Mental State and Bad Sport Warning...

25 replies to this topic
CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

as many may know, bad sport warning for destroying PVs was either f*cked(in a good way) or simply tweaked with patch 1.16

yesteday i was playing and doing some testing and notice that destroying PVs wont yield a bad sport warning or insurance as long as my mental state was low(white).

the moment my mental state turned red, BS/insurance returned.

i dont know it this a feature or some unintended effect, all i know is that its really sweet as it give some incentive to white dot players, as this would give them a chance to defend themselves from lets say reverse drivers without getting punished!

if this is a feature then kudos to R*
  • stonedpimpso, godziller and PsychoGamer like this

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:48 AM Edited by godziller, 29 August 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Good find if true.

Anyone confirm?

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

You get zero warning and no cash taken away when you use a buzzard. White or red dot ..

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

speaking of mental state,  did they change it drastically?  i was red and on the next day iwas white and after becoming half red again i turned white on the next day again. its either cooling down real fast or i am buggy.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

speaking of mental state,  did they change it drastically?  i was red and on the next day iwas white and after becoming half red again i turned white on the next day again. its either cooling down real fast or i am buggy.

It's always reset to 0 (white) at about midnight GMT, but only if you're actually playing online at that time.  Maybe they've just got rid of that caveat.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

You get zero warning and no cash taken away when you use a buzzard. White or red dot ..

Not true.

Liquid Ocelot
  • Liquid Ocelot

A Frakkin' Cylon

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

i blew up an entity yesterday. me, being a white dot, I didn't got charged anything. I was actually surprised and annoyed enough to pay the price of the car but lucky me I didn't. Maybe it's some algorithm that if red dot attacks white dot, white fights back = no punishment?

i dunno

Relative007
  • Relative007

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:07 AM Edited by Relative007, 29 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Jet Cannons and Buzzard Missiles still give me no Bad Sport Warning or Insurance all the time (provided you Destroy an Occupied PV). Although the Jet Cannons are annoying to use now (at least for me) as I am not firing tracer rounds anymore...

I will test this in a Minute Carimbo as I had No Mental State when I played just over an hour ago and have no issue raising it!

Relative007
  • Relative007

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Just started Testing on 0 Mental State (this was first Kill).

Was helping another player melee attack a Z-type for kicks and when the vehicle de-spawned he hopped into his Jester, I pulled out my RPG and:

No Bad Sport Warning or Insurance Paid. 

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Not true.
ok you got me. Someone has to be in the vehicle. But than again you shouldn't be going around blowing up empty PV. That's just rude.

Jet Cannons and Buzzard Missiles still give me no Bad Sport Warning or Insurance all the time (provided you Destroy an Occupied PV). Although the Jet Cannons are annoying to use now (at least for me) as I am not firing tracer rounds anymore...

I will test this in a Minute Carimbo as I had No Mental State when I played just over an hour ago and have no issue raising it!

that sucks for you. If buzzard missiles netted me a warning I wouldn't do it any more....yeah no I probably continue to rain hell.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

So that's what it is! I couldn't figure out why I was able to destroy PVs at will without bs/insurance at will at times and not at others. The mental state tweak makes sense (rubs hands together with destructive glee.)

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

guess its time for me to make a youtube video with my finding hahaha

people keep testing and report back!

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I've been blowing up PV using buzzard missiles for almost 3 days total. I can tell you the only time I don't get a warning or charged money is when the vehicle is empty .

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Just remember: Not getting a warning doesn't mean you aren't getting BS points.

• PsychoGamer likes this

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

I've been blowing up PV using buzzard missiles for almost 3 days total. I can tell you the only time I don't get a warning or charged money is when the vehicle is empty .

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Just remember: Not getting a warning doesn't mean you aren't getting BS points.

it doesnt work like that...

the only certain thing about the bad sport system
is that a point is added everytime you receive a warning.

under normal circumstances destroying a PV yield a warning(bs point)

quit mission = warning(bs point)

so by pure logic youre not receiving bs points if you dont get the warning.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

The "Ambitious" One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I STILL don't understand WHY they haven't eliminated BS from the game after they brought in the mental state feature. It makes NO sense to have that lobby anymore when they practically encourage you with filling up the MS meter.

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

If you're playing at 12 am - it usually turns white after this time for everyone playing online 

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I STILL don't understand WHY they haven't eliminated BS from the game after they brought in the mental state feature. It makes NO sense to have that lobby anymore when they practically encourage you with filling up the MS meter.

Of course it still makes sense. Just because somebody is a red dot doesn't mean they're a bad sport. Killing players and cops doesn't mean you should be stuck with people who do nothing but blow up cars and quit every mission if they're losing

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

The "Ambitious" One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Of course it still makes sense. Just because somebody is a red dot doesn't mean they're a bad sport. Killing players and cops doesn't mean you should be stuck with people who do nothing but blow up cars and quit every mission if they're losing
Well if your car gets blown up then your fault for allowing them to plus you don't have to pay for anyway so whats the big deal? And if they quit out on a mission then guess who's not getting paid. It's ironic that a game where you're a criminal awards you with $2,000 for being nice yet will throw you in a separate lobby the minute you get a little reckless. I thought the point of the game was committing crimes.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Well if your car gets blown up then your fault for allowing them to plus you don't have to pay for anyway so whats the big deal? And if they quit out on a mission then guess who's not getting paid. It's ironic that a game where you're a criminal awards you with $2,000 for being nice yet will throw you in a separate lobby the minute you get a little reckless. I thought the point of the game was committing crimes.

Your cars will still get blown up and that's fine. It's part of the game. You can also blow up A LOT of cars and it's totally fine. But to get put in BS you need to blow up 50 PV in 24 hours. That's totally different than a person who blows up a few cars now and then... Or even a person who does it pretty frequently.

As far as people quitting, when you quit a race, DM, TDM, parachute, it lowers the payout for everybody. The less players at the end, the less everybody gets paid. So it's a total bitch move, I shouldn't have to play with babies who do that all the time. Same for this, you have to quit ALL THE TIME to get out into bad sport. Anyone who gets put in BS totally deserves it. Mental state is a way of separating players who treat the lobby like a deathmatch, nothing wrong with that. I do that pretty often. But it's nothing like BS, nor should it be.
  • lunaticz0r likes this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

The "Ambitious" One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Your cars will still get blown up and that's fine. It's part of the game. You can also blow up A LOT of cars and it's totally fine. But to get put in BS you need to blow up 50 PV in 24 hours. That's totally different than a person who blows up a few cars now and then... Or even a person who does it pretty frequently.

As far as people quitting, when you quit a race, DM, TDM, parachute, it lowers the payout for everybody. The less players at the end, the less everybody gets paid. So it's a total bitch move, I shouldn't have to play with babies who do that all the time. Same for this, you have to quit ALL THE TIME to get out into bad sport. Anyone who gets put in BS totally deserves it. Mental state is a way of separating players who treat the lobby like a deathmatch, nothing wrong with that. I do that pretty often. But it's nothing like BS, nor should it be.
Yea but doesn't matter HOW many cars he or she blows up, they still got to pay for it. And yea i do agree with people quitting missions as a b*tch move but honestly, how often does this really happen because most people don't just quit all of time. There shouldn't be a BS lobby especially when you can blow up thousands of NPC cars, kill hundreds of cop and innocent peds but somehow killing other scummy criminals is way worse. Its part of the nature of game if someone attacks you and if you can't defend yourself then oh well. However i do feel that someone quitting shouldn't effect the payouts at all because thats honestly unfair.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yea but doesn't matter HOW many cars he or she blows up, they still got to pay for it. And yea i do agree with people quitting missions as a b*tch move but honestly, how often does this really happen because most people don't just quit all of time. There shouldn't be a BS lobby especially when you can blow up thousands of NPC cars, kill hundreds of cop and innocent peds but somehow killing other scummy criminals is way worse. Its part of the nature of game if someone attacks you and if you can't defend yourself then oh well. However i do feel that someone quitting shouldn't effect the payouts at all because thats honestly unfair.

Agreed

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

It still seems to give you BS warning/insurance if the car is parked/no one in it. I tried wrecking a parked PV, got warning/insurance. Two seconds later, wrecked a PV passing by, no BS warning/insurance.

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

When you commit crimes, in this case quitting early or blowing up PV's, you get thrown in jail. Welcome to Bad Sport.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hry when online first came out I joined a dm. Now I only had a pistol. At the last second eceryone moved to the other team so it was 1 lvl 5 vs 6 lvl 20s or 30s with assault riffles. Naturally after veing spawn camped a few times I left and got vad sport warning. Wtf im being a bad sport because the f*ckfaces were probably friends who wanted easy kills. If anyone was a bad sport it was the people that all moved to one team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users