Every new title gets hated, and when the next one is released, the old

20 replies to this topic
Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

I remember; back in the days everyone loved the handling of SA and hated on IV, because te cars would steer like boats. Now, people love IV and hate V. When VI comes out, V will be the 'best game evaaah'.
  • vengeancehawk and TaviColen123 like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

you just now figured that out? Its been like that for as long as I can remember...

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Maybe on this Forums but in General V remains a more Liked game than IV. (i Like IV More Myself so no im Not Biased just Realistic) 

• Loosestring and Blennerville like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

You already created another, quite similar topic.

Why the FANS are ruining GTA
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

You already created another, quite similar topic.

Why the FANS are ruining GTA

Yeah, seriously.

If you like V and kissing Rockstar's ass through thick and thin that's your prerogative. 

That holds true for near every game franchise. I have my reasons for liking IV more than V, and even more than SA. If you need to convince yourself I'm only doing so because of some fanboy bandwagon that excuse won't cut it.

• MiamiViceCity, ObsydianRaven, Nonpareil1983 and 2 others like this

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

I have been playing without hating since III.
GTA V is the first GTA I really disliked. When GTA VI arrive, even if it s*cks too, it won't make V any better.
  • ObsydianRaven, Nonpareil1983, Johan and 5 others like this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

I liked GTA IV more than San Andreas when it was released, and that's saying something because I loved San Andreas. If you love GTA V that's fine but don't shrug off everyone who dislikes it by saying it's just because it's new that I and a lot of other users on here hate it. Trust me, when GTA VI is out, I'll hate GTA V just the same as I do now. If GTA VI somehow manages to suck as much as or more than GTA V, then I'll hate both GTA V and VI. Either way I have a laundry list of reasons why I don't like GTA V and none of them are "It's a new game".

Then again, why expect an intelligent post from a guy who said Trevor is the second best GTA protag in the series history because he's "insanely random and funny". 

• MiamiViceCity, jeanrjm and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

Let me say this loud and clear. There's different group of people who hated IV and hated V.

• Nonpareil1983 likes this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:45 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 26 August 2014 - 04:47 AM.

Let me say this loud and clear. There's different group of people who hated IV and hated V.

GTA IV fans appreciate great storylines and amazing atmosphere, GTA V fans like games with purrty graphics, overly simplified gameplay mechanics, awful stories and horribly written characters.

Spoiler

• MiamiViceCity, The_Anti-tragedy, Kampret and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

I liked GTA IV more than San Andreas when it was released, and that's saying something because I loved San Andreas. If you love GTA V that's fine but don't shrug off everyone who dislikes it by saying it's just because it's new that I and a lot of other users on here hate it. Trust me, when GTA VI is out, I'll hate GTA V just the same as I do now. If GTA VI somehow manages to suck as much as or more than GTA V, then I'll hate both GTA V and VI. Either way I have a laundry list of reasons why I don't like GTA V and none of them are "It's a new game".

Then again, why expect an intelligent post from a guy who said Trevor is the second best GTA protag in the series history because he's "insanely random and funny". 

Pretty much this. I don't hate or dislike GTA V, but GTA VI isn't going to influence my opinion on it regardless if it's better or worse. I'll always remember GTA V as a game that fell short of its real potential.

As for everyone loving GTA IV and hating GTA V well I think that's a gross exaggeration. GTA IV still gets mindlessly bashed for being boring, depressing, serious, not having anything to do after the story etc. It might not be as bad as it used to be, but it's something that definitely wasn't wiped clean with GTA V's release.  

I think everyone needs to remember we all have our reasons.for liking/disliking each game. In all the years I've been here genuine bandwagoners are scarce.

• Nonpareil1983, Sergiu and Kampret like this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

Pretty much this. I don't hate or dislike GTA V, but GTA VI isn't going to influence my opinion on it regardless if it's better or worse. I'll always remember GTA V as a game that fell short of its real potential.

As for everyone loving GTA IV and hating GTA V well I think that's a gross exaggeration. GTA IV still gets mindlessly bashed for being boring, depressing, serious, not having anything to do after the story etc. It might not be as bad as it used to be, but it's something that definitely wasn't wiped clean with GTA V's release.  

I think everyone needs to remember we all have our reasons.for liking/disliking each game. In all the years I've been here genuine bandwagoners are scarce.

You could definitely say that us GTA IV fans are a very outspoken minority, the fandom of GTA V here is definitely larger in numbers. Not to mention go off of GTAF and most people who are more or less casual GTA players mindlessly hated on GTA IV like a bunch of drones because it's not San Andreas 2. 

• MiamiViceCity and Kampret like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Let me put it this way:
"Every new..HD .. title gets hated, and when the next one .. ..that puts more efforts into realism.. is released, the ..Old 3D .. games receive even more love and respect"
That's a very important distinction between why all of a sudden, hate has started to become a regular affair, on each GTA release.

Because, during GTA 3, VC, SA releases, I don't think fans had so much heated debates or more hatred towards any, in my opinion, they became very much popular, and well-received among the fans of all types and kinds, for that time.

Enter HD Era, the games set with realistic ambitions, and introduced the feel of change, spread across many underlying gameplay experience, by means of improvements over the past, BUT, more than happy to deny the players a lot of things too.
> IV offers a strong narrative connected with great amount of story missions too. But, beyond that there are some major cuts on what we experienced before, and are hardly anything as interesting to replay.
> V ranks above IV on offering more, but fails to really come up with the content that's really strong and as interesting, thus it really feels so much of a missed opportunity. A totally confused, and bad mixture of unexciting, unexpected and dumbed down version of the series, that makes IV appear a more focused and less disappointing game.

Basically, the increasing desire in the developers to be more realistic, in its offering is actually killing the fun quotient out of the GTA, thus becoming more difficult to practically enjoy the game with much focus and concentration ( thanks to online )
  • MiamiViceCity, MetalMilitia89, Blennerville and 1 other like this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

It's a perspective thing... for real. In this forum, there is a huge criticism for V (some people maybe have huge hatred towards V), but in this forum, at least GTA V fans agree on the weak points of the game. In another GTA forum I hang out at, GTA V is followed as the best GTA ever... no questions asked. I remember when I criticized GTA V comed out, by watching walkthrough videos, people became angry monkeys on my back. Even if you touch on the weak story and characters on this way, the reaction is the same. Sorry, but V's characters were much more boring and flat compared to well-developed characters of IV... and IV's story has offered a lot of different sights, while V's missions evolved simply around taking scores and being gimp for the FIB. Look... I'm not getting V down because I like IV more, but it's a straight truth. V should offer a more concerned open-world philosophy, but I guess V was a bit weak on reflecting it. I don't hate V, but unlike some of people think, Rockstar wasn't divine, while doing this game, and this game is obviously not God's work. People should stop get hopped up on this, I think.

• Zello likes this

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Erm, you can't really say that because the GTA VI will probably be packed with sh*t because it will have more capabilities due to it being on the next gen. So, it really depends on what they do for it. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:16 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 26 August 2014 - 11:17 AM.

It's a forum myth that can never be solved and I don't think it ever will be.

• Zello and Kafonix like this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Different people will have different opinions. This place isn't one person who changes his/her mind on the fly. You'll find forum members who like AND dislike this game with their own personal reasons.

• MiamiViceCity and Zello like this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 26 August 2014 - 02:00 PM.

People aren't a hivemind, but it is a noticeable effect.

I remember before IV was even announced, plenty of people hated SA for various reasons (atmosphere not as good, map too large, whatever, and that VC is still the king), and when IV came out SA suddenly became the coolest GTA ever. V came out, liking GTA IV has become the instant way to get respect here.

This happens with other games as well. I'm a fan of the Zelda series, now I wasn't there on the web when Wind Waker was released but a lot hated its change to the new cartoony style and demanded something realistic. Then the realistic Twilight Princess came out, and fans were reminiscing how great the cel shaded style was.

So it's an effect you can't stop.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Things like that happen for every game. hell, when max payne 3 was being announced i heard about r* finding another voice actor, so i didn't buy it. a year later a friend of mine brought it up to me that james mccaffrey was still the voice actor for max. I still play it to this day.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ye should go on the MGSforums.

Somehow MGS2 went from not being great to now where it is hailed as the best thing since sliced bread - some nonsense like it very relevent now with its post-modernism and genes/memes and Kojima is a genious because he could see all this back in 2001, he could see the future.....bla bla bla....etc.

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

I can see your point, I'm not a V fanboy, god no. I think V was an average game (still loads better than this Watch Dogs crap!), but IV was loaaaaaads better. I just wanted to understand why it's always the newest title that recieves the most hate.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

I can see your point, I'm not a V fanboy, god no. I think V was an average game (still loads better than this Watch Dogs crap!), but IV was loaaaaaads better. I just wanted to understand why it's always the newest title that recieves the most hate.

Seriously, I'm fairly sure a lot of people gave a pretty good reason to why new titles receive hate. It sounds to me like people get so adjusted to the previous title, that they believe the next game will be the same (on the basics) and have a lot more added, but instead a lot changes. Games grow on people if they learn to appreciate them.

I didn't really like IV when it came out, but after replays, cop chases, hearing more dialogue, getting the general feel of the game, etc. it became what Grand Theft Auto V is to me now (the only game I've played on Xbox the past year). I still love IV, because of how deep everything is and because it was the first HD GTA. Remember how mind-blowing that was?!

It's based off of opinion, you either learn to love it over its lifespan, or you don't give it chance whatsoever.

Basically

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users