Stop hating the damn Minigun!

233 replies to this topic
Romanotype
  • Romanotype

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

Minigun users aren't bad players. The minigun is a trade off. Amazing accuracy, range, and damage, but no auto aim and will be bad for close range since the other person will auto you. (unless you're in free aim, but who the hell can find a free aim lobby with more than 5 people in it?).

All the time.

• The Amazing Warrener likes this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by cjdavies, 02 September 2014 - 06:37 PM.

Riding my motorbike just now, another player starts to follow, I get off and see what they do, they try to run me down, ok fine, out comes mini-gun ready as a warning, another player comes along, the one who tried to run me over drives off, I tell the other player I ain't shooting them by putting the mini-gun away.

I run towards me bike, ablip comes towards me, yes it's the player who tried to run me over, again out comes the mini-gun as a warning, they start to shoot, ok I will fire away and waste them.

I had the mini-gun from Survival.

DemonicMoustache
  • DemonicMoustache

Driver and Jacket

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by DemonicMoustache, 02 September 2014 - 07:01 PM.

To me the minigun is ell balanced because you cant use the cover system or roll and you can't even run making you a free target and it's the last unlock so it's perfect. The assault shotgun on the other hand is a weapon that I hate and is too OP

TheKingChivas
  • TheKingChivas

The King of Swing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

I've seen this type of argument in many places and over many different things, from tanks to jets, auto shotgun to sticky bombs, even blind eye to off the radar, and none of it has ever made any sense to me.

I look at it like this: you take the time to achieve higher ranks in order to unlock more tools of the game.  Why should it be an issue when you choose to use the tools you're availed?

Personally, I tend to only use my minigun when taking on tanks and aircraft...otherwise, I'm not really a fan of the gun.  That said, I have no problem if a player wants to use nothing but the minigun...if that's what the player finds fun, so be it...they're not breaking any rules, so there's nothing to have an issue about.

People definitely need to stop complaining about items being "overpowered" as well.  A skilled jet pilot should be able to wipe the floor with someone on foot.  Tanks should never have been adjusted (I miss the old "Oh sh*t!" factor when a tank would roll in and you're on foot...now, I find I end up running TOWARDS tanks because it doesn't take much to stop one anymore).  The auto shotty should put someone down in a blink.  And the minigun should rip you in half. 

Remember, you always have to option to remove yourself from a session if it bothers you so much that someone is using a tool you don't like.

• lazyassedlover and Romanotype like this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by lazyassedlover, 02 September 2014 - 11:23 PM.

I've seen this type of argument in many places and over many different things, from tanks to jets, auto shotgun to sticky bombs, even blind eye to off the radar, and none of it has ever made any sense to me.

I look at it like this: you take the time to achieve higher ranks in order to unlock more tools of the game.  Why should it be an issue when you choose to use the tools you're availed?

Personally, I tend to only use my minigun when taking on tanks and aircraft...otherwise, I'm not really a fan of the gun.  That said, I have no problem if a player wants to use nothing but the minigun...if that's what the player finds fun, so be it...they're not breaking any rules, so there's nothing to have an issue about.

People definitely need to stop complaining about items being "overpowered" as well.  A skilled jet pilot should be able to wipe the floor with someone on foot.  Tanks should never have been adjusted (I miss the old "Oh sh*t!" factor when a tank would roll in and you're on foot...now, I find I end up running TOWARDS tanks because it doesn't take much to stop one anymore).  The auto shotty should put someone down in a blink.  And the minigun should rip you in half. 

Remember, you always have to option to remove yourself from a session if it bothers you so much that someone is using a tool you don't like.

this exactly

i will copy and paste this comment on every thread where there are arguments over the use of in game features...

• TheKingChivas likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

this exactly

i will copy and paste this comment on every thread where there are arguments over the use of in game features...

thats all good and well, but in a game thats so broken with nonexistent matchmaking where you get level 500's and level 4's its pretty lame to say the least.

Otsd4rv4
  • Otsd4rv4

Yggdrasil

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

You're using different sh*t and play styles than me. Therefore you're a terrible player and person.
  • lazyassedlover likes this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

this exactly

thats all good and well, but in a game thats so broken with nonexistent matchmaking where you get level 500's and level 4's its pretty lame to say the least.

thats the point, you earned it, played more, worked harder whatever you should use your rewards anyway you please...

sort of like people who work hard to become rich and get hate when they flaunt it

the fact is, no1 is cheating, every1 starts out level 0, feel me

RSRocks
  • RSRocks

Hobby-Musician

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

I do not hate the mini gun, but it's not easy to fight against one. I was hosting an FIB Office-Death-Match today and there was this guy killing one after another with his mini gun. It was hard, had to swear^^

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by CatchMeTrolling, 03 September 2014 - 04:56 PM.

Nah you suck if you use it, its a noob weapon. 

Edit: And if justify using it you obviously suck, the only time it really should be used is against vehicles. But its ok I have an RPG if you want to be a noob.

• The Amazing Warrener likes this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

Edit: And if justify using it you obviously suck, the only time it really should be used is against vehicles. But its ok I have an RPG if you want to be a noob.

sorry but....

its ok to not like it

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

sorry but....

its ok to not like it

You suck still...sorry

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

i only use the mini gun against the choppers in survival mode. 

i wont use it in freeroam unless were able to mount it to vehicles

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by lazyassedlover, 03 September 2014 - 05:05 PM.

well that was uncalled for...  :blink: 

sorry but....

its ok to not like it

You suck still...sorry

but if i kill you with the mini gun, does that make me suck??

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

You guys sound like those guys who try to justify pulling out an RPG in close quarters in FPS just because they suck at aiming 

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by lazyassedlover, 03 September 2014 - 05:15 PM.

You guys sound like those guys who try to justify pulling out an RPG in close quarters in FPS just because they suck at aiming 

but if the objective is to kill your opponent, how can you be mad at their approach

just sounds like you mad cos you got killed really 

when i was a low level i didnt complain about getting sticky bombed, rpg'ed, sniper killed, mini gunned or stabbed

unless prior to the fight you said only so and so weapons, you can't really bitch about it...no offence lol

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

but if the objective is to kill your opponent, how can you be mad at their approach

Or just stating the fact that you're a noob, so everything you say is irrelevant. But if someone decides to play like a noob so will I...

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Or just stating the fact that you're a noob, so everything you say is irrelevant. But if someone decides to play like a noob so will I...

is that your only response? that im a noob?

cos im using level locked guns to kill you more than me....do you see any logic in what you are saying?

im not going to even argue lol, its not worth it, I can see your stubbornness already

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

is that your only response? that im a noob?

cos im using level locked guns to kill you more than me....do you see any logic in what you are saying?

im not going to even argue lol, its not worth it, I can see your stubbornness already

Unless you're going to somehow prove you're better than me yes, you're a noob. Put up or shut up.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Unless you're going to somehow prove you're better than me yes, you're a noob. Put up or shut up.

ooo a challenge, ill beat you in every mode PSN: LazyAssedLover

let me know its you if you add me cos I don't kill friends...

The Amazing Warrener
  • The Amazing Warrener

Noli timere messorem

• Members
  • Georgia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Honestly, go against someone who knows what they're doing with a minigun in freeaim at rifle range and come back to this thread. Even blidfiring will get you killed because of the stupid DPS.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm on xbox, can't you tell by my superior complex. But you don't stand a chance I take on full lobby's & crews

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by lazyassedlover, 03 September 2014 - 05:40 PM.

I'm on xbox, can't you tell by my superior complex. But you don't stand a chance I take on full lobby's & crews

not a problem i knew you try to run out. My little brother has xbox and an online character...whats your gamertag?

believe me you don't wanna go up against me

ill even wear your mask while i do it

edit*

come on be quick I need to leave this computer and do other things, don't wanna come back in a few hours and have to search through 50 notifications 

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

not a problem i knew you try to run out. My little brother has xbox and an online character...whats your gamertag?

Run? lol Yeah sure & its obvious what my gamertag is, the only thing you'll be wearing is passive mode.

TheKingChivas
  • TheKingChivas

The King of Swing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by TheKingChivas, 03 September 2014 - 05:42 PM.

It doesn't matter what weapon one uses...if I kill you, I win.  If you kill me, you win.  That's all there is to it.  Calling anything in this game for "noobs" is ridiculous.  If you don't want to use it, don't cry about being killed by it.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Run? lol Yeah sure & its obvious what my gamertag is, the only thing you'll be wearing is passive mode.

so thats "CatchMeTrolling" yh? case sensitive? ill be back on later if its not a legit GT

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

This and that skill thread, are just people fighting about how they're better at the game.

• ten-a-penny likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

It doesn't matter what weapon one uses...if I kill you, I win.  If you kill me, you win.  That's all there is to it.  Calling anything in this game for "noobs" is ridiculous.  If you don't want to use it, don't cry about being killed by it.

You suck too, obviously.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:59 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 04 September 2014 - 11:59 AM.

Spoiler

thats the point, you earned it, played more, worked harder whatever you should use your rewards anyway you please...

sort of like people who work hard to become rich and get hate when they flaunt it

the fact is, no1 is cheating, every1 starts out level 0, feel me

No, you don't. There's no 'level 0'. There's Level 1, and that only if you skipped through the tut.

TheKingChivas
  • TheKingChivas

The King of Swing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

You suck too, obviously.

Yeah, except I don't use the weapon you decided makes you suck...it's even stated in this thread.  Nice try, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users