Furthest sniper kill you seen or had?

93 replies to this topic
Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

On top of the crane above the uncompleted building I got a guy at the far end of the bridge over the Del Perro freeway.

On the Arcadius building I got a bounty off two guys by blowing up their car on the second Del Perro bridge west of the tower with one heavy sniper shot. They were annoyed.

Occasionally you can guess where someone is when they're out of render distance. That takes them by surprise!

rawkus0815a
  • rawkus0815a

Street Hustla

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

My longest distance was about 1,5 - 1,7km (used the map that came with the game to measure the distance) .
Standing on Richard majestic i sniped a tank driver who was near by the shopping mall in the hills North West of los santos.
Even in the scope the tank was really tiny.

I miss sniping tanks. That was great fun. Luckily today tanks are no longer a serious threat... ;)

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Homie

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I've seen a few posts here about how peopla always like to snipe from very tall places.

Sniper 101: Never snipe from thw highest place in the area.

Why? Because that is the most obvious place. People will constantly be looking at that tower or tall building. Trust me.

You might be able to pull off an extremely long shot that way....but it's going to be the only shot you make in a combat situation

You've got a way better overview, while the enemy can only see your head, if zoomed. If he knows your location, you can still jump down to a smaller building. 

Sniper 101: Never run on the streets & on open places. You'll only get countersniped & spawnkilled afterwards.

I got a hit marker on a plane at Mt. Chiliad(sp?) from Maze bank as well.

Bullsh*t.

Crew tested- top of mt chilliad to top of the mountain overlooking ft Zancudo - roughly 2 miles

Bullsh*t.

I sniped a guy from Mount Gordo and he was at Simeons docks.

Bullsh*t.

The shooting distance of the sniper is "only" 1.5 km (0.93 miles)

Wrong.

Look in the game files, and we tested it aswell in 1.14. I doubt it has changed. At one mile, you can't even hit a Cargobob, let alone kill a player. The bullet just resolves itself after 1500m. 

nanderson187
  • nanderson187

KOS-Kill On Sight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by nanderson187, 27 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Back during the days when we were able to tank snipe I was on the black building to the left of Maze Bank sniping a crew of about 5 players who were riding around in tanks causing hell. Some of their buddies wanted to get me down. First I got one as he was taking off from the marina in a buzzard coming towards me and got a second person as he was leaving the marina in a buzzard headed a different direction.                                    Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Epsilon-Tracts-Locati

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users