Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dubsta 6x6 vs Sandking vs Merryweather Mesa

51 replies to this topic

Poll: I want that one, mommy! (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one suits your fancy?

1. 2 wheels move the man, 6 moves the bitch, too. (Dubsta 6x6) (98 votes [64.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.05%

2. Look at Mr. Military Man. (Merryweather Mesa) (19 votes [12.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.42%

3. bc ford. (Sandking) (36 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

I Don't Take The sh*ts, I Just Disturb Them.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

I've had all 3 vehicles at one time or another, and I'm currently on a Mesa. I'm not sure if it's better than the others, so this is where you guys come in. Out of the three, which one do YOU prefer? Neither of these are racing vehicles, so don't tell me which one will "haul ass in a race" because that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for off-road capability and the best looking, and just your opinion. Thanks.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

My preference is the dubsta. 

The Mesa is the worst by far. It's a terrible vehicle that is only good for tipping over. Its very poor off road even compared to a lot of the SUVs. 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

Dubsta.

Nothing gets in the way of my Big Boy...

0_0-175.jpg

• CrysisAverted likes this

Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

I honest to god thought there'd be some debate, I was sadly mistaken.

• livejoker likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

"After the release of the Dubsta 6x6, they should just call the Sandking the 'Sand' "

- Unknown GTA Forums member

• Wayne Daniels, ten-a-penny, Oz70NYC and 9 others like this

Saso70
  • Saso70

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

The merryweather mesa is my favorite off road vehicle besides the Liberator. It looks bad ass and I read a thread somewhere on this forum to lower the suspension one notch to keep it from tipping so much and since I did it handles great. Bought and sold the 6x6 in a month and the sandking is fun but I prefer the mesa.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

o(^▽^)o

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 26 August 2014 - 12:54 AM.

1. Sandking. Lots of clearance/high ride height for better off-road driving and climbing over things.

2. Dubsta 6x6. Fair amount of clearance/ride height. It can go over obstacles off-road, just not as much as the Sandking.

3. Merryweather Mesa. It's an ok off-road vehicle but loves to roll over and doesn't have much clearance/ride height. It's good for regular off-road driving, but can't really compete with the Sandking or Dubsta 6x6.

As for design, customization, and looks/appearance I like them all equally. Now all I need is to get to Rank 100. 10 levels to go. ^_^

rapidwiz
  • rapidwiz

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:56 AM Edited by rapidwiz, 26 August 2014 - 12:59 AM.

I have the Dubsta and Sandking, love them both, but if I had to make a choice will likely be the Dubsta, just like the way it moves and performs, very agile, not to mention it carries 6 people and pretty cool that you can sit at the back.

Dubsta is $250K, Sandking $45K, no brainer if you on budget. Love the Sandking to hide behind as well when shooting, although the Dubsta is just as good for this. 

For the size alone, the Sandking is pretty cool, it's a big beast, I love stepping up into the Sandking, gives that large feeling which is nice.

• sebcreed likes this

Hitman3315
  • Hitman3315

Elitist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Sandking SWB. 

Mesa tips over too much like others have pointed out. While the Dubsta has 6 wheels, can hold 6 people, and has better speed on road, the Sandking can go places (and more importantly, can go over obstacles) that the Dubsta can't.

When it comes to racing, normally all three are useless in the off-road class (Sanchez will demolish them 99% of the time), but I've come across custom races recently that only the Sandking can finish. The Sandking can go deeper in water, hop bigger boulders/barriers, run over cars and wreckage.

I thought the Dubsta 6x6 was awesome at first, but after messing around with a fully modded Sandking again, I also found it way more fun for off-roading.

• rapidwiz likes this

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Liberator.

/thread

Otherwise,

1. Dubsta
2. Sandking
97. Mesa
  • ten-a-penny, dead goon and TheBigMish96 like this

Diiesel
  • Diiesel

Punk Ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Karin Rebel > All

• TCMike likes this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by TCMike, 26 August 2014 - 01:49 AM.

I got all three and enjoy them all.  I think the Dubsta is the best all-rounder, since it's pretty good off-road and the fastest of the three on-road. 

0_0.jpg

Smesi
  • Smesi

Back to TF2

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by Smesi., 26 August 2014 - 01:48 AM.

Bifta_V.jpgVKyU9PT.gif

• This Guy?, Heists, Diiesel and 6 others like this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

I've had all 3 vehicles at one time or another, and I'm currently on a Mesa. I'm not sure if it's better than the others, so this is where you guys come in. Out of the three, which one do YOU prefer? Neither of these are racing vehicles, so don't tell me which one will "haul ass in a race" because that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for off-road capability and the best looking, and just your opinion. Thanks.

Why is this even a poll? There is no competition.

The Mesa is top heavy, mostly RWD and lacks in power.

The SandQueen, is bouncy, top heavy, and lacks in power.

The 6x6 has power, holds 6, can out push both the above mentioned vehicles* (it can even out push the monster truck), and is more of a true performance off-road vehicle then the others.

But when it is all said and done, the Bodhi still beats all.

*Push Test:

Get two vehicles nose to nose with the bumpers touching. Both drivers try to push each other. The more powerful vehicle will win. Think of it as a reverse tug-of-war.

• TheBigMish96 likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

Lambda LPN DTT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

Dubsta 6x6- great power. great climbing. Ok clearance
Sandking- awful power. Good climbing. Great clearance
Merryweather Mesa- ok power. sh*t climbing due to 90-10 AWD. Flips due to stiff ass suspension. Ok clearance.
Bifta- ok on street. Crappy for climbing. Not enough traction
Dune buggy is better than the bifta
  • sebcreed likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

the dubsta 6 is in a league of it own!

its simply a beast on and off the road!
  • rapidwiz likes this

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

Voted Mesa because it's the only one I owned 

Really thinking about getting the 6x6 though.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

The Dubsta 6x6 is the best. The Sandking is the worst. The Mesa won't be ownable.

The Dubsta wins! Yay! This is like a hockey game where the winners would win at 30 to 0.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Sandking all the way. Makes the 6x6 look like a Panto.

• dead goon and teagle like this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

Sandking all the way. Makes the 6x6 look like a Panto.

And what game are you playing? Because with that statement it can't be GTA:O.

• ten-a-penny and TheBigMish96 like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

joe barbaro the best character in mafia 2!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

6x6 all the way its good offroad pretty fast onroad and its the most unique out of the 3 just look at it its a beast. the sandking is ok but i perfer the 6x6. i only drove the mesa once and i didint enjoy it.

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

I prefer the Mesa, although the SK and 6x6 do have it beat in performance they both look idiotic. I'm still hoping for a 2-door Vietnam-era jeep that retains a lot of the Mesa's features but improves on climbing ability and off-roading. A forumer can dream...

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

I prefer the Mesa, although the SK and 6x6 do have it beat in performance they both look idiotic. I'm still hoping for a 2-door Vietnam-era jeep that retains a lot of the Mesa's features but improves on climbing ability and off-roading. A forumer can dream...

The Canis Bodhi is a 1960-70s Jeep M715 Kaiser which was purpose built for the military.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

I have a fully modded gold and chrome painted Sandking XL. That thing can smash trough various dynamic entities.
  • Ninja_Gear, dead goon and This Guy? like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'd go with the Sandking. While the 6x6 is my main vehicle for missions and every day groceries, the Sandking will always be my climbing vehicle (reason why I bought a garage at Paleto so I could be near Mt.Chiliad). The 6x6 feels only powerful when the 4 back wheels are on the ground - which bounces a lot when landing or going fast on bumps. Sure, it has power in the front wheels but the true mechanism is at the back. If you got those 4 back wheels down, it can climb a lot of things that seem impossible. Seats 6 but 2 in the back that can fly out so that's useless if offroading. It's faster than the Sandking and accelerates faster, too (as far as I can tell). Does that matter offroad? Not at all. In an offroad race, maybe, but if you're just climbing stuff it's basically the same. Talking about climbing, the 6x6 has a weird front where it seems lower than what it seems. It grinds against rocks with the bottom front. It doesn't affect it much but it shows how lower this truck is in terms of clearance.

The Sandking has way more clearance, going in deeper water than the 6x6. Get those two front wheels over an edge and chances are you'll pull the truck up. It does like to fly but it doesn't bounce the same way the 6x6 does. The 6x6 seems much heavier yet the Sandking is more predictable (weirdly). You know how the suspension works, if you need to give more gas, if you're giving too much. The Sandking has this direct feedback to all wheels while the 6x6 has this power lag. It goes quick when floored but it takes a bit more when doing precise trigger work. With the water clearance, ground clearance and feeling of being one with the vehicle, the Sandking would be my offroad choice in any situation. You know when you're beat with it, though. You can't climb something with the Sandking, you can easily tell you gotta call it quits. With the 6x6, you're not sure if it can find a way. "Maybe if I push forward when reaching the top....or pushing back to get those wheels quicker on the ground". The 6x6 is a wildcard but the Sandking is the true King.

If you bother about price, rapidwiz (great name, by the way) mentioned the prices. Sandking is the price of a normal truck while the 6x6 is a luxury offroader, much pricier (also unlocked at rank 100). With the mods it has, the Sandking is the choice to go with (6x6 may seem to have more mods but they're not as serious as the Sandking ones). With all that said, my vote is still with the Sandking.

Also, OP wanted some debates. I'll make one right now:

I did not include the Mesa as I think it's the worst offroader. It topples like a fat lady and climbs like a snail sniffing glue - still slow. It's a shame because it's one of the few trucks in the game that looks like a true and fun offroader. If not for its poor performance, I would totally drive it.

• Ninja_Gear, ten-a-penny, dead goon and 3 others like this

Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

Stupid Mesa can't be sold. I already knew about this, but god dammit. 

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

2 wheels move the man, 6 moves the bitch, too. (Dubsta 6x6)

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Dubsta seats most, is the fastest, rank 100 required. Dubsta all the way

Sandking is fun and goes over barriers and boulders can't though.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Bifta_V.jpgVKyU9PT.gif

No no no, BF Injection.   I have one modded up and I've straight up beaten dirt bikes in it.    The BF can freaking float.

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

I like the Dubsta 6x6 but honestly, I enjoy taking my (Clean) Rebel off road the most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users