pulling your phone out and goes straight into the camera

74 replies to this topic
LastNomad
  • LastNomad

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Shortly after the patch notes were posted on the support forums a couple of other posts (Sticky Post) regarding the main unkown bugs were added, one of those was regarding the phone double tap syaing that they were aware of it.

The posts are now gone and i don't recall exactly what was said and since i've not seen a R* response on any other post about it on the support forums i guess we'll find out when the next patch comes if it was intended or not.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Do not like this new feature - it is useful in exactly one situation - Death From Above - other than that it's just a PITA since my go-to method of accessing my phone internet and contacts is to tap up first.

It's only a 10-month-old reflex, R* - I'm sure it will only take me a few dozen rage-inducing instances to relearn a new and slightly-less-convenient set of actions.

Really, you managed to get that far in death from above!?

I joined that mission this week for the first time in six months and killed the guy myself and finished the mission...

Ran in the front gate too, first time I've ever finished it and I'm lvl 300 lmao.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Yeah everyone since forever accessed contacts in exactly the same manner... Only f*cking idiots cant grasp it after the 2nd 3rd...4th.. sh*t even 5th time of making the same error! Its like watching someone KEEP pushing a PULL door, seriously.

I did not even know this feature was in until someone told me. Take your time you damn ADHD tweekers. Problem with gamers since the late nineties. Just degenerates.

There is a time gap between when the first button is pressed and the phone is actually working. Nowadays, the phone refuses to respond until the phone is fully up and the menu is highlighted. That can take up to a full second.
If you were to press the Up button (the second) time, any time before that time period is over, the phone treats it as a "double press" and you get sent into Snapmatic.
Press the up arrow, and immediately press left over and over again, you know, like "us damn degenerate ADHD tweekers.". See how long it takes before the phone responds and goes left.
Now that you know when it responds, Press the up arrow, and press the up arrow a second time at different intervals, and notice that even after the slight pause, it's still treated as a double press.
Now, imagine when you're in a hurry because of the hundreds of things in GTA are out to get you. Do you really think you're going to be calm and suddenly able to go against a subconscious reflex?

Honestly you explain that like i don't play the game on a daily basis lol? Again like the type of person that KEEPS pushing a PULL door...

Only thing i can think of in people with that issues defense is that it could be down to connection speed, for me i have to be fast when using the short cut otherwise it just opens phone !?

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

When I'm opening my phone, it's to call a contact. That means opening the phone, pressing up, then pressing right. 

I do phone tasks fast. I've almost been killed because of the camera opening up. I've slammed my car into sh!t because of the camera opening up.

Get rid of this feature.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Up right up is inefficient compared to up up right. No one of sane mind would do this on purpose.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by BoJack Cognac, 27 August 2014 - 09:58 AM.

Up right up is inefficient compared to up up right. No one of sane mind would do this on purpose.

I might have to start.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Don't double tap?

What happens is we are used to going double tap, across to speed access our buzzards or call a car, mugger etc. There's really long lag with the phone opening so now everytime you do that you get the camera... Really sh*tty change. It's gets you killed, crash your plane etc. It happens to me tons oif times everyday.

Well say you want to go to contacts quickly, to call mechanic or whatnot. If you are in a hurry (or you are just generally fast at navigating menus) then you will press up twice. f*cking annoying as sh*t.

I don't think it's a joke because I was wondering the same thing. I've not tried it yet, but in that you need to tap twice to access the camera, and you only need to tap it once to bring up the normal phone features, why is it a problem?

Problem is when you get used to speed call. 

Up > Right > Up.

Complicated I know. ;)

• gizmonomono likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

"DUDE I'M PINNED DOWN, CALL FOR BACKUP"
"YEAH GOT YOU MAN, HANG IN THERE"
*explosion nearby*
"f*ck DUDE, HURRY UP CALL FOR BACKUP"
"YEAH I GOT YOU MAN... but i really have to take a selfie"

rockstar seems to like gimmicky sh*t rather than improving actual gameplay
  • Fearx-- likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by OurJud, 27 August 2014 - 03:40 PM.

If you want to bring up the phone and you hit up 2 time instead of once it just shows how f*cking stupid you are. If you cant count to 1 then kill yourselves as you shouldnt be allowed to procreate for being so dumb. 

See how my post was all spelt correctly and not spelt like tthhiiss? TThhiiss iiss hhooww ssttuuppiidd yyoouu ppeeooppllee aarree

Word of warning: When you make a post criticising others' spelling, make sure yours is flawless, and that includes the punctuation. By the way, let me introduce you to the apostrophe sometime.

RSRocks
  • RSRocks

Hobby-Musician

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Just stop pressing the "Up-Button" twice, once is enough to bring up the phone^^

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

It works perfectly fine if you're not an impatient spaz.

Vegeto30294
  • Vegeto30294

Online is a Myth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Even if you were in a hurry, you have enough time to triple press right before the phone actually moves the selector right.

Just shows how bad it is.

jiggaman1
  • jiggaman1

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

Do not like this new feature - it is useful in exactly one situation - Death From Above - other than that it's just a PITA since my go-to method of accessing my phone internet and contacts is to tap up first.

It's only a 10-month-old reflex, R* - I'm sure it will only take me a few dozen rage-inducing instances to relearn a new and slightly-less-convenient set of actions. 

lol - I feel ya, brother. Here's the deal:

One of you drives direct to Madrazzo's. Another bags a heli or gets up to the hills with a 'chute. Anyone else gathers at the gate and gets a LOS on the rooftop shooters (two of them).

Ground guys take out rooftop shooters and then run massive interference - just dig in and fight the cops, keeping them at the gate and generating as much carnage as they can.

The second guy lands on the now clear roof, hoses anyone on the south side of the house, rolls a grenade off the roof which kills the target. Drop down, snap photo, become intimate with a hail of bullets as reinforcements pour into the yard.

First guy (who went to Madrazzo's first off) is already on the marker. Mission complete.

Solo version - the same except you do everything yourself and you get killed after you snap the photo to drop your wanted level/spawn outside of the property. Stroll to Madrazzo's at your leisure.

Do not ever attempt to breach the gate. This mission is called "Death from Above".

Disclaimer - it's been months since I played this mission, so R* may have tweaked it. 

Also, this mission once made me call in a Ragestrike. That's like an Air Strike except you scream "F*ck you, R*, F*ck you ALL THE WAYS!!" the whole time.

Which is actually how GTA players express love to R*. I know, right?

Cheers mate! Used a lot of what you said and solo'd it just now!

I usually feel dirty and cheat using two lives, and would normally just quit a mission if I've been killed... But on this mission I couldn't give a f! I don't think it's possible to make it out of the mansion without dying anyhow.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Press once, not twice. Seems very straight-forward. You do control your hands, right?

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:01 AM Edited by God-eater, 28 August 2014 - 01:02 AM.

lol - I feel ya, brother. Here's the deal:

One of you drives direct to Madrazzo's. Another bags a heli or gets up to the hills with a 'chute. Anyone else gathers at the gate and gets a LOS on the rooftop shooters (two of them).

Ground guys take out rooftop shooters and then run massive interference - just dig in and fight the cops, keeping them at the gate and generating as much carnage as they can.

The second guy lands on the now clear roof, hoses anyone on the south side of the house, rolls a grenade off the roof which kills the target. Drop down, snap photo, become intimate with a hail of bullets as reinforcements pour into the yard.

First guy (who went to Madrazzo's first off) is already on the marker. Mission complete.

Solo version - the same except you do everything yourself and you get killed after you snap the photo to drop your wanted level/spawn outside of the property. Stroll to Madrazzo's at your leisure.

Do not ever attempt to breach the gate. This mission is called "Death from Above".

Disclaimer - it's been months since I played this mission, so R* may have tweaked it. 

Also, this mission once made me call in a Ragestrike. That's like an Air Strike except you scream "F*ck you, R*, F*ck you ALL THE WAYS!!" the whole time.

Which is actually how GTA players express love to R*. I know, right?

Cheers mate! Used a lot of what you said and solo'd it just now!

I usually feel dirty and cheat using two lives, and would normally just quit a mission if I've been killed... But on this mission I couldn't give a f! I don't think it's possible to make it out of the mansion without dying anyhow.

So true - I had a crack at it myself last night so that I could put my money where my mouth is. Heli got shot down as I killed the target, so I had to put it down in the street outside the side gate (hmm, upon review, this makes out like it was a choice. I'll rephrase - my heli crash-landed in the street outside the side gate). 

Now, I admit I threw a few rockets into the house & yard, but usually the bad guys spawn back pretty quickly, so I figured I had little chance of pulling this off. I jumped out of the wrecked heli and ran for the side gate behind a couple of grenades - miraculously, I made it round to the backyard and got the pic - still no one, so I head back to the gate, thinking that I'm about to pull this off with one life for the first time ever. Round the corner, about 6 guys just appear there with my old friend, Hail of Bullets. 

My point is I agree that getting out again is bloody near impossible - the best way is to have a second guy on the marker at Madrazzo's - that way the mission completes as soon as you snap the photo.

Incidentally, the double-tap totally failed to work properly when I tried to bring up the camera. The irony alone nearly killed me.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users