Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR online lifespan was quite long, GTA probably not?

67 replies to this topic
LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Gta 4's life span was even longer from 2008 till 2013. Games only really die when newer ones come out if they are long lengths apart anyway 

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I really should get round to playing RDR.. but GTA V is permanently stuck in my PS3...

I'm just now finishing up the story, and I have to admit it is JUST as DOPE as GTA V SP. Probably better. The random encounters are better. I even enjoyed the movies in RDR. If you do every activity in GTA V, and in RDR, they are pretty much clones.

As for the online on RDR, I haven't tried it.

I wish I didn't wait so long to play RDR, I feel f*ckING dumb for BUYING AC3 and not RDR. AC3 sucks compared to RDR.

All in all I enjoyed RDR more than GTA V. And I don't know anything about cards really.

luisniko
  • luisniko

L'enchanteur de fappe

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Because RDR and GTA IV Multiplayer were focusing on the actual quality, not on how to make people buy in-game cash.

• Sergiu likes this

DoubleDutch
  • DoubleDutch

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:44 PM Edited by DoubleDutch, 29 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

I think one of the major things in GTA IV's and RDR's online that made it fun for me was the fact that it wasn't all about killing other players. People used to come together to have a fun time doing laps around the airport, hold off cops, etc in GTA IV and take over hideouts in RDR. Occasionally there would be the one guy that got hold of an APC or buzzard and shot everyone to hell, but that wouldn't happen every single minute.

I don't know why people keep saying this about GTAIV multiplayer. It's just not true. GTAIV had the exact same problems as GTAO has. When IV was released the forums were full of people complaining about free roam. Here's just a few examples from a quick search:

http://gtaforums.com...-not-deathmatch

http://gtaforums.com...playerfree-roam

http://gtaforums.com...49484-free-roam

http://gtaforums.com...not-deathmatch/

does that look familiar? GTAO may be sh*t but it is still a massive improvement on IV's multiplayer

I didn't play RDR freeroam a vast amount but I remember being shot a lot on there too

• TCA likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

I do remember GTA IV, and it DID have it's problems too. I haven't played RDR online, but I already have been told numerous times about the cheaters.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Guys. Sorry for off-top. Does RDR has good multiplayer?

For me it was great. Only problem is: story mode is so freakin' good that multiplayer seems kinda weak. But it's great also. Fair combat system, skill is important.

try MAX PAYNE 3. it's R* best multiplayer game so far. they have done EVERYTHING right there. apart from splitting the community into soft lock/free aim. fully fleshed out, more intense gameplay than in the singleplayer campaign. can't say that about RDR or GTA V

Max Payne 3 multiplayer sucks, there is no weapon balance at all. Good luck starting as a new player when every rank 40+ and their mothers are running around with sawn off shotguns that have ridicilous range. They are like the 1887's from mw2 before they got patched.

you can blast those foolz with a revolver right off the bat at rank 1. you just need to grind at the start that's it. Though I guess you're not the one to do that

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by jackjoejim, 29 August 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Max Payne 3 is off topic as its not even similar to the games in question.

Never played GUN on ps2 so RDR was a unique and great experience for me. And just when i thought the game couldnt get any better...undead Nightmare!

Its so good that i cant even bring myself to put my disc in because ill waste hours on it.

The only thing RDR could have added to make it better and longer lasting was to add free roam zombies online. If gta online does this, it will best any other online game they have ever done.

Its a shame RDR didnt get a PC release because modders could have done it. PC would have made it last longer

Chloroform
  • Chloroform

Smell this

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Chloroform, 29 August 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Red dead redemption was an amazing game graphics and gameplay wise BUT I've already clocked in way more hours in gta than I did in red dead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users