[WIP] Watch dogs profiler

64 replies to this topic
Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I am making a watch dogs profiler... It going to be released soon... So I had a question

HOW TO MAKE THE 3D EFFECT OF THE BOXES :D

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

http://gtaforums.com...xt-inside-world

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

Sounds cool, can you share some more info? Will it just let you see some interesting stats on each ped or hack into police systems and stuff? Crimes to stop?

• Rugz007 likes this

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

you mean the image behave like a flat image in the 3d world? when you move camera up its like you are seeing a paper from a "upper angle":

http://images.euroga...40527192543.jpg

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Yeah Julio Got it
@dabosss - I am making currently that it will show nearest ped info... Crimes to stop... I have to download julios mod then.... I will test the crimes with his mod to have a great experience XD

Anyways thanks for suggestions

Noox
  • Noox

changeScriptAbility(&myScriptAbility, "improve");

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

You have to show the info of the ped you're aiming at.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

I don't thing we do the same in wd

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

What? WD checks the distance between the player and the NPC the player is aiming at, if it's less than X it shows the NPC personal informations.

It doesn't take the closest NPC.

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

What? WD checks the distance between the player and the NPC the player is aiming at, if it's less than X it shows the NPC personal informations.

Not aiming at, just looking at. Take a look at JulioNIB's pic he posted, he is only looking at the pedestrian (while holding the ctOS phone).

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by Noox, 29 August 2014 - 12:54 PM.

Not aiming at, just looking at. Take a look at JulioNIB's pic he posted, he is only looking at the pedestrian (while holding the ctOS phone).

Long time since I last played Watch Dogs, it scans for the closest ped at the center of the screen then, right?

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Yes, while you're holding the phone.
(I've never played it :p)

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Anyone knows how to be "not seen (grey stars)" even if cop see us :p

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Noox, 29 August 2014 - 05:15 PM.

You started doing what you did way back, coming here asking for others to do stuff for you without even trying, I don't think it's possible to do that with scripthook though but you could do something like this

int wantedStars;
        bool wantedStarsStored = false;
        float timerToResetWantedLevel = 20.0f;
        float currentTimer = 0;
        public Class1()
        {
            Interval = 1;
            this.Tick += new EventHandler(mainTick);
        }
        public void mainTick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if(Player.WantedLevel > 0 && !wantedStarsStored)
            {
                wantedStarsStored = true;
                wantedStars = Player.WantedLevel;
            }
            if(Player.WantedLevel == 0 && wantedStarsStored)
            {
                //timer
                //function/method to detect if player has done something which can lead cops to him, if cops see the player you set his wanted level back to what it was that's why you need the wantedStars variable
            }
            if(currentTimer >= timerToResetWantedLevel)
            {
                wantedStarsStored = false;
            }
        } 

Code is not complete because I don't know how to make what's in the comments except for the timer but I'm too lazy to do that and in all honesty I don't want to help someone who hasn't even tried, if you want to learn you'll never be good by copying code. Asking for help is one thing, asking for code is another.

That's enough for me, wait for experts like letsplayordy, ByteMe or leftas.

Also, in Watch Dogs if cops see you they start chasing you.

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've seen a mod that had something to do with grey stars, but it has been removed from online now (it was on gta4-mods.com posted by YourGrace). I don't know what it did or how it worked, but I know it had something to do with grey stars :p.

I'm 99% sure .NET Scripthook cannot do this, and I can't seem to find any natives on it (I only found PLAYER_HAS_GREYED_OUT_STARS), so I'm not sure how this would be possible.

leftas
  • leftas

unknown

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I think you looking for SET_POLICE_IGNORE_PLAYER.

Best regards,

Paul.

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Best regards,

Paul.

Now why can't Rockstar name the natives better? XD

• leftas and Wiebrendh like this

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Lol
@Noox - I have discovered no method so I asked... I can make mods that you can't make >:( what's the problem with you ? Sorry..
Was a bit angry...anyways thanks

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by LetsPlayOrDy, 29 August 2014 - 06:25 PM.

Lol
@Noox - I have discovered no method so I asked... I can make mods that you can't make > :( what's the problem with you ? Sorry..

YOU can make better mods than HIM? I think you got it mixed up. If you looked at your mods on gta4-mods.com, and then his mod(s) (don't think it is/they're online anymore, but if you saw it earlier you would know), his look MUCH better than yours. Much more professional and finished.

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by Noox, 29 August 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Lol
@Noox - I have discovered no method so I asked... I can make mods that you can't make > :( what's the problem with you ? Sorry..

YOU can make better mods than HIM? I think you got it mixed up. If you looked at your mods on gta4-mods.com, and then his mod(s) (don't think it is/they're online anymore, but if you saw it earlier you would know), his look MUCH better than yours. Much more professional and finished.

It had a few boring glitches and I didn't have time to finish it so instead of leaving a broken thing I decided to delete it instead, here's a video though 

@Rugz: I haven't got any problems, if I had some I wouldn't have spent time trying to write that small code and since you said you discovered no method it took me less than 2 minutes to find a way to do that, I just wanted to help you because your problem is that after 4(5?) months you haven't released working mods because instead of spending time trying to figure something you want others to give you code and if they do you don't even know how to correctly implement it in the code you made, there goes my answer.

You have to think before you go straight into the code and based on what are you saying you make better mods than mine? I don't want to sound like a jerk but it took me one week to release my months and from what I can see you have been here for months and you haven't got a single mod without breaking bugs/glitches, mine, even with its problems such as kill counter not being aligned on some resolutions, wanted level when the mod ended and the disappearing enemies when they died it at least worked and according to people who rated my mod it was fun and enjoyable, it's also been in the top 3 for 2-3 days and I haven't seen any of your mods there.

Let's keep this friendly and end this here, hope you do well with your mod.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Rugz, i am actually done with you. Why the f*ck would you think you make mods that Noox cant make? Noox can make everything you make way better. 

AgentWD40
  • AgentWD40

GLITCHED

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:20 PM Edited by hardsty1e, 29 August 2014 - 08:37 PM.

here's a good watch dog profiler 2d example if 3d gui doesn't work, but it seems like this modder uses video effects...

• Wiebrendh likes this

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I've seen a mod that had something to do with grey stars, but it has been removed from online now (it was on gta4-mods.com posted by YourGrace). I don't know what it did or how it worked, but I know it had something to do with grey stars :p.

I'm 99% sure .NET Scripthook cannot do this, and I can't seem to find any natives on it (I only found PLAYER_HAS_GREYED_OUT_STARS), so I'm not sure how this would be possible.

Best regards,

Paul.

While that works, it doesn't look very good as it stops the police from looking for you and doing their job. Try setting their sense range. You'll have to loop through all the cops to do it, but it works much better.

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by DaBOSS54320, 30 August 2014 - 06:13 AM.

Damn you guys are rough on Rugz...

@Wiebrendh: He probably doesn't, but he said it out of anger because of what Noox said to him.

Also @Noox, he probably did try but couldn't find a way to make grey stars (As you couldn't either it seems) and he didn't want to make it so the stars go away completely. (Maybe he didn't try either... who knows, but just because he didn't know how to do it doesn't mean he didn't try. He may of just not been able to find a good way to do what he wanted)

But let's let the argument go, this topic is for Rugz mod. Not arguing or fighting... nor should any topic be for that.

Seems like InfamousSabre's idea is the best way to go, good luck on the mod. :D

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

Salut daboss

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Damn you guys are rough on Rugz...
@Wiebrendh: He probably doesn't, but he said it out of anger because of what Noox said to him.
Also @Noox, he probably did try but couldn't find a way to make grey stars (As you couldn't either it seems) and he didn't want to make it so the stars go away completely. (Maybe he didn't try either... who knows, but just because he didn't know how to do it doesn't mean he didn't try. He may of just not been able to find a good way to do what he wanted)
But let's let the argument go, this topic is for Rugz mod. Not arguing or fighting... nor should any topic be for that.

Seems like InfamousSabre's idea is the best way to go, good luck on the mod. :D

Everyone is being rough because when he started on GTAForums, he just asked questions before actually looking for an answer. When he seems like he's doing that again... everyone gets mad. I'm not saying that he didn't look, it's just that even if he did, he didn't and doesn't write down here what he has researched or anything.
  • leftas likes this

leftas
  • leftas

unknown

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM Edited by leftas, 30 August 2014 - 10:18 AM.

Best regards,
Paul.

While that works, it doesn't look very good as it stops the police from looking for you and doing their job. Try setting their sense range. You'll have to loop through all the cops to do it, but it works much better.
Your idea is better,he just asked "even if the cops see you" I knew what native can do this. So I suggested it :) you can still disable ignore.

DaBOSS54320,
I don't think you saw his other topics/posts. He is always asking for code and etc. You know it kinda makes me angry and pissing me off when I see his another request.(I don't know how for others, but I wrote what I feel when I see his request)

Rugz007,
You said you'd improved, but I can't see it.

Sorry for English.

Best regards,
Paul.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Best regards,
Paul.

Your idea is better,he just asked "even if the cops see you" I knew what native can do this. So I suggested it :) you can still disable ignore.

DaBOSS54320,
I don't think you saw his other topics/posts. He is always asking for code and etc. You know it kinda makes me angry and pissing me off when I see his another request.(I don't know how for others, but I wrote what I feel when I see his request)

Rugz007,
You said you'd improved, but I can't see it.

Sorry for English.

Best regards,
Paul.

@Daboss, leftas is right, in the beginning, rugz was always asking for code, he did not have a single idea how he could make it. We became mad at him about this, and he stopped asking. He made some unfinished mods that were broken. Now he is back and start asking everything again, and then he says he can make things that Noox cant make.. Even if he said that while being mad, i dont care about that. Rugz said he improved but he did not improve. It sounds mean, and yes it is, but it is also true. Sorry rugz, but i am done with it

• leftas likes this

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

I am still fairly new to the forums here so didn't know his history, I understand now.

Another question about the mod, plan on making little minigame puzzles for wiring the connections together?

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Oh.. that feature I forgot :p
@ others - I am very sorry
@ let's play or dy - so from next time I will show them my code about what I have researched or tried :p

@daboss - I was an f*cking idiot once..
I was just angry on other thing and so the anger which was not controlled by me has been released on Noox

@Noox - I am extremely sorry... You are great modder than me

@ others again - what if I ask one thing ? Is it a crime?

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Oh.. that feature I forgot :p
@ others - I am very sorry
@ let's play or dy - so from next time I will show them my code about what I have researched or tried :p

@daboss - I was an f*cking idiot once..
I was just angry on other thing and so the anger which was not controlled by me has been released on Noox

@Noox - I am extremely sorry... You are great modder than me

@ others again - what if I ask one thing ? Is it a crime?

No it is not a crime, and this is a good question, but most of the questions you ask are really really simple question, and those are just f*cking annoying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users