plugins to make this work?
- You will need Fastman92 Limit Adjuster & SALodLights.asi from Project2DFX
- Open fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini and SALodLights.ini and make the following amendments:
[DYNAMIC LIMITS] ; rwObjectInstances (1000) rwObjectInstances = 2000 ; Matrices (900) Matrices = 1800 ; PtrNode Singles (70000) PtrNode Singles = 140000 ; PtrNode Doubles (3200) PtrNode Doubles = 6400 [IPL] ; IPL : inst section, buildings (13000) Buildings = 26000 ; IPL: inst section, dummies (2500) Dummies = 5000 [MAP LIMITS] ; World sector size (50) World sector size = 3000 [STREAMING] ; Memory available, in MB unit (megabytes), default value 50 Memory available = 1000 [RENDERER LIMITS] ; Invisible entity pointers (150) Invisible entity pointers = 300 ; Visible entity pointers (1000) Visible entity pointers = 2000
[IDETweaker] TimedObjectsDrawDistance = 1500.0 // All values below 10.0 will be used as a multiplier, otherwise as a draw distance. NeonsDrawDistance = 2000.0 LODObjectsDrawDistance = 2000.0 GenericObjectsDrawDistance = 800.0 AllNormalObjectsDrawDistance = 1500.0 VegetationDrawDistance = 800.0 LoadAllBinaryIPLs = 1 PreloadLODs = 0
Are there any bugs?
- While loading the game, when the loading bar reaches the end there will be a few seconds of waiting before entering in game. This will take longer if you have texture mods installed.
- When entering a interior and the game plays the animation of entering through the door, you won't see any buildings as LODs are by default loaded. Hopefully sorting this problem will be as simple as _DK's binthesky.cs script along with the problem above.
What's fixed since last version?
- Fixed missing texture in countryW.ide
- Fixed slow loading of models
How do I install this?
- Extract the files in put_to_root_of_gta_sa to your game directory
- Double click on SA_LODless.bat and let it do its job! It will only transfer LODS to SAMPCOL.img for compatibility with SAMP if the SAMP folder exists
- NOTE: You need to install this on a clean copy of GTA SA!
Can I install this using Modloader?
- Create a folder in Modloader and copy gta3.img from your models folder to the newly created folder for this mod
- Follow the steps above
LODless 1.1.6 + SRT 1.7
Why release this?
With IDE_tweaker you can theoretically 'hide' lods from view, which makes them useless and taking up unnecessary IDs and space in gta3.img.
Is this version as buggy as the last one? Why has it taken so long for new version?
Majority of freezing/crashing has been fixed as well as the slow loading of models. It's taken this long because.... I've been busy with life and had no time for this
UZI-I - Binary IPL Manager
ThirteenAG & Link2012 - Project2DFX
_DK - binthesky
fastman92 - fastman92 IMG Console & fastman92 Limit Adjuster
Igor Pavlov - 7zip
You may modify, re-release, pretty much do whatever you want with this mod without my permission. All I ask is for you to mention me in your credits. If not, oh well not a big deal