Photo

No DLCs for 12-GB PS3s anymore?

65 replies to this topic
Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 10 September 2014 - 09:47 PM.

I've got a Xbox 360 with a 20GB HDD and a 16GB Flash drive. I know it's not much space, and hell I don't have Xbox Live anyways so I really don't care. But, sucks for PS3 users who have 12GB PS3s. I can see those being discontinued pretty soon. My 360's HDD is 13GB but is supposed to be 20GB, The OS takes up half of that. The 16 GB flash drive is the same way, it's only 13.9 or 14.9GB as opposed to being 16GB. False advertising at its finest. I hate how boxes false advertise.

I sure hope they don't do the same thing for 20GB HDD owners on Xbox 360, I really don't feel like buying another HDD just for a little more space. Those DLCs better fit on the space I've got available.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by Coolstream, 10 September 2014 - 11:09 PM.

I can see those being discontinued pretty soon.

If Sony had any faith in PS4 they would have discontinued all the PS3's. But they really want more money.

At some point the developers will finally stop making outdated games and move on, dedicating resources to consoles that came out nearly a decade ago is a waste of time.

The 16 GB flash drive is the same way, it's only 13.9 or 14.9GB as opposed to being 16GB. False advertising at its finest. I hate how boxes false advertise.

It is a 16GB flash drive, the other 1.1GB is occupied by various other things ensuring the card actually works.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

If Sony had any faith in PS4 they would have discontinued all the PS3's. But they really want more money.

That's NOT how the console market works :p, Console launch much later in other countries and third world areas, so whilst it may be at a cycle end for us lot, it's still thriving as a cheap purchase in other areas and countries, by this point the console is cheap to make and makes a hefty profit and provides and extra income source when they are pushing the new tech, it has been like that for generations, no offence or anything, but you should probably read up on that kind of thing before flat out insulting it with a stupid claim.

It's akin to saying "If Microsoft had any faith in Windows 8, they'd immediately discontinue support for older Windows and force people onto Windows 8 Now!".

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

It's akin to saying "If Microsoft had any faith in Windows 8, they'd immediately discontinue support for older Windows and force people onto Windows 8 Now!".

It sure would, if all future games was exclusive for Windows 8.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Sony and MS will be making a ton of money still, off the PS3 and 360, there was even a NEW 360 model introduced,

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by RenThePyro, 12 September 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Sony and MS will be making a ton of money still, off the PS3 and 360, there was even a NEW 360 model introduced,

Not to mention the new 360 is the same price as the S model and has less features. (AV connector and optical audio removed, fewer USB ports)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users