Photo

Antagonist voice role

14 replies to this topic
MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Gay Tony's Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by MotelGuy, 26 August 2014 - 05:30 AM.

I honestly prefer to play the role of the main antagonist in a GTA game rather the the protagonist(s). Anyone out there think the same?
I can see that a lot of you are confused. I'm talking about VOICE ACTING. NOT playing as the character with a game controller. Like, Samuel L. Jackson voicing Tenpenny, and Moti Margolin voicing Rascalov.

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

but surely if you play as the Antagonist that makes him the Protagonist. 

• theGTAking101, Drunken Cowboy, dreadluxx and 1 other like this

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Gay Tony's Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

but surely if you play as the Antagonist that makes him the Protagonist. 

No, I mean the villain. Rascalov, Tenpenny, etc. In case you didn't know, I'm talking about voice acting.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

Not sure what you're actually saying here. But all protagonists so far have been villains.

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Gay Tony's Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Not sure what you're actually saying here. But all protagonists so far have been villains.

Technically. But, the correct term is anti-hero. But, I'm reffering to the, main word, THE, antagonist. The character that, in the story, is the guy who opposes the main character.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

So you want to play a game where the main character opposes the main character?

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

If you're talking about wether I'd rather have played as Dimitri or Tenpenny instead of Niko or CJ, the answer is no.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

You can't play as the main antagonist. He's not the antagonist anymore.

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

LOL... What an antagonising question

Voice acting sounds like fun... But you sort of need acting experience / training for that, charisma, and a suitable voice. Unless you've been in a mainstream movie in which case you just need to show up wearing pants.

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Gay Tony's Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

LOL... What an antagonising question

Voice acting sounds like fun... But you sort of need acting experience / training for that, charisma, and a suitable voice. Unless you've been in a mainstream movie in which case you just need to show up wearing pants.

Of course I need acting experience/training. I have the charisma, suitable voice, and personality to do it. I just need the training. But hell, it's a video game. All you need to do is add some feeling to your voice when you talk on the microphone. You don't need to make any body movements, or make your face look like your angry, evil, sadistic, etc. like on TV and film.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дредлоксъ

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

I liked Samuel L Jackson voicing Tenpenny, mostly because Samuel L Jackson is a good actor who is usually always the antagonist in movies and he does the job well - something in his charisma is intimidating.  Fit for an antagonist.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Oooh you mean play as in act? I thought you meant play as in play the game lol...

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

i always dreamed about voicing atleast a 3-mission character in GTA.

sounds weird when you're hearing yourself in a game.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

You don't need to make any body movements, or make your face look like your angry, evil, sadistic, etc. like on TV and film.

You'd be surprised. There are many voice actors who get very involved in the role and it seems to make the performance significantly better. There are videos around of voice actors being filmed while saying their lines and sometimes they stand up, move their hands, and bare suitable facial expressions for the emotion they're expressing. Sure you don't NEED to do this stuff but I just don't feel like you can get the same kind of effect if you're just saying lines with a straight face and little to no movement. Immersing yourself in the situation makes it so much more fantastic and real. :ph34r: :ph34r:

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by RandomStunt, 28 August 2014 - 04:56 PM.

You don't need to make any body movements, or make your face look like your angry, evil, sadistic, etc. like on TV and film.

You'd be surprised. There are many voice actors who get very involved in the role and it seems to make the performance significantly better. There are videos around of voice actors being filmed while saying their lines and sometimes they stand up, move their hands, and bare suitable facial expressions for the emotion they're expressing. Sure you don't NEED to do this stuff but I just don't feel like you can get the same kind of effect if you're just saying lines with a straight face and little to no movement. Immersing yourself in the situation makes it so much more fantastic and real. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've read somewhere that Steve Ogg voiced in his underwear to stay in Trevor's character(Angry and Creepy)

somewhere here:http://www.imdb.com/...t2103188/trivia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users