Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the Most Angry you've Been at a Game?

118 replies to this topic
SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. I wanna change my name back to it tho...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

What is some outrageous things you've done being angry at a game?

Bought Injustice for the Vita, did the STAR Labs because I enjoyed the Challenge Tower in MK9.

Punched the Vita and a table. Lucky me, both those things didn't break.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

And as always, thanks for watching.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by The7thOne, 27 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

My two most rage induced moments in gaming:

Assassin's Creed 1 - The final mission and fight between Al Mualim. I was literally in tears trying to counter attack, dodge, block, but I kept dying.

Call it cliche, but on a Call of Duty game. Let's just say that my $180 controller has to have the battery pack duct taped to the controller.

• SickBoi and Jeone like this

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

f*ck that collapsing building level in Max Payne 3. Especially on hard with no aim assist. :(
  • Th3MaN1, SickBoi and PoeticWhisper like this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Shalissa

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

In 2012 I was playing the Jak and Daxter HD collection and I was on the second game (Jak II, hardest one in the series). Anyways I was doing this one mission where you had use a hoverboard and throw bombs in these oil wells in a small amount if time. After many attempts I threw my controller on the ground. It landed back on a bed that was in the same room as my PS3. After that I've never really raged anymore. I just say "Are you kidding me" now.
  • SickBoi likes this

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 27 August 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Gta IV - A revenger's tragedy 

i was In Tears i had tried doing it 9 times and that c*nt either kept blowing me UP!! Or i could not get in the f*cking Chopper! 10th time i done it and it made it even Extra Sweet Doing It.

• SickBoi likes this

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

Flight School GTA V :p

• SickBoi and theGTAking101 like this

Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by Jeone, 27 August 2014 - 10:18 AM.

You can just say that most of my call of duty discs don't survive a month or two
  • SickBoi, theGTAking101 and Cwinny24 like this

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Either passing the Flying School in San Andreas on PC or that minigun mission that you do for Zero on the PS2.

• SickBoi likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

When I look back, Baldurs Gate 2 - Dragon fights were a major pain.
Same goes for, Temple of Elemental Evil -- A buggy mess, took numerous retries and attempts to complete. Thanks to Co8, they have made the game much better.
GTA SA - Getting gold in driving school, and NRG.
Hitman 2 - At The Gates mission, still a challenge foe any one to pass under SO AZ Pro SA condition, f*cking hard, but I did it!!
Far Cry on realistic difficulty, esp between the middle and late parts of the campaign.
  • SickBoi likes this

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Modern Man Disease - Singer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

In the Modern Warfare 2 era I would get so mad when I got lag and get killed a lot repeatedly that I would throw random stuff towards the wall.

One of those was my controller, luckily survived (but them my brother dropped a full glass of milk on it...) and another one was my Mp4 player, broke the screen in 3, chrome details went off and buttons got slightly out. Still worked anyway LOL hahahhaha

• SickBoi likes this

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Brutaloz 4 Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: Having to do them stupid driving and flying tests.
  • SickBoi likes this

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Landing in Blue Max was hard. That got on my nerves.
  • SickBoi likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM Edited by TJGM, 27 August 2014 - 11:53 AM.

I don't really get angry when playing games anymore, but one of the most infuriating memories I have of playing games was Call of Duty: Black Ops Multilplayer. I died by Second Chance one too many times one day and my PS3 controller got destroyed off the wall.

I actually think that was the last time I got seriously annoyed at a game, now I just turn the game off if I ever get somewhat annoyed.

• SickBoi likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Either passing the Flying School in San Andreas 

This is well up there on my list. 

However, when San Andreas was brand new I was only 14. And my ability to read simple instructions was lacking.

So when I got to the flight school, I repeatedly tried doing it without removing the landing gear, and then wondering why It wasn't working properly. 

I got so frustrated because it was obviously so hard to do with the landing gear on. 

• SickBoi likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:17 PM Edited by The Yokel, 27 August 2014 - 12:20 PM.

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (PS2)

A third person brawler without a freakin' lock-on mechanic. It's incredibly hard because of that design oversight. I quit playing when I reached a level with Venom fighting some alien spaceships on a New York bridge. Couldn't lock on to the little f*ckers, and the enemy keeps attacking even when you're down. If you think Dark Souls is hard, try to play this. You can learn how to play Dark Souls. It's about trial and error until you master it. You can't f*ckin' master this sh*t. It's very design is unfair. They use this game in Russia to torture prisoners, I'm sure.

To date, this is the only game that made me throw the controller. Luckily it landed on a pillow.

• SickBoi likes this

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Big Bold Black Bear Balls

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by FRAIZER, 27 August 2014 - 12:28 PM.

Going for gold medals on Trials... The most rage inducing moments of my life!

I have lost my voice screaming at that game... Especially on trials evolution on the loooooong ass track near the end of the game. I would get near the end and do something careless and wreck and rage quit.
  • TJGM, RedDagger and SickBoi like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I an I

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:22 PM Edited by Ermac., 27 August 2014 - 12:38 PM.

Almost broke a controller because of MW2. I also came close to punching my computer screen due to MW2 as well. Despite it being my favorite COD, I can admit that there was almost no middle ground when it came to enjoyment. You were either having the time of your life, or raging mad like a god damn lunatic. It was usually the former for me thankfully, but when the latter did happen it was intensified due to my reluctance of just finding another game. 

oh oh how could I forget L4D2. It's the same case as MW2. Either really fun, or really f*cking sh*te. Came this close to chucking my laptop to the floor while playing multiple times.

• SickBoi likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:24 PM Edited by Xerukal, 27 August 2014 - 12:28 PM.

Punched my monitor to death because of an APB: Reloaded match gone horribly wrong at the last second. 

That game f*cked me up real bad, man. The toxicity of the community doesn't help the anger management issues, too.

Can't believe I've been with it for 4 years and kept my sanity. Quit early this year after coming back to it very briefly. Good riddance. GTA Online on PC will be my new home. 

• SickBoi and Luismy_MMD like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I somehow manage to almost never be angry at video games, even though I have a combined playtime in CoD of around a month and a half (yeah, yeah, sue me).

However.

Trials fusion. No, it's not the normal tracks - I've platted all of them apart from the extremes, which I have gold on, and it wasn't hugely frustrating. But the FMX...hoo boy, let's just say when you're trying to break into the top 10, mistakes can get annoying. It also happens that trying to execute FMX tricks only works as you want to about 9/10 times.

f*ck me, having a game with such bad controls is frustrating. Still, I got 7th place worldwide, so I guess it was worth it! 

• SickBoi likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

GTA V - Was trying to get the par or below in Golf for 100%. Almost broke my controller.

GTA IV - A Dish Served Cold, replayed for like 10 times. Once close to the end, but died and had to replay it again. Same with Out of Commission.

• SickBoi likes this

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

f*ck that collapsing building level in Max Payne 3. Especially on hard with no aim assist. :(

Same.

GTA 4- a dish served cold, and rdr- the final mission- i was low on ammo couldnt kill them all.

• SickBoi likes this

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

"N.O.E" from San Andreas along with Flight School had me wanting to throw my controller against the wall.

Call of Duty multiplayer. :p

• SickBoi and Stormingz like this

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Co-Owner of Hercules

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

I don't really get angry anymore, I just have one second of pique. But when I was a kid and teen, I would scream and even cry. A specific game that would make me cry was Army Men Sarge's Heroes. Certain levels were so hard, that not even my older brother and cousin couldn't pass them.
  • SickBoi and Fallcreek like this

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

O, I forgot Caines Compound on Driver 2.  You know it's caused some anger if i can remember the name of the mission despite playing the game in over 10 years.

And that mission in Cuba where you had to drive that slow ass car to every corner of the map and you had to ram these 4 separate cars off the road to get these documents back (Rooftop rumble Y2K) 

Matter fact all of Driver 2 was incredibly frustrating especially being a youngin playing.

• SickBoi likes this

J-B
  • J-B

One Man Crusader

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Call of Duty World at War on Veteran difficulty.

Me: Why are there so MANY f*ckING GRENADES

• TJGM, Ermacs, SickBoi and 2 others like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 27 August 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Driver 1 - first level, done it after many years later but then the game didn't save.

GTA SA - Zero's missions, Why the f*ck do you have to fly these damn rc planes when you can get the job done on foot?

• SickBoi and Stormingz like this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

San Andreas? IV? V?! You guys must've forgotten 'Espresso-2-Go' on III.
  • SickBoi likes this

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

Trying to get the 7 Day Survivor achievement in the first Dead Rising.  :facedesk:

• SickBoi likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Call of Duty World at War on Veteran difficulty.

Me: Why are there so MANY f*ckING GRENADES

Grenade spamming and infinite spawns are annoying in COD.

That level when you're as a sniper in COD 4 while waiting for the helicopter to arrive was damn annoying. I remember going prone in a booth, the amount of grenades that were thrown at me......
  • Ermacs, SickBoi and Luismy_MMD like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

Any game involving PVP. Every time I die it's f*cking bullsh*t!

sarcasm

• SickBoi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users