PS4 or Iphone 6?

22 replies to this topic
Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
  • Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

She want the foreign Bimmer no slow Benz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Starting freshmen year of college and I am in the market for both but I do not know which one I should purchase first. Should I get the Iphone 6 or Ps4. Pro's... cons? Currently have a sh*tty lg smartphone because Metro switched their towers and I was forced to trade in my Galaxy s3 smh. 

android
  • android

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

What do you need the most?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

He doesn't really need any. If the phone gets good service and you're not in a professional field where your phone is an extension of your arm, it's not a necessity. 

If you have the money, get the console. Enjoy it. An iPhone might be nice to play around with for a bit, but there's really not much entertainment to be had with it. And like I said, if your needs for text/voice are met, then you don't need anything else. 

• android and frankenstein107 like this

android
  • android

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

Also consider the fact that the new Nexus phone and the Galaxy Note 4 will be announced/possibly released in September, if you're looking to get a cellular device.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Also consider the fact that the new Nexus phone and the Galaxy Note 4 will be announced/possibly released in September, if you're looking to get a cellular device.

Yar, definitely get a ps4 and go for a new nexus when it comes, value for money, still very powerful easily covering necessities.
  • android likes this

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

PS4, I bought my iPhone 4s on release, and still have it to this day. Never been broke and is rarely used now. It gets used for music now, mainly. Maybe the odd phone call or text. That's due to the fact I'm always on Facebook on the laptop or on Skype and therefore don't really need to contact anyone via the phone. So if you're like me, get the PS4. :)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

PS4 you massive numpty. iPhone 6 is an iPhone 5 with a hat on. Which is the iPhone 4 in suspenders. 

• Pyroshox likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by Flūttershy, 26 August 2014 - 11:27 PM.

Well first of all, you definitely don't want to get an iPhone. Android-based phones offer lots more functionality, customization and entertainment options.

With that out of the way, if you don't have a PS3 or Xbox already then i'd recommend going for a PS4. If you have either of those already, then I'd go with a fancy new smartphone first and let the PS3/Xbox tide you over.

There's lots of great smartphones you can find for under 400 dollars unlocked, such as the Nexus 5, LG G2 and the Xperia Z1. All of these have nearly top-end specs. Compare that to the 600-700 dollars you would likely spend on a ish*t 6.

android
  • android

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Android, 27 August 2014 - 01:16 AM.

Like I said before, the next Nexus phone is releasing soon. It'll probably be within the same price range as the Nexus 5. It's a great phone and it backs a bunch of performance, so either the new Nexus or the Nexus 5 will do for a phone.

The LG G2 has over heating problems. Some devices get too hot, mine had the same problem. I am not entirely sure if the LG G3 fixes this, but I would look into it.

Galaxy Note 4 is releasing, apparently next month. It's rumored to have a 4.7 inch screen, and the iPhone 6 is also being rumored to have the same size.

I don't think the PS4 or Xbox One are worth it, right now. Do not buy one unless you are a big video game player.

If you're gonna get a phone, I'd wait a little longer.

It all comes down to what you need, and not what you want.

• DirtSPP likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

All the people trying to tell him to get an Android, he said, "PS4 or iPhone 6" not, "PS4 or Android phone".

OT: I recommend you wait two weeks until Apple unveils the iPhone 6 that way you'll have all of the details and have a better understanding of what to chose from.

/////
  • /////

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Buy a Benz.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

I'd go for the PS4 to be honest. iPhone's and Apple products in general are always over-priced as hell for god knows what reason. You can get a decent Android phone for a lesser price.

All the people trying to tell him to get an Android, he said, "PS4 or iPhone 6" not, "PS4 or Android phone".

Android is still the much better choice, price-wise.

android
  • android

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by Android, 27 August 2014 - 03:57 AM.

I mean, if he wants an iOS device and not an Android, then go for it. I don't know much about iPhones, though.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

Android is still the much better choice, price-wise.

He didn't ask which device is better valued.

Happpy11
  • Happpy11

League Of Assassins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

Go for the iPhone 6. You won't have enough time to play videogames anyway.
  • SimsDaniel916 likes this

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
  • Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

Buy a Benz.

Ahahaha that's a funny joke. I'm happy with my 03 Dakar Yellow E39 ///m5 not really into ///Amg nice cars though. 

/////
  • /////

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Buy a Benz.

Ahahaha that's a funny joke. I'm happy with my 03 Dakar Yellow E39 ///m5 not really into ///Amg nice cars though.

Bro i wasnt joking, lol. Nah bmw's are also great cars. Always loved the E92 M3's.

TPenterprise
  • TPenterprise

***Leader - WMCC *** ***Lieutenant - SURF***

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by TPenterprise, 28 August 2014 - 10:00 PM.

Apple release the same products every year with a different number beside it. Their products lack innovation and value for money but people buy them because they look nice, feel nice, and it makes the person feel like they're tech savvy + it seems to be a trend to own an iPhone. Over-priced pieces of sh*t if you ask me. Most of the time it's people who have money to spare or people who don't know sh*t about phones/technology who buy an iPhone.

Edit: Just look at the price of a Macbook... Holy sh*t. (If you know anything about computers you'll know they're ridiculously over-priced)

I'd choose the PS4, although mines been gathering dust since I got it there's f*ck all games out for it and I don't have €60 to spend on a game anyway. Personally I'd much rather save the money, sell a few old unused stuff you have and buy a decent gaming PC.

• android likes this

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Galaxy Note 4 is releasing, apparently next month. It's rumored to have a 4.7 inch screen, and the iPhone 6 is also being rumored to have the same size.

Sorry to be "that guy" but I thought I'd clear this up so that OP is better informed. The iPhone 6 is reported to ship with 4.7 and 5.5 variants whereas the Note 4 is going to have 5.7 and very possibly a three-sided model (the screen essentially extends on the the left and right hand sides of the phone. Samsung have demoed it before and it seems pretty cool if not a little gimmicky).

Still, I'll echo all other sentiments here by saying that you'll get far more bang for your buck by going with an Android device. Nevertheless, if you're and iOS guy, then I'd recommend waiting until the full spec list is announced, that way you'll make a better informed decision.
  • android likes this

DirtSPP
  • DirtSPP

Random white dude be everywhere

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

I wouldn't get a PS4 until next year. More AAA games will come out by then and there will be tons of sales where you can snag one on the cheap.

As for phones, the new iPhone is a good choice for someone who needs convenience in a smartphone, even though I would highly, highly recommend an Android (Samsung S5, HTC One M8, LG G3, Nexus 5). But since you're in the market for an iPhone, go for it. It'll be tough adjusting from the customizability of an Android Galaxy S3, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Happy shopping!

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
  • Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

Buy a Benz.

Bro i wasnt joking, lol. Nah bmw's are also great cars. Always loved the E92 M3's.

i feel you bro i like he s class as well.... a gentleman's car. 

• ///// likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Depends, do you really need a new phone? Even though I have a S4, I remember one of my teachers years ago telling us that she doesn't understand why people want to get all these modern phones for.. all of them are for one thing only mainly and that's to contact others, pretty sure any phone can do that and not just the iPhone 6

If you're into gaming and you feel like your PS4 won't be gone to waste this year or next year, go for it.. 

Honestly though coming from someone that has a PS4 and the S4, I'd rather you just save your money for something bigger or much more important.

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
  • Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

I wouldn't get a PS4 until next year. More AAA games will come out by then and there will be tons of sales where you can snag one on the cheap.

As for phones, the new iPhone is a good choice for someone who needs convenience in a smartphone, even though I would highly, highly recommend an Android (Samsung S5, HTC One M8, LG G3, Nexus 5). But since you're in the market for an iPhone, go for it. It'll be tough adjusting from the customizability of an Android Galaxy S3, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Happy shopping!

Exactly thx man. Preciate it. 

Depends, do you really need a new phone? Even though I have a S4, I remember one of my teachers years ago telling us that she doesn't understand why people want to get all these modern phones for.. all of them are for one thing only mainly and that's to contact others, pretty sure any phone can do that and not just the iPhone 6

If you're into gaming and you feel like your PS4 won't be gone to waste this year or next year, go for it.. 

Honestly though coming from someone that has a PS4 and the S4, I'd rather you just save your money for something bigger or much more important.

That's another way to look at it as well. 

• DirtSPP likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users