Furthest sniper kill you seen or had?

105 replies to this topic
Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

On top of the crane above the uncompleted building I got a guy at the far end of the bridge over the Del Perro freeway.

On the Arcadius building I got a bounty off two guys by blowing up their car on the second Del Perro bridge west of the tower with one heavy sniper shot. They were annoyed.

Occasionally you can guess where someone is when they're out of render distance. That takes them by surprise!

rawkus0815a
  • rawkus0815a

Street Hustla

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

My longest distance was about 1,5 - 1,7km (used the map that came with the game to measure the distance) .
Standing on Richard majestic i sniped a tank driver who was near by the shopping mall in the hills North West of los santos.
Even in the scope the tank was really tiny.

I miss sniping tanks. That was great fun. Luckily today tanks are no longer a serious threat... ;)

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I've seen a few posts here about how peopla always like to snipe from very tall places.

Sniper 101: Never snipe from thw highest place in the area.

Why? Because that is the most obvious place. People will constantly be looking at that tower or tall building. Trust me.

You might be able to pull off an extremely long shot that way....but it's going to be the only shot you make in a combat situation

You've got a way better overview, while the enemy can only see your head, if zoomed. If he knows your location, you can still jump down to a smaller building. 

Sniper 101: Never run on the streets & on open places. You'll only get countersniped & spawnkilled afterwards.

I got a hit marker on a plane at Mt. Chiliad(sp?) from Maze bank as well.

Bullsh*t.

Crew tested- top of mt chilliad to top of the mountain overlooking ft Zancudo - roughly 2 miles

Bullsh*t.

I sniped a guy from Mount Gordo and he was at Simeons docks.

Bullsh*t.

The shooting distance of the sniper is "only" 1.5 km (0.93 miles)

Wrong.

Look in the game files, and we tested it aswell in 1.14. I doubt it has changed. At one mile, you can't even hit a Cargobob, let alone kill a player. The bullet just resolves itself after 1500m. 

nanderson187
  • nanderson187

KOS-Kill On Sight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by nanderson187, 27 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Back during the days when we were able to tank snipe I was on the black building to the left of Maze Bank sniping a crew of about 5 players who were riding around in tanks causing hell. Some of their buddies wanted to get me down. First I got one as he was taking off from the marina in a buzzard coming towards me and got a second person as he was leaving the marina in a buzzard headed a different direction.                                    Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Epsilon-Tracts-Locati

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

snipe.jpg

Pretty sure I beat it have to check the scale of the map I used to be sure.

sniper_kill.png

• Red Lynx 23 and Brick Top like this

Bootels
  • Bootels

King

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

I was in the Titan hangar and i sniped someone all the way at the back the entrance.

"XBOX RECORD THAT".

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

The distance wasn't super far per se, but I got a blind luck shot on a lazer pilot across Sandy Shores airfield and it felt damn good. I highly doubt by pure skill alone I could pull off a shot like that again, but it felt amazing watching that one hit kill crash the lazer into the airstrip.

PS-GTAIVplayer
  • PS-GTAIVplayer

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

I found that long distance shots seemed to have a higher chance of success oddly. If at least the car the foe was in, was hit, that player too would be killed. These are players I spot from a hill, whom I can barely see, and just have the name showing.

KlIIUMlNATl
  • KlIIUMlNATl

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

Around Sandy Shores. It was so far, I couldnt even see the player.. I had to "sense" where he was and BOOM headshot ;)

Xenome13
  • Xenome13

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Shot someone in a helicopter while on top of the Maze tower

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

Probably sniping the pilot of the first Savage during Convoy and the helicopter fell into the far end of the Alamo Sea. I'll upload the video to Youtube today. But it's saved in my Xbox Live profile in the meantime.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

Eclipse Towers to Maze Bank is furthest kill I can remember of with a sniper rifle. Furthest AI kill would be Mt. Chiliad to Vinewood Sign. (Savage was just hovering)

thebrianmo
  • thebrianmo

Steel City Saint

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

My 1st was Maze Bank building to LS Customs, then I went for the helipad and then the Vinewood sign. A little lucky guess at the Vinewood sign.

Whitedodge00
  • Whitedodge00

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

I'm sure nobody is going to believe me since everyone says that tank sniping isn't possible, but I killed someone in one. In the construction tower and he was over by the marina/helipad.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Most surprising hit I ever got with the sniper rifle was when a bounty snagged a speeder and headed off out to the sea. I scoped in on him but it was so far away that only the boat was barely seen and it would dissappear the next second. Before it disseappeared I aimed for the drivers seat and managed to get a kill!

I once got sniped out of a Lazer but to my defence I flew kind of slowly (not full throttle) past by the sniper at a quite near distance.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

I'm sure nobody is going to believe me since everyone says that tank sniping isn't possible, but I killed someone in one. In the construction tower and he was over by the marina/helipad.

it was possible for a long time on ps3 and 360. Not really anymore.

My first shot was actually longer than the hospital/high priority case shot.

Just goes as a testiment to how much sniping in this game has gone to sh*t.

How was sniping better on old gen? I don't get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users