» «
Photo

Dad Shot Drunk Driver Who Killed His Sons, found not Guilty

121 replies to this topic
milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:13 AM Edited by milkmansun, 29 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

http://time.com/3197...g-drunk-driver/

What you all think about this?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

I want to say good. And I feel bad for all involved. But it doesn't seem right. Even sh*theel drunk drivers deserve justice, both for their actions and the actions of people toward them.
  • Tyler, TheCacti, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:43 AM Edited by milkmansun, 28 August 2014 - 03:45 AM.

Well may be the jury thought loosing his both kids at the same time might have triggered to act like that and why destroy the life of the one still living by sending him to jail? And He would have learned his lessons by now, sending someone to jail is to correct someone who did wrong isn't it.

Also no propper evidence is presented.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

What he did wasn't right and he should've been found guilty if there was an adequate amount of evidence. Although I can sympathize with him. Watching a family member get murdered by some guy who made an incredibly stupid decision is probably hard to do, but it's no excuse for vigilante justice.

• nkaujrog and Dirt like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Well why'd he drive drunk in the first place, there's no reason whatsoever to endanger the lives of others just because he wanted to get tipsy. May be really bad to say but good riddance, I have no f*cks to give to those who are selfish
  • Street Mix, ddyoung, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and 2 others like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

Tequlia Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:48 AM

I can understand the dad's pain here but what he did was completely and utterly wrong.

I had a feeling he would be found not guilty and like Darth said about the jury being sympathetic towards the father it seems like they followed their heart instead of the law.

I am a father and i am sure if that happened to one of both of my girls i'd want to kill the person too but it wouldn't make it right.

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

god bless america

• MyMothersMySister, Josh and cooltay like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

You know what, I'm happy he was found innocent. Despite the fact that he killed someone (albeit a giant sh*tbag) he did what most of us would do. The way the justice system is set up, a drunk driver will be charged with manslaughter, not homicide. Good for the father, but I feel very sorry for his loss.

• Doc Rikowski, Toke and nobum62 like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

Simplicity or law?

Law says if the evidence doesn't prove beyond a "Reasonable" doubt you cannot convict.

Revenge says the accused must be convicted because he did most likely do it. After all, he would not be arrested and brought to trial it he wasn't guilty (of something).

The second bite at the apple is the "Wrongful Death" civil suit, where the community gets to convict and punish otherwise innocent people.

The presumption of Guild is paramount in the peoples minds until proven otherwise. And, with some there is never a reason for there not to be guilt, unless the person is a friend or idol.

People are Fickle.  They either love or hate, and it has nothing to do with actual evidence, it is what "feels good". Hang the buggers, no no, let them go. That decision is what the Tax Payers hire juries for and some Judges don't like that.

Anthony,  Blake, Dogg, Kelly, Jackson, Simpson, Smith, Zimmerman.

Calley, Cole, Chicago 7, Frank, Sacco, Scottsboro Boys.

So, hang'em all and be done with it? Have ten possibles, It is better to execute nine innocents to get that one guilty?

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I have no sympathy for drunk drivers. Once you get behind the wheel while intoxicated, you take on full responsibility for whatever happens while you are driving. There are no accidents involving drunk drivers; only criminal incidents. 

• Moth, PoeticWhisper and Cakelover21 like this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

I had a feeling he would be found not guilty and like Darth said about the jury being sympathetic towards the father it seems like they followed their heart instead of the law.

Part of 'the law' also includes being judged by a jury of your peers, and they judged him as being not guilty. Nothing unlawful about it, regardless of how people feel about the outcome from a moral standpoint.

• Moth, Melchior and ddyoung like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

I love only me, I've got the answers to everything

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

He shouldn't have done it, but if the jury feels he was sympathetic enough to let off, then that's their prerogative I suppose. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

True justice. Well done.

• Street Mix, Cakelover21 and maxpaynefan like this

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by Marwin Moody, 28 August 2014 - 07:56 AM.

While this is in a gray zone of wether or not 'justice was served', we have to be careful not to bow down to vigilantism

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

I would have done the same if my kids were killed by a drunk driver.
Is it wrong? Depends on your point of view.
I'm glad he's not going to jail.
Karma is a bitch, that drunk driver had his right share of bad karma.
  • Moth, Toke, ddyoung and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Someone get that man some burgers and pop, he took one more drunk driver off the streets
  • PoeticWhisper and Cakelover21 like this

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

No guys, it turns out the drunk driver was black and Mr. Barajas was a white devil off duty police officer. 

Get Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on the phone.

• gtamann123, Finn 7 five 11 and GunWrath like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

I just realized something. this is another of those Latino-Americans (White) killing an African-American (Black). How come none of the news mediums mentioned it. Where is the FBI and Obama's comments?
  • gtamann123 likes this

Brad
  • Brad

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

I find cases like this quite interesting. Those who argue against the death penalty do so on the pretext that an "eye for an eye" is not how justice is administered yet when justice is at the hands of a vigilante we see that death (see murder) is adequate punishment? 

It is retributive justice whichever way you look at it. 

• Finn 7 five 11 and stu like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I'm glad that the verdict was based on the lack of evidence, even though probably everybody involved knew what really went on. But no evidence - no guilt. And they were probably all relieved that there was no evidence. Justice is a hard thing to come by these days.

Also what Tchuck said. No sympathy for drunk drivers. f*ck that guy.

• Mister Pink likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 28 August 2014 - 01:49 PM.

I find cases like this quite interesting. Those who argue against the death penalty do so on the pretext that an "eye for an eye" is not how justice is administered yet when justice is at the hands of a vigilante we see that death (see murder) is adequate punishment? 

It is retributive justice whichever way you look at it.

I'm against death penalty cause the State shouldn't believe in revenge as a form of justice.
As an individual though, I would probably try to have my revenge if something like the above happened to my kids and then I'd face the consequences of my act according to the law.
It's not a contradictory attitude imo.
As an individual I only represent myself hence I believe in my own personal right for revenge.
The State represents the whole society and society needs rules that might be consciously broken at your own risk.
Among these rules I believe that personal revenge must be not allowed just as the State's one.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Revenge. I would do the same, only I wouldn't shot him with a gun, I would blow the drunk drivers head off with a shot gun  :beerhat:

• Detective Phelps likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

i honestly don't even feel bad for the drunk driver. if he really was stupid and careless enough to kill to people while driving under the influence, then it's his own fault if the family member(s) of the people you killed shoot you down for being an inconsiderate idiot.

that dad is a badass btw.

RoadkillGumbo
  • RoadkillGumbo

Unwashed Heathen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

To be perfectly honest, I would've had a very difficult time trying to contain myself from not killing that drunk driver if my two daughters would've died as a result of his careless actions. It wouldn't have been a quick death, I'd beat him with a baseball bat and I probably would've went to prison for it because the evidence would've have been all over me!

• PoeticWhisper likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Would've done the same, this is true justice.

Twang.
  • Twang.

[^lvl][25/8] Come up and get me.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm sure the guy would have gladly gone to prison over it. I would have. I guess it's cool that he didn't, though. Morally speaking, he shouldn't have done it or he should have been jailed...but morality is for suckers, so whatever.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 28 August 2014 - 10:01 PM.

I feel very sad for the dad. My condolences to him and his family. The drunk driver got what he deserved. I still have no clue why people drive when they are drunk. f*cking sad pathetic c*nts.

• ddyoung and Detective Phelps like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Well why'd he drive drunk in the first place, there's no reason whatsoever to endanger the lives of others just because he wanted to get tipsy. May be really bad to say but good riddance, I have no f*cks to give to those who are selfish

Because people aren't in their normal state of mind, so when you're drunk, you do dumb stuff.

Yes, who wouldn't? They specifically have a law for situations like this: 'Heat of Passion'

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

No guys, it turns out the drunk driver was black and Mr. Barajas was a white devil off duty police officer. 

Get Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on the phone.

DAMN MAN SO FUNNY!

But seriously, I believe that even though what he did wasn't exactly right, I understand why he would do something like that and he doesn't deserve jail time. 

Dirt
  • Dirt

they call me cuban pete

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Armenia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

I sympathize with the father--I lost an uncle to drunk driving some years ago--but fighting violence with more violence is never the answer. It's not right that he killed the drunk driver without taking him to trial, and he gets away clean. Our first reaction when a loved one is hurt or killed is to see blood repaid with blood, but we established judges and juries for a reason. "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind," or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users