What will Online Heists offer?

72 replies to this topic
Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I honestly have no idea what they could possibly be adding that takes a year to develop. I think when they drop, we're all gonna be thinking "they took a year for THIS?"

I dig what you are saying but most of us have no idea what time is needed to create all new content for a game that was originally made more than 3 years ago. A lot of people on here don't seem to realise ALL the DLC would've been made during original development of the game then they decided what stuff would be DLC. I am hoping they are making heists from the ground up, probably would of needed to bring developers/coders back onto the GTAV project that have moved onto other projects and what not. Total speculation of course.

Modojo
  • Modojo

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Rockstar is probably trying to be on par with the heists in GTAV and actually incorporate a story rather than treating like any other job.

I believe that the heists will start off small and gradually get bigger throughout the process. Ex: Start off small with a Fleeca bank robbing spree and progress into bigger heists such as Maze Bank, Lom Bank, etc.

• GTA4131 likes this

GTA4131
  • GTA4131

DLC FTW

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by GTA4131, 29 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

R* have had a year. They will be good. Maybe not live up to the hype so much but maybe some of you should die your expectations down so then you can enjoy them instead of being disappointed. It could be the best update yet or it could be the worst. Only time will tell 

• xJaayyy likes this

adamnightmare
  • adamnightmare

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

ill tell you what it doesn't offer just like other things rockstar has shown off a firm release date

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

I honestly have no idea what they could possibly be adding that takes a year to develop. I think when they drop, we're all gonna be thinking "they took a year for THIS?"

I dig what you are saying but most of us have no idea what time is needed to create all new content for a game that was originally made more than 3 years ago. A lot of people on here don't seem to realise ALL the DLC would've been made during original development of the game then they decided what stuff would be DLC. I am hoping they are making heists from the ground up, probably would of needed to bring developers/coders back onto the GTAV project that have moved onto other projects and what not. Total speculation of course.

Well to be honest you can't really know that. It's possible that they're still developing DLC.

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

You are about to be flamed by a lot of people. Be careful.

5206860+_afa014c21152fbb47bc4fb4742870ec

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by Blankerz, 29 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Well to be honest you can't really know that. It's possible that they're still developing DLC.

Of course its possible but not very efficient and economical. Once a game hits shelves a good 75% of the team have already moved onto a new project.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Joins Heist; Asks host to give him 15% cut

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Yeah and I'm sure they made heists the selling point back before release, just so that you can earn $3-9k more than armored trucks.

Makes sense.

Selling point of a product that does not exist in the product itself - until almost a year.

Great right?

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yeah and I'm sure they made heists the selling point back before release, just so that you can earn $3-9k more than armored trucks.

Makes sense.

Selling point of a product that does not exist in the product itself - until almost a year.

Great right?

Spectacular.

TCA
  • TCA

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

The best answer, Won't know until they get here tbh. But nothing wrong with speculating as to what they may include or not,

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

Pomask
  • Pomask

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by Pomask, 29 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.

I have 1 actual friend that I play this game with.  I'm hoping the Heist DLC will include ski masks black gloves and duffle bags.  The idea of being able to go into a bank, museum, jewelry store, or any other building, put masks on and rob the place with my friend is awesome. I don't care how intense or tough the missions are, how cinematic or impressive they end up being, , , , I just really like the idea of robbing somewhere other than a conveince store with my friend. 

That's what they offer, just another simple experience that would be really really fun for like a month. I want it.

***also i like the idea of scuba gear being introduced and you could do what you did in single player and break into places through the ocean. Also would be very fun to do with friend(s). Betraying people would be cool but wold never really work,

• GTA4131 likes this

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

I think they intended heists for the original release but either it gummed up the system or was so buggy that they had to shelve it.  Then after the release, they put all the developers to work on other projects, like the PC and new console versions. That's it. No big conspiracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users