Take Two Could Be Acquired By Activision

184 replies to this topic
Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

Activision is a terrible company but they aren't as bad as EA at least so that's something,also they have shown that they could let developers be free and do their own thing,example being Blizzard which they aren't any different than how they were before,anyway this is useless to talk about since it's not going to happen anyway just a bunch of small talk from an industry "analyst" which we know how reliable they are especially concerning GTA V's release .

Blizzard is no different? Lol

Microtransactions in WoW, catering more and more to casual players,with way to many expansions

Made a freemium card game.
Always online diablo 3 with auction house. Etc

Which besides the 90 boost, are just cosmetic items

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by hornedturtle, 07 September 2014 - 11:30 PM.

Activision is a terrible company but they aren't as bad as EA at least so that's something,also they have shown that they could let developers be free and do their own thing,example being Blizzard which they aren't any different than how they were before,anyway this is useless to talk about since it's not going to happen anyway just a bunch of small talk from an industry "analyst" which we know how reliable they are especially concerning GTA V's release .

Blizzard is no different? Lol

Microtransactions in WoW, catering more and more to casual players,with way to many expansions

Made a freemium card game.
Always online diablo 3 with auction house. Etc

Which besides the 90 boost, are just cosmetic items
when you pay $15 a month to play it's still bulsh*t even if it is cosmetic

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

IT A HOAX...YEAH :p

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

I mean, considering the big bucks Rockstar managed to reel in with GTA V and how giving all that to activision (The same people who annualized CoD or as I like to all it: "Children's Online Daycare") would be the stupidest Idea since letting LJN make all the movie tie in games in the 80's.

LJN, or as The Angry Video Game Nerd called them, "Laughing Joking Numbnuts". :lol:

Spoiler

Cheers.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

Why exactly are so many people worrying? Activision are not going to develop the games even if they do end up buying T-2. They'll only control the financial segment. Rockstar will still be making the games. The only possible difference could be that the games would be released at a faster rate.

Controlling financial segment means Activision might say: "according to sales, kids like dubstep, bright colours and lazers. Yes, you might end up copying Saints Row, your own clone. No, we don't give a f*ck about traditions. Do it right now."

Pretty much as when Brian Fargo sold Fallout franchise to Bethesda, back then we thought it was a good thing. Then Fallout 3 came out.

FALLOUT 3 is brilliant you STUPID... GUY!!!

I'm the biggest fallout fan on this website (well, I hope I am atleast :)), I still play fallout 1 every 3 or 4 days and I enjoy fallout 3 just as much. Sure it's different in atmosphere, but it's on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY from the rest of the series. So the ability to see how people are surviving outside of California and Nevada (and Arizona) is fine by me.

But I'll admit that Mothership Zeta (and fallout tactics, but that was just a bad dream my mind keeps telling me, so hopefully it never happened) is bullish!t and shouldn't be included in the canon/lore of fallout. It was good for a few laughs but is just stupid :(

Anyway on topic (don't see a problem that it's a month old thread, the rumors still around) you all need to stop worrying so much. Sure boarderlands and ( GOD FORBID) bioshock will become micro transaction plagued annual f*ck ups. But R* is more than capable of succeeding from take two if it's in their interests. They have red dead, bully, LA Noire (I think?), midnight club and GTA to keep them in better financial security than all of EA's developer companies put together.
  • Pastry likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users