Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR online lifespan was quite long, GTA probably not?

67 replies to this topic
tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Most of us played, enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. And now we are almost 1 year in GTA.

Although RDR online gaming is inferior to GTA online it lasted 3 years and something (until hackers destroyed it) and it was great experience. We are all witnesses of hacking domination over Los Santos and Blaine County. They have their dirty, greedy, fingers all over GTA online and i can't help thinking GTA online won't live long like RDR did.

In terms of gaming it's obvious how much GTA is superior but gaming community is disappointed. Is it shark cards, glitches, false promises, short story mode; i don't know. Some people say that story is rushed and short cause online is at focus.

Let's list most known facts about both games:

RED DEAD REDEMPTION - outstanding and historical story about outlaw redemption, western setting (Mexico, wildlife, all those beautiful western movie clichés), fair online world where skill was most important factor (no RPG-s, grenade launchers, tanks, jets etc.).

GTA 5 - 3 guys, modern setting, graphics great, relatively short story, online filled with glitches and bugs, sea area is wasted space in online world, infamous shark cards, mission payouts etc.

My humble opinion is that GTA didn't captured "magic" like RDR did (hell, even San Andreas had that magic feeling while playing). Short and rushed story mode(3 guys, not enough time to develop them).

Or maybe it's this simple: John Marston and New Austin > Michael, Trevor, Franklin and Los Santos.

I guess time will tell why RDR was so groundbreaking and why GTA had so much unrealized potential.

• Ninja_Gear, HexagoN, Fearx-- and 1 other like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

naa the fact that gta is moving to a newer console that would help expand the lifespan of online as the security feature of those consoles "would prevent" people from running scripts.

IV was active for 2-3 years before it was taken over by hackers.
  • Rockwheels, Sangers, Amistrulez and 3 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yes, RDR was a much better game, both in singlplayer and multiplayer than GTA V.

I think everyone knows this already.
  • HexagoN, Jeone, RoachKiller_416 and 6 others like this

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

RDR was great....for a 2010 game that is. A lot has changed in 4 years and there is no way the lack of things to do in RDR mutiplayer would hold up to today's standards. GTA Online is already proving that we have yet to see everything they have in store and R* confirmed that this Online mode was transferring over to GTA VI. RDR was fun sure, but the Online was seriously lacking with things to do. In GTA Online, we have plenty of missions and things to buy and with monthly updates that's not going to change anytime soon.

If they ever make a sequel to RDR, they need to implement a similar Online experience that GTA Online has supplied. I loved RDR but after awhile of having nothing new to do, I got bored with it and eventually sold the game. So that's just me opinion on the matter.

• GrandTheftRobbo and tonko like this

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

I really enjoyed the GTA V's single player, way more than GTA Online. GTA V singleplayer, one of the most memorable singleplayers ever, loved it.

But still isn't as good as Red Dead You can actually have fun

• tonko and fERON like this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

RDR sequel would be a dream come true. If they can repeat that kind of story it would be great.

• Demetri_FTO_1. likes this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by iddqdvie, 29 August 2014 - 10:14 AM.

i will put some light on all this  (source is my head)

they are only doing the smallest effort for the highest price because it doesnt matter how much content they present, people will ask for more, so why not start small and grow afterwards?

gtaV singleplayer was nice for the 2 weeks before online. after that, nobody really cared. so why focusing on it? we want to play ONLINE. and thats where they are heading:

to a next gen GTA:Online, and until that, the oldgen version is a place to learn for r*. 

they want people to buy the nextgen version, so they are going to add features and content (maps) so nobody will think its just an HD version.

it will be the next big thing for the shareholders.

don't forget, RDR didnt bring in any cash, gta:o does, so they want to fix it all and get the most out of it.

• dead goon, ~TKP~ and GrandTheftRobbo like this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

i will put some light on all this  (source is my head)

they are only doing the smallest effort for the highest price because it doesnt matter how much content they present, people will ask for more, so why not start small and grow afterwards?

gtaV singleplayer was nice for the 2 weeks before online. after that, nobody really cared. so why focusing on it? we want to play ONLINE. and thats where they are heading:

to a next gen GTA:Online, and until that, the oldgen version is a place to learn for r*. 

they want people to buy the nextgen version, so they are going to add features and content (maps) so nobody will think its just an HD version.

it will be the next big thing for the shareholders.

don't forget, RDR didnt bring in any cash, gta:o does, so they want to fix it all and get the most out of it.

Agree. This is brutal true facts. RDR as great as it was didn't brought cash like GTA did. Today gaming world just wants online interactions and story mode will fade away :(

• ~TKP~ likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Wasn't RDR more about proving & delivering rather than profit?

And to the person who said Rockstar confirmed:
Source or gtfo.
  • Sergiu and tonko like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

RDR was great....for a 2010 game that is. A lot has changed in 4 years and there is no way the lack of things to do in RDR mutiplayer would hold up to today's standards. GTA Online is already proving that we have yet to see everything they have in store and R* confirmed that this Online mode was transferring over to GTA VI. RDR was fun sure, but the Online was seriously lacking with things to do. In GTA Online, we have plenty of missions and things to buy and with monthly updates that's not going to change anytime soon.

If they ever make a sequel to RDR, they need to implement a similar Online experience that GTA Online has supplied. I loved RDR but after awhile of having nothing new to do, I got bored with it and eventually sold the game. So that's just me opinion on the matter.

Lack of things to do? lolwat. We obviously played a different RDR.

I'd much rather have a calming game of Liar's Dice, or Poker than play Golf or Tennis. I'd also much rather gun someone down from horseback than sticky bomb them while driving a super car. Posses, hunting, duelling, crafting. Earning weekly challenges etc etc etc.

Oh, RDR... How I miss thee.

• RoachKiller_416, Sugar Free Nos, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Most of us played, enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. And now we are almost 1 year in GTA.

Although RDR online gaming is inferior to GTA online it lasted 3 years and something (until hackers destroyed it) and it was great experience. We are all witnesses of hacking domination over Los Santos and Blaine County. They have their dirty, greedy, fingers all over GTA online and i can't help thinking GTA online won't live long like RDR did.

In terms of gaming it's obvious how much GTA is superior but gaming community is disappointed. Is it shark cards, glitches, false promises, short story mode; i don't know. Some people say that story is rushed and short cause online is at focus.

Let's list most known facts about both games:

RED DEAD REDEMPTION - outstanding and historical story about outlaw redemption, western setting (Mexico, wildlife, all those beautiful western movie clichés), fair online world where skill was most important factor (no RPG-s, grenade launchers, tanks, jets etc.).

GTA 5 - 3 guys, modern setting, graphics great, relatively short story, online filled with glitches and bugs, sea area is wasted space in online world, infamous shark cards, mission payouts etc.

My humble opinion is that GTA didn't captured "magic" like RDR did (hell, even San Andreas had that magic feeling while playing). Short and rushed story mode(3 guys, not enough time to develop them).

Or maybe it's this simple: John Marston and New Austin > Michael, Trevor, Franklin and Los Santos.

I guess time will tell why RDR was so groundbreaking and why GTA had so much unrealized potential.

GTA IV didn't have much options online, but it was a sh*tload better to. Played it for 5 years + without being bored of it. Mostly because of friendly fire off lobbies and decent vehicle physics. Only thing that ruined GTA IV in the end were imbred motherless dogs, also known as modders.

GTA V feels like a Saintsrow game with its childish vehicle physics and is already full of modders and thus will not last long. At least, not for me. It just lacks that feeling you get from GTA IV/RDR. Better graphics for next gen won't fix its 1990's gen driving physics.

• blackindia, RoachKiller_416, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Red Dead Redemption is still going. Damn what an amazing game, so many memories.

Gta will never be as good as rdr in single player andd online.

I want a sequal for rdr!!!!
  • HexagoN likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I'd much rather have a calming game of Liar's Dice, or Poker than play Golf or Tennis. I'd also much rather gun someone down from horseback than sticky bomb them while driving a super car. Posses, hunting, duelling, crafting. Earning weekly challenges etc etc etc.

Loved those poker nights in Armadillo and after that robbing bank across the street. And didn't need no adder for getaway, i had my White bronco for dissapearing in wilderness.

Red Dead Redemption is still going. Damn what an amazing game, so many memories.

Did Rockstar fix online in RDR? Last few times i tried there was infinite loading and after that i read on internet that hackers(those motherless dogs) took over. If it works then: oh Susannah, don't you cry for me, i'm coming to Armadillo with banjo on my knee :)

• ninjaontour likes this

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

but gaming community is disappointed.

just little whiney entitled kids were disappointed . The rest of us don't have that big of a problem. You don't speak for the community. So stop acting like you do.
  • gizmonomono likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Loved those poker nights in Armadillo and after that robbing bank across the street. And didn't need no adder for getaway, i had my White bronco for dissapearing in wilderness.

Did Rockstar fix online in RDR? Last few times i tried there was infinite loading and after that i read on internet that hackers(those motherless dogs) took over. If it works then: oh Susannah, don't you cry for me, i'm coming to Armadillo with banjo on my knee :)

If you check it out, and it works, hit me with a PM and I'll ride out with you. f*ck Los Santos, it's all about Hennigan's Stead.

• tonko likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

just little whiney entitled kids were disappointed . The rest of us don't have that big of a problem. You don't speak for the community. So stop acting like you do.

Well over the internet it's hard to find out how old is someone. I used the word "community" because of numerous threads about that here, at se7ensins, tech game etc. I think that community stands for. People from forum, not from coffee shop.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by ninjaontour, 29 August 2014 - 10:53 AM.

Well, some of us happen to agree with him, so stop acting like you speak for the rest of us, thanks. Enhance your calm.

I'm not a kid, and have been disappointed by this game time and again. That's not to say I don't enjoy it, I've just been let down in comparison to the tour-de-force that was Red Dead Redemption.

• tonko likes this

GrandTheftRobbo
  • GrandTheftRobbo

merc for hire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I disagree. we have not even scratched the surface of whats in store for GTAO, its progressing towards current gen systems (ps4 xbox1) and pc. There is only so much you can do with these last gen consoles. Clearly we can all pretty much agree that this was all pretty much beta testing for whats really in store

• BLACK DYNAM1TE likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

If you check it out, and it works, hit me with a PM and I'll ride out with you. f*ck Los Santos, it's all about Hennigan's Stead.

I'll check it out. Trevor is nothing compared to John Marston :)

Scr.ew Zentorno, i have mule in Escalera :)

• ninjaontour likes this

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Well over the internet it's hard to find out how old is someone. I used the word "community" because of numerous threads about that here, at se7ensins, tech game etc. I think that community stands for. People from forum, not from coffee shop.
grown ups are too busy to complain about a game. We just enjoy it when we can. Kids and young adults who have yet to mature will sit at a computer and cry about a game they claim to not even play any more. Alls I'm saying is it isn't a problem until you make it one.
  • gizmonomono likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

grown ups are too busy to complain about a game. We just enjoy it when we can. Kids and young adults who have yet to mature will sit at a computer and cry about a game they claim to not even play any more. Alls I'm saying is it isn't a problem until you make it one.

Yeah, because adults aren't allowed to form opinions on digital entertainment, right? Honestly mate, for someone who purports to be an adult, it looks like you got a lot of growing up to do.

• Demetri_FTO_1. and tonko like this

GrandTheftRobbo
  • GrandTheftRobbo

merc for hire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Oh and im sorry I love RDR, but no way RDR tops GTA as a series. San Andreas to me was like 1 of the best games of all time with so much depth and features unheard of at that time... but anyway these arguments are why you just CANT lose faith in Rockstar. They are the creators of both of these great games/ series and many more. Just wait and see what they have in store, like I said last gen systems are dying and so limited in what they can do compared to current gen (ps4 xbox1) and pc... let us see the REAL deal coming in the near future and then judge

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by tonko, 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM.

I'm 26 and while im working(office job) i have time for internet surfing(like today, for example). Sure thing, i stop by here to see what's new. Adults also visit forums. That is if 26 is adult age, what the hell do i know :)

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Oh and im sorry I love RDR, but no way RDR tops GTA as a series. San Andreas to me was like 1 of the best games of all time with so much depth and features unheard of at that time... but anyway these arguments are why you just CANT lose faith in Rockstar. They are the creators of both of these great games/ series and many more. Just wait and see what they have in store, like I said last gen systems are dying and so limited in what they can do compared to current gen (ps4 xbox1) and pc... let us see the REAL deal coming in the near future and then judge

I agree with this, but we're not talking about the future iterations of the franchise, we're talking about the here and now. I agree that new life can be breathed into this as it comes out for the newer systems, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it's going to be the holy grail of gaming.

I'd love it to be that good, I'm just a skeptic at the moment.

• tonko likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

The Big Puffa

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

I really should get round to playing RDR.. but GTA V is permanently stuck in my PS3...

fERON
  • fERON

GTA junkie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Guys. Sorry for off-top. Does RDR has good multiplayer?

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

For me it was great. Only problem is: story mode is so freakin' good that multiplayer seems kinda weak. But it's great also. Fair combat system, skill is important.

Winning001
  • Winning001

V I P drop

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

quality wise yes. Less buggy. It is kind of dead though.

Ag3ofLive
  • Ag3ofLive

First There / Never Spotted

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

thank the Lord you don't work for R*

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

For me it was great. Only problem is: story mode is so freakin' good that multiplayer seems kinda weak. But it's great also. Fair combat system, skill is important.

try MAX PAYNE 3. it's R* best multiplayer game so far. they have done EVERYTHING right there. apart from splitting the community into soft lock/free aim. fully fleshed out, more intense gameplay than in the singleplayer campaign. can't say that about RDR or GTA V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users