23 replies to this topic
Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi there!

Since the launch of Max Payne 3 on PC back in 2012 I've extensively played the game and really enjoyed it. I've ranked up to the max, grinded like a motherf*cker and beat the game at least 5x. I bought the R* season pass along with it and was totally satisfied with all the content.

A couple of days ago, due to the downtime of PSN last weekend, I decided to jump back in and re-discovered how genius and fun this game is, especially the multiplayer part of it. In the beginning stage I had trouble with connections etc....but now it seems really fine, promppted into a full lobby right away. the gameplay was mindblowing, again.

Now my question: If I bought the game again for PS3 (which I had originally bought just to play GTA V), how exactly do I obtain the DLC stuff? Is that season pass still available? I don't have a credit card, and neither paypal and all that noise. If you guys have an idea or know a site where I can get it, I'd appreciate it

PS: if YOU haven't played Max Payne 3 yet, it's a really great game and you should give it a try for sure. I know the player's base has decreased (unfortunately) and R* is no longer officially suppporting the game (again, unfortunately) - BUT, there's still a core of players around so you get a full lobby (at least on PC). it's mostly russian players I guess (they know what's good)

I'd say it's the most underrated game in a looooong time.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Really is an underrated game,

I brought the season pass a few days ago for $5!

• Th3MaN1 and Noclue_42 like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Definitely buy it again, the story and multiplayer is great.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

I didn't like the multiplayer but the story was good.
  • maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Only played the multiplayer 2 times, didn't like it as much as SP.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

If I got the game when it came out I probably would have loved the MP, but seeing as I only got the game last week and just started MP it isn't very friendly to new players when going up against rank 50's. I kept getting killed by sawn off shotguns, everyone was using them so I assume that is the crutch weapon of the game lol.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

If I got the game when it came out I probably would have loved the MP, but seeing as I only got the game last week and just started MP it isn't very friendly to new players when going up against rank 50's. I kept getting killed by sawn off shotguns, everyone was using them so I assume that is the crutch weapon of the game lol.
I just used the 1911, micro SMG, and the mini .30

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

The Season Pass is still available, not sure if you can get it physically though.. I think I remember seeing GameStop selling them at one point.

Though I don't understand the other part of your question, you don't have paypal or a credit card yet you want to know a site where you can purchase it? 

But nonetheless you can buy it on the Sony store, if you're in the United States the link is https://store.sonyen...P3ROCKSTARPASS1

if you're looking for another you can also try http://www.amazon.co...s=rockstar pass

You just purchase it, you'll get a code (if you bought it through Amazon) and you just redeem that on the Playstation Store on your PS3. If you purchase it through Sony's website, you just head to the Playstation Store and check your downloads list.

And yeah the game was totally overlooked because of the V hype going around after release, such a shame really because it's definitely one my favorite shooters of all time.

• Th3MaN1 and Noclue_42 like this

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

hell yes, the game is more underrated than everyone think

the multiplayer is kind of dead though, which is why I don't have the balls to get the DLC.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

@johan

thanks for the advice. I'll look into that!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

The MP would be really good, if it weren't for Dual Wield being OP as f*ck. Two pistols and you're set, and this breaks MP. All of it.

The singleplayer, don't even get me started. Despite some flaws (not story, the new style of the game or the fact that's it's a different Max), I loved every single second of it. I only had the chance to play the game once (even then, could only play from chapters 3 through 5) and I enjoyed each of the moments.

Just like SoL is with the hardcore fanboyism towards GTA IV, I'm him when it comes to Max Payne 3. I acknowledge that the game failed in some parts, but HOLY f*ck is it an epic game, all the way through. Honestly; 3 is the best in my opinion. And this comes from a hardcore fan who watched the movie 3 times, beat the first game 5 times, and the second one 13 times.

• tali vas Normandy and maxpaynefan like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

The MP would be really good, if it weren't for Dual Wield being OP as f*ck. Two pistols and you're set, and this breaks MP. All of it.

The singleplayer, don't even get me started. Despite some flaws (not story, the new style of the game or the fact that's it's a different Max), I loved every single second of it. I only had the chance to play the game once (even then, could only play from chapters 3 through 5) and I enjoyed each of the moments.

Just like SoL is with the hardcore fanboyism towards GTA IV, I'm him when it comes to Max Payne 3. I acknowledge that the game failed in some parts, but HOLY f*ck is it an epic game, all the way through. Honestly; 3 is the best in my opinion. And this comes from a hardcore fan who watched the movie 3 times, beat the first game 5 times, and the second one 13 times.

The movie sucked ass, only good thing about it would be james mccafrey being in it. Also when i played MP, i just used a mini .30, or the g6 commando. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Couldn't play MP, since I played a pirated copy (sue me), but even on Youtube, it's clear as day that Dual Wield in multiplayer is broken.

About the movie... meh. Honestly, I didn't enjoy it, and I didn't like the fact that it wasn't true to the game. But action-wise, it was good, and Mark Wahlberg wasn't the movie's failure. It was how ridiculously it strayed away from what it should have been.

And Mccaffrey's cameo was like a big "f*ck you" to long-time/hardcore fans of the games.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

If only a real max payne movie is made, with james mccaffrey as max. No angels or demons crap.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

What sort of DLC did Max Payne 3 get?

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Max_Payne_3

Scroll down to the downloadable content part.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

If only a real max payne movie is made, with james mccaffrey as max. No angels or demons crap.

Not exactly a Max Payne movie, but seems pretty f*cking close. And IIRC, Sam Lake is writing the movie.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Not exactly a Max Payne movie, but seems pretty f*cking close. And IIRC, Sam Lake is writing the movie.

It's a fan made movie that has been in production so long it's practically vaporware (vaporfilm?) at this point. A long time ago it was going to be called Max Payne: Payne and Redemption but had to drop Max Payne and change Max's name in the script because of legal issues of Fox. And no, Sam Lake isn't involved with the project at all.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

They really should have made some type of DLC for singleplayer too. As for the movie, if they ever do another one I pray to god they'll cast Josh Brolin or Jon Hamm as Max. Any of them are better than Marky Mark.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

They really should have made some type of DLC for singleplayer too. As for the movie, if they ever do another one I pray to god they'll cast Josh Brolin or Jon Hamm as Max. Any of them are better than Marky Mark.

No we didn't need DLC for MP3, SP.
It'd be better to have James McCaffrey as Max.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

James is too old for a role that requires that kind of physicality.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys,I saw that MP3 DLCs are on discount on PSN,and I only played singleplayer so far,so I wonder. Is it worth it to take DLCs now or the multiplayer is abandoned by now.On videos it looked fun,but I don't want to occupy space on hard disc if its useless now.

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

EAT, SLEEP, SAVE THE GALAXY, REPEAT.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by tali vas Normandy, 29 August 2014 - 09:09 PM.

^ i think worth it.  People keep saying the game is dead but i don't really think so.  this is on xbox btw.

Edit: actually, just get it if you want the weapons.  because now that i think about it.  i never play on the new maps nor the playlist.

We are talking about weapons??
and nobody bring up that stupid sawed off??
well then it must just be me who hates it :p

• acmilano likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Thanks,I my check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users