Quantcast

» «
Photo

Zentorno or Turismo R for racing.

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is your favorite to race in? (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you typically go with?

1. Turismo R (35 votes [28.69%])

Percentage of vote: 28.69%

2. Zentorno (87 votes [71.31%])

Percentage of vote: 71.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just out of interest FilthyEsquire, Whats your best laptime on nurburgring in a Turismo R?

I've only done the race in the Turismo...

5:21:647

And I won a record for beasting ring of fire in a SENTINEL XS....

Grand Theft Amanda
  • Grand Theft Amanda

Slaying is an art

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

I'm not at all surprised the Zentorno is GTAF's pick.

I bet most of you use the mini gun huh? (JOKES!!!)

Duh. Ask people what they rather race in and they pick the faster car. What a surprise.

Exactly this.

If a car is worthless in a race, why pick it? Unless you know how to race.

I have won often with my Infernus but thats because I know how to race.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Get out of my face, you miserable, dung-sniffing dirt-scratcher

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 02 September 2014 - 05:48 PM.

If you goto a channel named Broughy1332 he has video's comparing all vehicle classes in handling, speed, traction etc..  and zentorno is the best btw.

Each person handles cars differently. Lol, I've beaten Turismos and Zentornos with my Entity on numerous occasions. It all comes down to who's behind the wheel. :p

But for a choice, Turismo! I like how easy it is for the car to lose traction, and its really quick acceleration.. It's the best drifting super car. :D

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

who the hell races in a turismo? if you cant even get up ramps or curbs also i dont race in any of these because adder is faster

Lol get rid of that lowered suspension bru youll be fine. I rock the steeet suspension mostly but even take that off before going racing.
  • FilthyEsquire likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Lol get rid of that lowered suspension bru youll be fine. I rock the steeet suspension mostly but even take that off before going racing.

I'm so fast in mine I keep it lowered. I don't care, they'll need every thing I give them, and things I don't to keep up. No turbo in mines either.

BewareoftheBears
  • BewareoftheBears

BruinsVindicated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

Zentorno.

bobo_lave
  • bobo_lave

pussymoneyweed

• Van Society
  • Croatia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

i had both and i pick zentorno just because turismo is too light and considering the number of douchebags in the races you can be easily pushed of the road

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'm so fast in mine I keep it lowered. I don't care, they'll need every thing I give them, and things I don't to keep up. No turbo in mines either.

I'm not sure if you're trolling?

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by elfoam, 03 September 2014 - 02:31 AM.

My lap times on cutting corners a couple months ago were

Turismo 55.7

Zentorno 55.8

Now I'm doing 

Turismo 54.4

Zentorno 54.4

I believe before next week I'll have achieved a 53 second lap with both cars.

Much in it? not really!. But it's important to note. Even though the best times are similar on known tracks. With unknown tracks, tracks with jumps / bumps etc you will always do better in the Zentorno. In fact if there's a lot of jumps you want to use the Entity (or Adder if it's just jumps and straight lines).

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

I'm not sure if you're trolling?

I'm not sh*tting you dude. It's lowered all the way, and no turbo, and I still win TOO many races passing cleanly and maintaining a good line.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Turismo R because I am a proud owner of a fully modded one.

And it scoops up cars with it's super low front-end. Great for countering stupid c*nts on Zentorno stopping in the middle of the road.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

This poll by the way didn't surprise me. I have both cars, and like both. But the Turismo gets more love from me. Raavi come lock this baby up. It's a wrap.

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

You are trolling.

And 5m21s is an awful time on Nurburgring.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

You are trolling.

And 5m21s is an awful time on Nurburgring.

Dude, I've only played like 31 days in the game, and haven't even done 300 races yet. I have only done the 'GRING twice.

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

31days and you've not even done 300 races yet? I thought it was 'your thing'

Put a turbo on the Turismo, you'll be quicker....'I put my dick on it'
  • hotrats773 likes this

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Well considering the Zentorno is statistically the faster car in the game around most tracks by a considerable amount anyone that was intelligent and did not wish to handicap themselves would use it.

I'm not sure why the OP is so proud of not using turbo and still winning, your just denying yourself an advantage.

• JimmyFantastic likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

31days and you've not even done 300 races yet? I thought it was 'your thing'

Put a turbo on the Turismo, you'll be quicker....'I put my dick on it'

^^LOL^^

So OP, hows that confirmation bias working out for you?

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Well considering the Zentorno is statistically the faster car in the game around most tracks by a considerable amount anyone that was intelligent and did not wish to handicap themselves would use it.

I'm not sure why the OP is so proud of not using turbo and still winning, your just denying yourself an advantage.

Unless he feels that putting turbo on some cars can actually be a disadvantage, as the sometimes overwhelming acceleration can lead to an increase in spin outs and a decrease in cornering speed. 

I'm not a racer, and can neither confirm nor deny that turbo is a poor choice for some cars, nor do I even have an opinion on the matter, but I have heard that hypothesis espoused before. I am assuming that this is what he was getting at. 

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

I'm not gunna drop a turbo in my Rarri. Even if it is just a game and will allow me to win 10% more of my races. My Zen however is COMPLETELY modded. And it rarely leaves Del Perro.

If you wanna put all the enhancing up grades to keep up with the "best" do it. I don't need to though. Racing is my thing. And how many days have you logged into online?

And believe me anytime I get invited to a clean race... I almost can't help but sh*t talk. I blow by my peers, and no they aren't people from my friends list. And ask Psycho gamer about me on the tennis court. I was just delving into tennis and made him uneasy. No this ain't a humble brag, it's an outright brag. I'm well rounded in this game. Deal.

JimmyFantastic
  • JimmyFantastic

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

lol

• J4ADM likes this

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

Rofl

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

Discuss these two cars all you like. You will still crash into everything. I've seen and played enough races to know the GTA Online community possesses very little racing skill.

If you can actually race though, some douchebag will just pit you and spin you out anyway. I've lost far too many times to catchup and dirty tactics. The choice of car in the Super category is not relevant because they are all similar in performance.

But because I will get flamed by angry turds, I will answer the OP.

Use the Turismo because it has much greater traction and that will help prevent losing grip on the corners.
The two cars are very similar in speed, and you won't see this come through unless you play the noob favourites of straight road races.
The Turismo is easy to recover from high speed handbrake turns.
  • rapidwiz likes this

rapidwiz
  • rapidwiz

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

I used to race a lot but have grown to hate it as most racers including my own kid only win by bumping you off the track. The only time I Iike racing and what I consider a fair race is a non-contact race. I was racing this group and of course lost due to the cheating/bumping. So they wanted to go again, so i changed it to non contact, the person didn't notice and of course as soon as I hit the corner tried to ram me :) except went flying thru me to his surprise straight into the wall, he exited soon after realizing he had no chance of winning, go figure. Race fairly or don't race at all. My 2c
  • V HoneyBadger V likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users