Photo

NEW (2nd) "Flight School" Event Playlist Live

49 replies to this topic
Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 02 September 2014 - 05:09 PM.

More fun than the first one IMO. And double RP for these jobs;

• Acquire Targets III
  • Air Race "In The Loop" (use Lazer)
  • AF Zero III
  • GTA: Wingmen
  • Parachuting "Under the Bridge"
  • Air Race "Branching Out" (helicopters - use Swift)

Also apparently 2 new Contact Missions (Martin & Trevor) and a bunch of VS missions.

• Chop Chop
  • Effin' Lazers (yay, a Lazers mission!)

New Mission Descriptions:

zsnPhYh.jpg

XyR0LQj.jpg

Playlist Descriptions:

Spoiler

Edits: 

Apparently this DOES unlock the High Flyer parachute bag, if you missed it first time round [Cheers BreakingBad]

R* Announcement: (thx hercules1975)
Spoiler

• StormerBoy likes this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

Is there any prize for completing this event?

DoingTheImpossible
  • DoingTheImpossible

Waiting for GTA V on Xbox One.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

Any prize? (Like the high flyer parachute)

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

Played it this morning, got the High Flyer Parachute or whatever it is. Jobs are alright, but Air Force Zero is still ridiculous lol. It's way too easy for the Attacking Side (which I was on)

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Played it this morning, got the High Flyer Parachute or whatever it is. Jobs are alright, but Air Force Zero is still ridiculous lol. It's way too easy for the Attacking Side (which I was on)

Already had that bag so cheers for confirming it unlocks it (again), right?

I started AF0 by going really high, but the first checkpoint is at ground level and I died shortly after :/

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Already had that bag so cheers for confirming it unlocks it (again), right?

I started AF0 by going really high, but the first checkpoint is at ground level and I died shortly after :/

Yeah, It said I got it after I went back to Freemode.  :^:

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 02 September 2014 - 03:06 PM.

One of the Contact Missions, Chop Chop

zsnPhYh.jpg

• AlabamaFatts likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 02 September 2014 - 03:06 PM.

Definitely uninterested in this flight simulation crap.  Seriously, I didn't buy this game to fly the f*ck around buttf*ck nowhere.  

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

Definitely uninterested in this flight simulation crap.  Seriously, I didn't buy this game to fly the f*ck around buttf*ck nowhere.  

Oh man this guy's mad because 1 update was about planes.
  • SkylineGTRFreak, Shaundi., March 10th and 12 others like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

XyR0LQj.jpg

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

i dont understand this type of thinking....You may night like to fly but the fact there growing this game is actually pretty impressive...People complain all the time, but if you step back and look at it from a bigger picture, you realize the fact there TRYING imo is all that matters...Some companies, EA for example care about 1 thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

CyborgZombieJesus
  • CyborgZombieJesus

Red Baron of GTA:O

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Man your obsession with that actress is kind of unsettling.

• RafaeShe, FilthyEsquire and NubcakeVII like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Like hell they're trying, I was mislead about GTA V.  From the past, their games were about CRIME.  Now it's about bullsh*t, there is literally NOTHING to f*cking do it's so goddamn boring I can't stand it.  Even killing in this game isn't even fun, while I can spend hours upon hours of killing in TLoU's multiplayer.  

I'd be fine if the shooting mechanics were legit and there was real stealth in this game but there isn't.  It's a piece of sh*t video game, and the people in charge at cockstar should be fired and should never be able to work in this town again.

Bigg Bad
  • Bigg Bad

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Denmark

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by Bigg Bad, 02 September 2014 - 03:53 PM.

i dont understand this type of thinking....You may night like to fly but the fact there growing this game is actually pretty impressive...People complain all the time, but if you step back and look at it from a bigger picture, you realize the fact there TRYING imo is all that matters...Some companies, EA for example care about 1 thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

Agreed it's more free stuff and doing something a little different just makes the game more expansive.
I agree it wasn't the best update, eventhough I love to fly, but it's free so I definitely not complaining.

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

The new missions sound fun. I wonder if this was planned all along, or a last minute update to make up for the lukewarm reception of the flight school update.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

That one dude should take his own advice and be quiet so he can hear more... or something.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

If I wanted flight school in my games I would've bought STARFOX.

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

The good news is that you can ignore it, and it won't bother you. I don't understand the mentality that you don't want something to exist, even if it's completely optional, just because it doesn't appeal to you. How selfish can you be?
  • TreFacTor, Magick, Shaundi. and 5 others like this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

I beat /won air force zero as the actual runner plane by doing constant loops the entire trip to the objective lol.
  • LuCkySabeR likes this

LuCkySabeR
  • LuCkySabeR

Mr. Steal Yo Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

Like hell they're trying, I was mislead about GTA V.  From the past, their games were about CRIME.  Now it's about bullsh*t, there is literally NOTHING to f*cking do it's so goddamn boring I can't stand it.  Even killing in this game isn't even fun, while I can spend hours upon hours of killing in TLoU's multiplayer.  

I'd be fine if the shooting mechanics were legit and there was real stealth in this game but there isn't.  It's a piece of sh*t video game, and the people in charge at cockstar should be fired and should never be able to work in this town again.

ಠ_ಠ

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

I guess if you like "flying" in a linear path? But the voice acting in the original Star Fox is amazing! And the game isn't much longer than doing two survivals... If you hate flying so much you could always hang around Zancundo with a tank and prevent them. You seem like the type that would love doing that. LOL!

• LuCkySabeR likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

PS4 Semi-Pro

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

How much $ does the new mission get you?

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Get out of my face, you miserable, dung-sniffing dirt-scratcher

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

New contact missions!? About f*cking time we have a mission involving a fighter jet!

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

How much $ does the new mission get you?

Depends how long it takes but they both pay OK, I've had 13-18K from them. Chop Chop pays better because it has to take longer, but Lazers is fun and you could make it last.

• Laker23 likes this

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

New GTA Online Flight School Jobs Now Available to Play + Earn Double RP in the New Playlist

Posted 1 hour, 34 minutes ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games

As of today, we've added 16 additional new jobs to GTA Online. These include new scenarios for all three of the new VS Mission modes (Acquire Targets, Air Force Zero & G-Rating) that recently debuted as part of the San Andreas Flight School Update, plus a pair of new Contact Missions and a selection of new Air Races, Parachute Jumps and more.

Along with these new Jobs, we've also created the New Flight School Jobs Playlist that features a varied assortment of the new Jobs from today's update. This special Playlist will award you Double RP all week long - and for those who may have been unable to unlock the exclusive 'High Flyer' Parachute Pack as part of our recent Event Weekend, we're making that available to all who play through this new Playlist to completion. Read on below for descriptions of these new Jobs and remember boys, no points for second place.

NEW CONTACT MISSIONS

As part of today's update, two new Contact Missions are available to play (once you meet the rank requirement you'll receive a phone call from the associated Contact):

Chop Chop (Contact: Trevor, Rank 43, 2-4 Players)

"Our friend Ronald is getting increasingly agitated about Merryweather Security’s presence in the state, and a nervous Ron gets on my t***. Why don't you go to Sandy Shores Airfield, hack into the Merryweather Network, find their outposts and then take their choppers and blow 'em all to hell. Okay? Great!"

Effin' Lazers (Contact: Martin, Rank 44, 2 Players)

"The market’s about to be flooded with inferior product. I... WE... have too much invested in it to let that happen. I need you to get in some Lazer fighter jets and take out the planes holding product before they land. It sounds extreme, but these are desperate times."

NEW RACES

Branching Out (Rank 20, 1-8 Players)

From the sea side to mountain peaks, from hikers to technophobic, cannibalistic cultists, from state parks to secret weed farms, the San Andreas wilderness has it all. Drink it in with this Lap Race for choppers by Mount Chilliad and Raton Canyon.

Flying Colors (Rank 12, 1-8 Players)

Regulation Air Force exercises happen at high altitude over the ocean, but where’s the fun when you can’t get a feel for how fast you’re flying. Lap Race for planes low over rural Eastern Blaine County. How close to the dirt can you go without taking the head off a fruit picker?

High Dive (Rank 1, 1-8 Players)

Dive bomb Downtown in this point to point for jets. You start in the Tongva Hills, climb to high altitude, make a near vertical descent, and try to pull up at the last minute. It’s the highest climb and fall we’ve got on our books. You’ll make an impression or make an impression on the ground.

In The Loop (Rank 35, 1-8 Players)

Hold onto your lunch or you’ll need windshield wipers on the inside of your cockpit. Point to point for jets through the docks and Downtown. Obstacles to avoid and two loop the loops will keep you on your toes… or your head.

PARACHUTE JUMPS

Airstrip (Rank 11, 1-8 Players)

If a recruit shacks it on exercise, they don't need the added humiliation of hitching back to the landing strip. Practice landing where you took off with this flowing descent from 4,300 ft. to McKenzie Airfield. On the way down you can admire the view or ruminate on failure.

Under the Bridge (Rank 11, 1-8 Players)

Gravity does most of the hard work when you jump out a chopper from 4,000 ft. We’re going to make it a bit more interesting by staging the drop in the flight path, and making recruits go under a bridge. Best played at night, so you can see the warning lights on obstacles.

CAPTURE

GTA: Wingmen (Rank 1, 2-8 Players)

It’s a buyer’s market as rival groups attempt to deliver Buckingham military jets to LSIA. They’re vintage collectors’ items and they fly like it, so use Lazers for defense and attack. Each team will only have one Buckingham in play at any time. Start points are Fort Zancudo and the Sandy Shores Airfield.

*I edited the order of new races/etc. above

• LuCkySabeR likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

Ooh double RP, I thought I ranked up quickly today :)

• LuCkySabeR likes this

Tomkatnyc
  • Tomkatnyc

Gunslinger

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Can't wait to try the new contact missions tonight!

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Of course now I'm trying to start the playlist on my 2nd char to unlock the High Flyer bag, I get clouds for 2 minutes then "services unavailable" errors.

:r*:

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 02 September 2014 - 05:22 PM.

How to win the 1st event:

(wing optional)

RMwSJKS.jpg

• YoungMivy, Officer Cop, Relative007 and 2 others like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

As much of a scramble as I went to to ensure I got the "High Flyer" bag...

I had to replace my PS3 laser by hand with no knowledge of that rubbish before hand. Had I of known they were gunna do another one.... At this rate they might as well bring out the Roosevelt for five million.

I'd bite.

HARD.

• Gridl0k and LuCkySabeR like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users