Is GTA IV multiplayer dead now?

59 replies to this topic
FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

not if they have built teleports and ramps which is pretty cool and enhances the experience greatly :cool:

• eCola likes this

CTW
  • CTW

CTW = Most underrated GTA.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:39 AM

GTA 4 going back compat on Xbox One would revive the MP for at least Xbox, can't wait for that.

Not_So_Social
  • Not_So_Social

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Its far from dead in the roleplay community.

http://wesgta.enjin.com

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

but now you're buried rest nigga cuz i ain't worried

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

Cockstar as always f*cking everything up.

They keep bitting that sh*tty V Online which is basically trash.

IV multiplayer used to be funny as hell, I remember when I used to play it over my PS3, ah, good times.

• eCola and Precursors Fun World like this

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

Damn dude.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

GTA 4 going back compat on Xbox One would revive the MP for at least Xbox, can't wait for that.

Me too, especially alongside the EFLC. I miss playing TLAD, the multiplayer modes that came with it were tons of fun.

Jachna
  • Jachna

Being called a whale isn't offensive

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

I played it alot before I got V, mostly free roam on airport bc it's fun

Some modder made me the highest level the 2nd time I played, so I've never had to rank up lol

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

GTA IV Multiplayer has been dead since 2015, only a few players here and there.

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

GTA IV Multiplayer has been dead since 2015, only a few players here and there.

You can find a good amount of players in ranked races, but some people can get impatient when you get in first place.

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hello, not dead, come play. I'm looking for serious coopérative players, I hate cheaters hackers etc... so be carefull if you wanna be my friend ! :)

MakeAmericaGreatAgain
  • MakeAmericaGreatAgain

British and Proud

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Well, it's dead, but most free mode lobbies have a good deal of players at the airport with ramps and other fun things lol

WarZoneTheDriver
  • WarZoneTheDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

Hello, not dead, come play. I'm looking for serious coopérative players, I hate cheaters hackers etc... so be carefull if you wanna be my friend ! :)

What platform?
  • Christopher974 likes this

BertJE1400
  • BertJE1400

Argonath RPG

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Argonath's IV:MP Roleplay server is still active and running,Since our last update we have a huge player base. Come check it out ;) 46.105.234.126:9999 

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

GTAIV is not dead, I survive, I play no mods, no hacks, I learn a lot.
I'm on Steam PC version. Gamertag : Christopher974

I advise you, I play only Original GTAIV, no hackers no modders or training cheat with me. See you ingame. I use to play at least all day when my wife is ok.

What platform?

Sorry I had not clue you answer me. I play on Steam PC version. ORIGINAL version with Episodes From Liberty City DLC.
I play more GTA IV cause I try to learn everything on it by myself, solo and multiplayer ( I'm an old XBOX360 player )

Paddycthemc
  • Paddycthemc

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

It's still active. If you're unlucky, you might find yourself in a lobby that contain modders who'll try to lag your console or kill you in several ways.

You could be unlucky in races, too. There are lots of impatient players who quit the game when they're not in first place.

You forgot to put the part in about modding them in. 

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

Hello, I try it on console, but the fact that you can't host and kick and neither choose your matchs mean you have to fight all the hackers who ruins the game.
To be ok... do private server but you need friends...

On PC the game have hackers too, but you can do public session and some hackers don't have the anti-kick so you can kick them out if you are the host.
And on pc, you can reccord clips... good things... but on PC they all use MOUSE and disallow auto-aim while they have a better aiming, and NO recoil, so they only put the crosshair on you and kill you easy... specially when they use car... they take bullet proof rear car's and they keep their finger on the shoot withour recoil and they win... to counter this... you just need to be more smart, and run away, on KEYBOARD and MOUSE they are allways runing, so if you are good with analog go somewhere they can't easy acces, on top of buidings stairs etc... and use cover, and blind firing. Defensive is better with a controller until you get the perfect gosht memory of where they gonna be and prepare the deadly shooting with your brain, and put it on you fingers on the PAD. :)

See you ALIVE in the GTAIV PC version Multiplayer.
I use original game, I hate alterations, so no mods, no sh*t enb or else, only purist clean game for me !

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

Not dead, here some direct reccord via FRAPS of our last endweek play, we meet new players each day !

Ranna
  • Ranna

Strawberry Popsicle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

Well, it's dead, but most free mode lobbies have a good deal of players at the airport with ramps and other fun things lol

I love your signature man!

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

Not dead, some real player still alive, we play for our in differents game mode, the Original GTAIV Multiplayer.

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

Youpidou !
Here again, to show you that we even do some edit of our GTAIV Multiplayer via the R*SocialClub Editor.

A lot of players enconters fakes players using hack&mods playing on fake servers, but... the real GTAIV Multiplayer still remain and this is one of their video in Freemode.

See you ingame.

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:18 AM Edited by Christopher974, 20 October 2016 - 09:20 AM.

Not dead, we are active.

and if someone kick you from they session it's because of the hack/mod/user who affraid people, just send a message to said you don't use hack/mods/cheats to the community.

Players send me back a Friend request.

The hack/mod/user really destroy the REAL multiplayer, but the REAL players is still active :)

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:55 PM Edited by update_lsc, 22 October 2016 - 02:32 PM.

How the hell do you get online? Everytime i try to login at the social club launcher, it's telling me that it was unable to login. Tried several "fixes" already too.

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:56 AM Edited by Christopher974, 23 October 2016 - 05:59 AM.

How the hell do you get online? Everytime i try to login at the social club launcher, it's telling me that it was unable to login. Tried several "fixes" already too.

To connect you need patience, and before this, you need to be sure that you operating system are updated, and you need a working RockstarGameSocialClul account, and Xbox LIVE account ( GameForWindowsLIVE ) account.
Your game must be upt to date too, if you use steam it's update to the latest version by default.
And another note, I wish you havent play in your background runing programs ( msconfig ) or files registry ( regedit ), preferable to use the default legit one if you have no good knowledge of it.

Then you must just launche the game, a R*SocialClub login prompt, just enter your working account ( email & pass**** )
And click play... ( If you are LUCKY, the game start instantly but... because of hackers and no more update security, the link to the servers show errors ... )
All you have to do is to, click play again and again ... it's random... if it works the window disapear and a minute after the game start.
That's really means you got connected LEGIT to the RockstarGameSocialClub account, and that a file have been send back to your computer from the R*SC servers.
YOU MUST DO IT one time at least on each computer you want to play GTAIV on.

Connect to your XBOX LIVE account, and start a game, save it, go to multiplayer ( using up phone ) start a LIVE freemode to test everything is ok. Then quit the game, start it again, the R*SocialClub launcher apears again... check if your email&pass*** is saved on the textboxes, if yes it means you are OK, close the windows.

Go to your game folder and rename Paul.dll to Paul.dll-disable
You can now play the game without the launchers errors.

If by choice you want to recover your game file cache via steam, you will have a new Paul.dll file in your GTAIV folder, and when you start the game you will have the R*SocialClub launcher again, with your email&pass**** on the check box, click play if you want to test your luck... but to avoid this just delete or put away the new Paul.dll file from the game folder.
Your old Paul.dll-disable file is still be there, keep it here.

I wish to can connect now.
By the way I understand that you are attract to use mods or whatever modifications of your gameplay, but understand and respect that I don't, and I want the true original gameplay without cheat, yes, for me mod in multiplayer when another one don't is like cheating. So to be good friends don't mod( hack ) your game if you want play with me.

I'm french, so I when I meet a french guy I'm happy, but if I see him use mod/hack/cheat, I'm not add him as Friend, actually I avoid him,

and prefer learn Russian to meet FAIR & LEGIT GTAIV players.

This is one of the other post I write about how to LEGIT connect to the game, and then rename Paul.dll to avoid the errors :
http://gtaforums.com...entry1069120842

See you ingame, the original GTAIV Multiplayer are not dead even if hackers want it.

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

To connect you need patience, and before this, you need to be sure that you operating system are updated, and you need a working RockstarGameSocialClul account, and Xbox LIVE account ( GameForWindowsLIVE ) account.
Your game must be upt to date too, if you use steam it's update to the latest version by default.
And another note, I wish you havent play in your background runing programs ( msconfig ) or files registry ( regedit ), preferable to use the default legit one if you have no good knowledge of it.

Then you must just launche the game, a R*SocialClub login prompt, just enter your working account ( email & pass**** )
And click play... ( If you are LUCKY, the game start instantly but... because of hackers and no more update security, the link to the servers show errors ... )
All you have to do is to, click play again and again ... it's random... if it works the window disapear and a minute after the game start.
That's really means you got connected LEGIT to the RockstarGameSocialClub account, and that a file have been send back to your computer from the R*SC servers.
YOU MUST DO IT one time at least on each computer you want to play GTAIV on.

Connect to your XBOX LIVE account, and start a game, save it, go to multiplayer ( using up phone ) start a LIVE freemode to test everything is ok. Then quit the game, start it again, the R*SocialClub launcher apears again... check if your email&pass*** is saved on the textboxes, if yes it means you are OK, close the windows.

Go to your game folder and rename Paul.dll to Paul.dll-disable
You can now play the game without the launchers errors.

If by choice you want to recover your game file cache via steam, you will have a new Paul.dll file in your GTAIV folder, and when you start the game you will have the R*SocialClub launcher again, with your email&pass**** on the check box, click play if you want to test your luck... but to avoid this just delete or put away the new Paul.dll file from the game folder.
Your old Paul.dll-disable file is still be there, keep it here.

I wish to can connect now.
By the way I understand that you are attract to use mods or whatever modifications of your gameplay, but understand and respect that I don't, and I want the true original gameplay without cheat, yes, for me mod in multiplayer when another one don't is like cheating. So to be good friends don't mod( hack ) your game if you want play with me.

I'm french, so I when I meet a french guy I'm happy, but if I see him use mod/hack/cheat, I'm not add him as Friend, actually I avoid him,

and prefer learn Russian to meet FAIR & LEGIT GTAIV players.

This is one of the other post I write about how to LEGIT connect to the game, and then rename Paul.dll to avoid the errors :
http://gtaforums.com...entry1069120842

See you ingame, the original GTAIV Multiplayer are not dead even if hackers want it.

Well, yeah those things i read online already. I've tried logging in for at least 30 mins yesterday, either gave me wrong password or unable to login erros. Ffs, how does r* break such things even.

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Well, yeah those things i read online already. I've tried logging in for at least 30 mins yesterday, either gave me wrong password or unable to login erros. Ffs, how does r* break such things even.

Rockstar's employee don't really care about the multiplayer errors, because they are not paid to work on it.
The errors come from piraty, you have just to be lucky to pass througt it, it take me 2h30min for my office computer, all I did was to work, and all time click play... 
I was playing like this all time, and when cheaters enter my happy original game freemode and make thing appear from no where, control my character, and destroyed the all game with apocalyptic explosion and color change the graphic ingame who could give me epylectic crisis, and most of all make my game crash to windows and have to reclick the play buton again, my anger about mods/hackers become more important...

BUT thanks we found on the forums a way to pass the error by renaming the Paul.dll file

But it need to have a CLEAN first connection to the RockstarGameSocialClub servers via the launcher a first time for each machine ans each GTAIV game and GTAIV EFLC game.

:) have luck and join the anti-hacker club ! :)

Christopher974
  • Christopher974

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Sorry to bump this but does anyone on PC know if GTA 4 multiplayer is still good?  me and my friend were going to try it out, but if there's nobody there, then, well....

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:52 AM Edited by B Dawg, 09 June 2017 - 09:01 AM.

Sorry to bump this but does anyone on PC know if GTA 4 multiplayer is still good?  me and my friend were going to try it out, but if there's nobody there, then, well....

There are still players on IV. Mostly boring Free Modes and badly set up Deathmatches, but there's also Races, Cops N Crooks and Mafiya Work up every once in a while.

For TLAD on the other hand, no random players on, though I do have a steam group and a bunch of friends playing it, we try to setup games every now and then.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

There are still players on IV. Mostly boring Free Modes and badly set up Deathmatches, but there's also Races, Cops N Crooks and Mafiya Work up every once in a while.

For TLAD on the other hand, no random players on, though I do have a steam group and a bunch of friends playing it, we try to setup games every now and then.

Ah why not, I joined, it sounds like a lotta fun!  Just downloaded it tonight haha, I guess I'll be fiddling with good old windows live tomorrow when it's time to try it out :)

M0ZzZgG
  • M0ZzZgG

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Prince_Polaris, what is your nick in Games for Windows Live? I want to play GTA4

burncape
  • burncape

why

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

it's gone, it's dead

mafiya work is dead

if you try to play it in free mode then the following things should happen

you're alone

the other player leaves after a few minutes of playing

the host kicks you from the game