Photo

Car performance question...

37 replies to this topic
ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by ajdude1, 26 August 2014 - 09:55 PM.

This post is probably going to get a lot of hate but whatever, if anyone can give me some real/good advice I'd appreciate it...no chrome adder/faggio bullsh*t comments. 

anyway I have a cheetah I hardly use, and was wondering if I should go dark side and swap it for an adder? I've seen people posting pictures of their adders that look less douchey, and I'm on the fence about trading my cheetah for one. 

anybody know which performs better overall? 

RajunKjun
  • RajunKjun

Southwest Louisiana

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Paint it chrome. Blue dollar sign wheels. Faggio. That should cover the bases DJ.

O.t.- adder is superior in performance, but higher insurance fee if wrecked. Fun to drive as indeed it hauls ass. Looks good in most colors.

JimmyFantastic
  • JimmyFantastic

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

An Adder could be better than a Zentorno on a really long straight track like Route 68.

No point in keeping a Cheetah performance wise.

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Paint it chrome. Blue dollar sign wheels. Faggio. That should cover the bases DJ.

O.t.- adder is superior in performance, but higher insurance fee if wrecked. Fun to drive as indeed it hauls ass. Looks good in most colors.

haha alright, how does it compare to the cheetah though?

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

should I go with a completely different car? like a 6x6? I don't know. I like the cheetah looks wise...but I never use it. just looking for people to give me their opinions on which of these cars performs the best

JimmyFantastic
  • JimmyFantastic

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

It depends, what do you want? A car for racing? Looks? Missions?

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by ajdude1, 26 August 2014 - 11:22 PM.

It depends, what do you want? A car for racing? Looks? Missions?

all of the above. I have a zentorno and entity with this character too though...but I have a few cars in each class so 3 supers isn't that bad...kinda douchey but oh well. I'm just curious if the pros and cons of the cheetah and adder are similar, and I guess I'm going for looks. And if the adder is worth it (better than having a cheetah), I have the money so that isn't really an issue...

JimmyFantastic
  • JimmyFantastic

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

Well as I said the Adder can outperform a Zentorno on some tracks while the Cheetah can't.

If it's looks then really it is just what you like more.

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

Well as I said the Adder can outperform a Zentorno on some tracks while the Cheetah can't.

If it's looks then really it is just what you like more.

true...I'm just the most indecisive person ever when it comes to cars...

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by ajdude1, 27 August 2014 - 12:36 AM.

One thing the cheetah has going for it is that it is a lot more detailed (interior wise) than the adder...and it can fling cars in the air since the front is like a ramp..

caarl00s
  • caarl00s

:)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

Weeeell i love my Adder, i have never regret of it, i've had the cheetah 2 times but i barely used it, comparing both the Adder has a biiiig advantage of speed and very good breaking, the acceleration moddified it's not bad at all too, it's not so hard to handle like most of players says, it's obvious that any car will be pretty difficult for a non skilled driver when reaching almost 400 kph lol, anyway the cheetah is better on handling for sure; between both, for looks i prefer the Cheetah, for performance the Adder... Oh and yeah the cheetah's front works as a ramp to fling cars lol but the Adder it's pretty heavy so you can push other cars easier to take them out of the road; if you get used to its weight, other players may find difficult ram you :D

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by ajdude1, 27 August 2014 - 04:13 AM.

Weeeell i love my Adder, i have never regret of it, i've had the cheetah 2 times but i barely used it, comparing both the Adder has a biiiig advantage of speed and very good breaking, the acceleration moddified it's not bad at all too, it's not so hard to handle like most of players says, it's obvious that any car will be pretty difficult for a non skilled driver when reaching almost 400 kph lol, anyway the cheetah is better on handling for sure; between both, for looks i prefer the Cheetah, for performance the Adder... Oh and yeah the cheetah's front works as a ramp to fling cars lol but the Adder it's pretty heavy so you can push other cars easier to take them out of the road; if you get used to its weight, other players may find difficult ram you :D

idk I'm thinking about it, but the traction on the adder kinda sucks though right?

elfoam
  • elfoam

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

The Cheetah will beat an Adder every time on tight tracks or when it's raining. The Adder will beat everything on long haul.. I guess the point is a Zentorno will beat a Cheetah in the rain. (just). The only time I race my Cheetah now is when I'm tired because it's so easy to drive and I'm likely to crash anything else.

I don't own an Adder but I'm not sure I'd sell my Cheetah to buy one as I don't race straight long tracks anyway (boring).

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:29 AM Edited by ajdude1, 27 August 2014 - 04:29 AM.

The Cheetah will beat an Adder every time on tight tracks or when it's raining. The Adder will beat everything on long haul.. I guess the point is a Zentorno will beat a Cheetah in the rain. (just). The only time I race my Cheetah now is when I'm tired because it's so easy to drive and I'm likely to crash anything else.

I don't own an Adder but I'm not sure I'd sell my Cheetah to buy one as I don't race straight long tracks anyway (boring).

yeah I have a zentorno and entity also...I think 3 supers are a little bit overkill but the cheetah does drive nicely. The zentorno and entity have better traction but yeah...I know what you're saying. maybe I should just look into cars in a completely different class...not sure. I think the adder and cheetah look nice though. I was thinking about getting a dubsta 6x6 but I doubt I'd ever use it, and I don't like the looks of it anyway..am I the only one who is this indecisive about their cars? lol

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Not quite sure if the adder is worth it, it doesn't seem to accelerate as fast as the cheetah does...anybody else tested both of these out and has advice on which handles best?

caarl00s
  • caarl00s

:)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

idk I'm thinking about it, but the traction on the adder kinda sucks though right?

Yeah, kinda, but in exchange it has the highest top speed, that may just be a problem on tracks like Nürburgring (or something like that, i forgot the name) where there are big inclinations; the Adder take a little more time to reach high speeds compared to others yes, but it eventually will reach any super if drive it correctly, i have passed from last to first place in many races :p ...at long straight tracks if you get to take a notable advantage on first place with the Adder, you can be at some point where the other players will not be able to reach you anymore :D even against other Adders, testeeed B)

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by jazzbone, 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Adder = dark side???

If your Cheetah sits and you have the money then my answer is yes. Go on and buy something you may like and use often. I do suggest you do an extended test drive before any purchase and even more so when a purchase involves selling a vehicle you currently own. Avoid buyers/sellers remorse.

Long test drives are easy. In single player an Adder spawns close to Michael's house. From there mod it,paint it,and drive it.

Overall i find the Adder superior to the Cheetah. If only for races the Adder is my choice over a Cheetah everday.

cooltay
  • cooltay

Your friendly neighborhood Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Anything the cheetah can do,the entity does better.

• zoobulon likes this

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by Rwande, 27 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

I used adder from the very beginning until zentoro came out. I love adders performance, handling and look and when you master it's drag like turning it's a very powerful machine. Adder is superior to cheetah, zentoro is superior to all apart from entity (maybe traction is slightly better on entity). I doubt any less skillful player could beat you on either straight or fractured tracks regardless of the car you or your opponent uses... against akuma tho non of these supercars got a chance.

Most useful test I found so far

And a bit of a fun material

But lets face it... all supercars are pretty much the same what makes the difference is driving skills...

VMB-TAN
  • VMB-TAN

I needs it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

The Adder is a bit nervous in corners, but the way it shoots away when accelerating after the corner is great. I'd say; money well spend.

Sounds better than the Cheetah to me as well.

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

since I already have a zentorno and entity, does the adder have any advantage over those 2? or would it just be stupid to have all 3

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

since I already have a zentorno and entity, does the adder have any advantage over those 2? or would it just be stupid to have all 3

No it doesn't have any really. If you like it, buy it though. Why not.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

The Adder is nice but its handling is bad and the acceleration is not so good.

The Entity XF's overall performance is superior. The Zentorno's acceleration is superior.

Adder = Classy look+ The Fastest Top Speed. Not more.

But if you like Adder's looking, why don't you buy? Your choice.

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

The Adder is nice but its handling is bad and the acceleration is not so good.

The Entity XF's overall performance is superior. The Zentorno's acceleration is superior.

Adder = Classy look+ The Fastest Top Speed. Not more.

But if you like Adder's looking, why don't you buy? Your choice.

true, it's just if I'm going to be dropping that much $ on a car I'm just making sure it's worth it

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I had all the super cars at one point. Got rid of the Vacca, Cheetah, Bullet and Infernus quickly. They all sucked overall. For me, anyway.

I kept the Adder, because it can haul ass in tight situations. You just need to know how to handle it. 

The turismo stayed, because it just sounds so gooooood. Listen to it if you ever get the chance. 

Entity handles like a dream and is extremely useful for outrunning annoying choppers in the middle of the city. 

Voltic is electric and is very efficient, I just love driving an electric car sometimes. 

Zentorno is bullet proof backed, so i use that to pick on other players. 

Adders are definitely better than cheetahs. Mine is metallic midnight purple with black Feroci RR wheels and it looks mint.

• VMB-TAN and caarl00s like this

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by ajdude1, 27 August 2014 - 08:41 PM.

I'm just going to sell my Vigero...never use it and I can keep the cheetah, I kinda got attached to that stupid thing...and muscle races never happen so why keep the Vigero. but thanks @slyolddog for the advice, my first character has a turismo and it does sound awesome. 

and thanks everyone who commented, sorry about my bipolar sounding posts, it's just when it comes to choosing cars I usually change my mind all the time...and I don't think I'm alone there lol

• Khan96 likes this

ZenJenga
  • ZenJenga

taps your phones

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Vigero is sexy and drives quite well.  I use mine in free mode all the time.  You made a bad choice.

If you already have a Zentorno, Entity and Cheetah, why the hell would you need an Adder? 

You children and your super cars.

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by ajdude1, 27 August 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Vigero is sexy and drives quite well.  I use mine in free mode all the time.  You made a bad choice.

If you already have a Zentorno, Entity and Cheetah, why the hell would you need an Adder? 

You children and your super cars.

I have one on my other character because I like that car so much is why I sold it, I had a spare. 

ajdude1
  • ajdude1

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

now I have to find a paint job that makes it look non-douchey. that's difficult...

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

Grab an Adder in SP, fully mod it and try it, you'll see what it is wether in performance or looking, you'll see it by yourself. It's individual, some people like it, some hate it, you will know for yourself only then, when you try it by yourself. ;) I have an Adder in Franklin's Groove Street garage and I know for sure, that I want one in Online. That's all about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users