39 replies to this topic
Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hey

As most of you will recall fondly, many moons ago I conducted a piece of research titled The GTAO Morality Test. Here it is for those that can't remember:

http://gtaforums.com...-morality-test/

This test is essentially a repeat with the same core objectives and test format/basis, with changes to only the variables in my test.

Variables:
Non-offensive, average rank player in a cool, non-violent vehicle that clearly shows I've gone through some effort to get to my current situation and am just a guy that wants to hang out.

Here's me pre-test:

Jqv1CBL.jpg

As before, anyone who I approach would be confronted with a decision to make with three morality based options; be good, be neutral, or be an arsehole.

The results have been determined via two factors:

1) Time elapsed from being within shooting range of a player to the time I am attacked by a player
2) Number of players interacted with until 1) occurs

This time I decided to run three tests, each in passive mode. Here are the results:

Test 1
Context: 2 players on foot, chased by the Fuzz
Time Elapsed: 8 seconds
Players Interacted: 2

Test 2
Context: Save guy from Warzone
Time Elapsed: 3 seconds
Players Interacted: 1

Test 3
Context: Message player "friendly :)" and pick up from outside base
Time Elapsed: 14 seconds
Players Interacted: 1

Conclusion: GTAO players are, still, arseholes.
  • teh_g, RoachKiller_416, V HoneyBadger V and 2 others like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

Not this again
  • Ak47clower likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

tl;dr

Is that also how version 1 went?

GG14876
  • GG14876

A Love Media Production

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

Conclusion: GTAO players are, still, unable to do statistically significant testing.

Fixed that for you... :)

• GTA-Freak-iX, dead goon, God-eater and 4 others like this

Ag3ofLive
  • Ag3ofLive

First There / Never Spotted

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

Cool

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Umm... I can see what you were doing here with this social experiment in game. To make things a bit easier just talk to them on the mic. Might make things a little bit smoother.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

i am immoral

did i pass?

gravis
  • gravis

I'm a peace-loving decoy, ready for retaliation

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

You cannot generalize anything based on a research with such a small sized sample. But yeah, most players are arseholes. But then again, this game is about being an asshole at the first place..

• OmchGaming likes this

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

IGN Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Three samples from a pool of millions tells you nothing. 

However, if there is a player in FR who does not attack me immediately, I have not met them. 

Of course, I never will now, since I play private sessions exclusively. If I spawn into a public session, I usually bail immediately, but if I don't... well, my sig is not a joke. After 10 months in this game, I don't need a test to know that survival in Los Santos means trusting no random, ever, no matter what they say or do. 

So, wave, salute, send messages, talk to me on the mic, send me letters of recommendation signed by the pope - doesn't matter. If you're near me, I will take your f*cking head off without hesitation as soon as I have LOS.  I treat everyone as an active threat, to which I apply a policy of hyper-aggressive paranoia. It saves time. 

• hei3enberg, Antigenetic and Ak47clower like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:06 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 27 August 2014 - 02:07 AM.

I've also noticed it varies on level.

I've got two characters, ranks are ~120 and 40.

When I play as the 40, I get put with other players of similar levels - and in free roam and contact missions I rarely have problems.

When I play as the 120, I get put with other players of similar levels - I regularly have problems with free roam trolls and dicks in missions.

Essentially I have a lot more fun in the game playing as my low level character :S

Antigenetic
  • Antigenetic

God forgives, the Basterds don't.

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:09 AM Edited by Dewbauchee88, 27 August 2014 - 02:12 AM.

Three samples from a pool of millions tells you nothing. 

However, if there is a player in FR who does not attack me immediately, I have not met them. 

Of course, I never will now, since I play private sessions exclusively. If I spawn into a public session, I usually bail immediately, but if I don't... well, my sig is not a joke. After 10 months in this game, I don't need a test to know that survival in Los Santos means trusting no random, ever, no matter what they say or do. 

So, wave, salute, send messages, talk to me on the mic, send me letters of recommendation signed by the pope - doesn't matter. If you're near me, I will take your f*cking head off without hesitation as soon as I have LOS.  I treat everyone as an active threat, to which I apply a policy of hyper-aggressive paranoia. It saves time. 

Only way to be these days with this game. I still play in Free Roam but I use Free-Aim; those servers are usually ghost towns anyway...

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person to begin with, oops. 

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

hahaha dont expect things to change any time soon...

the older the game gets, the older the player base.

you should try this test again 2-3 years down the road, by that time only the core fanbase would still be playing and you may get a more solid results, which if you ask me wont vary much from the current results!

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

i was expecting something different

vGoaTT
  • vGoaTT

Quality Stoner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by vGoaTT, 27 August 2014 - 03:02 AM.

lol wrong section.

meant for the sultan appreciation.

DER

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

The only statistic I see here are OP's threads being 100% sh*t.

X S
  • X S

Confirmation Bias Approved

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

VHnuMUr.jpg

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

I used to always always always shoot anyone who didn't respect my personal space, but over the last few months I've really calmed down. I don't just start firing unprovoked anymore, but I also don't want to make friends with randoms. Yesterday I crossed paths with a low level on a motorcycle. We both stopped outside an ammunation, he could've shot me, but didn't (surprisingly), and I went to drive off. The guy starts following me, so I'm hitting quick corners, alleyways, doing circles around blocks, obviously trying to get away. I got enough space to go up a ladder in an alley to a roof and stickied the top. I felt bad blowing him up when he tried to follow me up there, but just because I didn't shoot you on sight doesn't mean I want to be your friend

jiggaman1
  • jiggaman1

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Morality question-

You have just finished a really tough mission with a random. You worked together and it felt great. You both vote for free roam. Once back in free roam you now see he has a bounty. What do you do?
  • Ak47clower likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:20 AM Edited by hornedturtle, 27 August 2014 - 07:22 AM.

Morality question-

You have just finished a really tough mission with a random. You worked together and it felt great. You both vote for free roam. Once back in free roam you now see he has a bounty. What do you do?

kill him for not quiting by pressing b.

STEEZYR
  • STEEZYR

OG

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

This is some pretentious c*nt dribble. f*ck off 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Do your test while being an asshole now, it's more fun.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Morality question-

Kill him then give him half the bounty.

That Sly Bandit
  • That Sly Bandit

Danger Bandit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Generally, if you're reddily pycho, you're dead if you appoach me. If you're armed, You're dead. I don't trust any one. Oh, I hate it when people expect me to ride away into Los Santos in their Super car.

Public lobbies are great for improving my K-D though, don't even feel bad about it.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Morality question-

I'd leave them alone, if the mission was fun and we worked well together then I'd want to do a few more and killing them might stop that happening.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Honestly what is this bullsh*t?

The other day I saw a level 3 outside of the clothes store so clearly a fresh toon as he had 0.00 K/D so it wasn't a 2nd character. 

Decided to fly him about and show him all the new sh*t and let him drive/fly... After a good 20 or so minutes I jumped in the driver seat again & he tried to kill me...

So it's not like there is no reason for people being "shoot first " types in this game, trust rarely exists in GTA haha.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by KnobCheez, 27 August 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Honestly what is this bullsh*t?

The other day I saw a level 3 outside of the clothes store so clearly a fresh toon as he had 0.00 K/D so it wasn't a 2nd character. 

Decided to fly him about and show him all the new sh*t and let him drive/fly... After a good 20 or so minutes I jumped in the driver seat again & he tried to kill me...

So it's not like there is no reason for people being "shoot first " types in this game, trust rarely exists in GTA haha.

I rarely shoot 1st, but I've lost count of the amount of times a really low level (<10) has rolled up to me while I'm standing in the street , then proceeded to try and shoot my >100 character with the starter pistol?! Then after I've auto aimed their sorry ass, they continue to come at me just to get mowed down. These days I get bored after the 3rd or 4th time and move on.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Once, just for a change, I played with a random for an hour in free roam against some others. We took up sniper positions on a roof. He pistolled me in the back of the head. Never again.

Luckily, I don't care to have or make friends, so this kind of thing doesn't bother me. I like the lone wolf lifestyle better anyway.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Once, just for a change, I played with a random for an hour in free roam against some others. We took up sniper positions on a roof. He pistolled me in the back of the head. Never again.

Luckily, I don't care to have or make friends, so this kind of thing doesn't bother me. I like the lone wolf lifestyle better anyway.

The amount of times I've accedently pistol whiped a friendly player is sort of embarising :(

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I love being a massive dick in GTA Online, even in GTA 4.  The fun part is becoming friends with the person after, which happens surprisingly often because I randomly become friendly after a while.

• Ak47clower likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users