Content Creator Wishlist

168 replies to this topic
And Spy Was Cow
  • And Spy Was Cow

Clean Player

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Oh, and also to get rid of the 5 vehicle type limit.
  • atheistsw and Pastry like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Is that still present on new-gen?
  • slvrcobra likes this

And Spy Was Cow
  • And Spy Was Cow

Clean Player

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Yes. In my most recent deathmatch, I had to remove boats just for more diversity in parking lots. It's the most annoying problem I face...

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Yes. In my most recent deathmatch, I had to remove boats just for more diversity in parking lots. It's the most annoying problem I face...

It's pretty bs. You'd think they could solve this on new-gen.

atheistsw
  • atheistsw

Currently Coveting Creativity

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

Fantastic complilation of ideas! The content creator can be so much better if even just a quarter of the suggestions were implemented in future patches. My hope is that once rockstar finally gets the heists out the door they'll give the creator more love because right now it's just a load of squandered potential and it's frustrating for those of us that actually want to push it to its limits and make innovative and complex jobs. Some of the restrictions are just stupid (no airport/zancudo access, restricted interiors, 5 vehicle limit) while other suggestions to improve are more than valid and I hope to see them added at a future date.

I'd like to suggest a Last Man Standing variation of the LTS game mode, so it's an all-on-all battle to the death and also the ability to add many more vehicles in races, lots of potential one-make series cannot be accomplished because the vehicles are not selectable. Things like Penumbra, Zion, Stratum, Futo would all be nice additions to the roster.

I very much support the ability to lock the allowed custom vehicles in races and the owned weapons in deathmatches, hate off-road racing unbalanced by Sanchez use or owned DM's nothing but explosives and assualt shotguns. :-( Also, they need to create some new vehicle categories, 'Tuner' for those vehicles in between coupe and sports (Buffalo, Futo, Sultan et al) and 'Racecars for the vastly superior race versions of the Massacro and Jester with more to be likely added in future.

Prop placement in the creator is frustrating at times, particularly when the ground is not level or existing objects are in the way. I'd like the ability to remove dynamic props already on the map (rocks, fences, indestructible bushes, lamp posts etc) and also a more forgiving placement method that allows precision placement for both horizontal and vertical positioning. Also, when using the prop height mode, stop it from resetting the height by snapping to other nearby placed props or surfaces, allow me as the creator to manually choose the height of my chosen prop, this will make lining up things like platforms much, much easier and far less frustrating. Finally, stop certain props from requiring obscene hitboxes to place, the two trees in the 'Plants & Rocks' section look nice, but usually the only way to place them is to glitch them into the map because their hitbox area is so vast. And of course, many of these new props (bushes, fallen trees, that large stairs and gas tanks combo in machinery) are not even snapped to the ground level, so they float weirdly in play and frankly, look rubbish.

Finally finally, I'd like the ability to set a starting wanted level in gta races, right now the only way to start a race with a wanted level is by starting in either the prison or military base (extremely restrictive at that) or by jump into then jumping out of them mid-race to obtain the four-star wanted level. I'd like an option similar to that which you get in capture mode where you can set a maximum and starting wanted level to tailor the police response as you choose. And last but not least, I'd love to see the return of the ability to race with buses, trucks and emergency vehicles like in GTA IV.

Oh, and bring back 'cops & crooks', Zorvaine is doing a stellar job of recreating the madness using the limited capture creator, but an official game mode would be hugely appreciated, was always my favourite mode in Liberty City. :-)

• stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:26 PM Edited by stronktank, 24 January 2015 - 12:10 AM.

Major clean up of the OP. Good stuff guys, good stuff.

EDIT: This might be the best addition yet. Kudos to Zorvaine

TOP SUGGESTIONS - GENERAL

• Removing the (BETA) text from the Creator was a bad idea
  • mikezilla2 likes this

And Spy Was Cow
  • And Spy Was Cow

Clean Player

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

You'd think they could solve this on last-gen too...

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

You'd think they could solve this on last-gen too...

It takes up more performance to load different models at the same time(instead of multiple of one model). So I can kinda understand it on last-gen. Though maybe it could still handle like 8-10 if the traffic was turned off.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

• (DM Creator) When forced to Smoke Grenade it forces Sticky Bomb and when forced to Sticky Bomb it forces Smoke Grenade!!? (PS4)
  • mikezilla2 likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Would be interesting to see an option for adding more health to NPCs. Not sure if R* would do it though since it's kinda unrealistic.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Would be interesting to see an option for adding more health to NPCs. Not sure if R* would do it though since it's kinda unrealistic.

Just play any Online mission. Its in the game for sure, and R* obviously wouldn't hesitate to add it in like they have before.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

top stuff guys lets hope some of this finds its way in to the next update :)

theblackside
  • theblackside

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

We need more smaller props rockstar not to mention adding more interiors and we need more dynamic props with some variety also fix the rocks and trees section...

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Didnt read the entire wishlist but in case it hasnt been mentioned:

Speed limit, slow down, ramps ahead, stop, and yield signs.

I also have another idea/wish but i think it deserves its own thread. If its locked, ill repost it here.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

Created a new topic on the R* support, as the previous one was 4 months old,...

https://support.rock...from-GTAF-2015-

And Spy Was Cow
  • And Spy Was Cow

Clean Player

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

More suggestions:

Last Team Standing: Most of the suffestions for deathmatches that are applicable for LTS

Tutorial for Capture and LTS

Ability to spawn Stun Gun and Railgun (possibly having them removed from inventory if Owned + Pickups is on)

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:46 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 01 February 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Ability to have actors try to ram/run over you with their car.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

That already happens, its called "GTA Online: Free Roam mode".

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

That already happens, its called "GTA Online: Free Roam mode".

Sure, but I don't like how enemy NPCs in this game usually get out of their car to confront you even if they're unarmed and you're on-foot.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hi guys.
I've been searching YouTube & here for a PS3 glitch to get the homing missile launcher into my deathmatches, does anyone know how that works please?

I'm creating an Air VS Ground troops deathmatches and the Jets are too OP against the regular weapons.

My last option would be to allow players to use their own weapon set, which is going to be costly for the ground team!

Cheers

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

More props in general would be great, but I'd particularly like ones that help me restore single-player levels of detail to the game. That is, add back in the details that are shaved out for online.

The most common missing element is garbage. Small trash cans, garbage bags, empty boxes, (not the big pallets or crates, just a small stack of empty boxes). When you start casing out certain areas of the map to take note of the details you want to add back in, it's amazing how much garbage there is in the game (heh) and how much this contributes to it looking like a real, lived in city.

Road signs are another big one. We already have so many signs in the prop selector, this would basically just be reskinning/palette swaps. No reason for us not to be able to add back all the street signs from SP that are removed.

Others are parking meters and fire hydrants, which I imagine would have to be dynamic props. Outdoor tables and chairs would be nice too.

• PhoGarrett likes this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:09 AM Edited by dillono, 10 February 2015 - 04:51 AM.

Sorry if this might of been said before, but here goes nothing:

How about a GTA IV-like slider in deathmatches and captures for the weapon tiers? Excluding special weapons such as health or armor, those'll be default.

Stuff like this-

Small Weapon Tier - Pistol, Combat Pistol, Molotov, Sawed-off Shotgun, Knife, SMG

Medium Weapon Tier - Assault Rifle, Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Pump Shotgun, Carbine Rifle

High Weapon Tier - AP Pistol, Sticky Bomb, RPG, Advanced Rifle, Combat MG, Heavy Shotgun

Or a customized weapon placement made by the creator him or herself.

• DAMND and slvrcobra like this

calambos
  • calambos

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

I've read the support post, plenty of great ideas! 

Don't know if it it's of any use now, but i'll give some of my ideas anyway:

-race lap checkpoints should be of different color

-ability to place props on uneven surfaces (it's possible with glitching, but if you try to put a container on a slope it doesn't let you, even if it aligns)

-being able to exit vehicles in GTA race creator

-option to set deathmatch spawn system to random (when you die in deathmatches or TDMs you spawn close to your team or relatively close to your opponents, what often causes large-scaled matches to be taking place only in one area)

-addition of basic scalable props like concrete walls, fences, etc

I hope i dodn't repeat anything from the list.

Suggestions to the support post:

When it comes to buoys on ground, stacking and so on, it's all glitching. Even if it's not game braking in any way or harmful to anyone, R* doesn't allow these things for a reason and before we start demanding some things we should first hear what they have to say on the subject. I glitch props myself, it gives you so much posibilities, and if we are to talk with R* I think we should ask them to make it an actual feature if anything than say things like "let us glitch again!".

Last man standing just doesn't make sense as would make for a very unbalanced mode. Especially if you think of all the campers out there...

• stronktank likes this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

I've always hated the limitations of the Forced+Pickups weapon lock, in that any match where you want to have a variety of weapons available forces you to either pile them at the starting points or force players to scavenge for them.

I would replace (or supplement) that mode with a "Locked Inventory" model where you'll start with a specific inventory set by the creator; i.e. Heavy Sniper with X ammo, Combat Pistol with Y ammo and Z number of Grenades. And then the same kind of mechanic that gives you ammo for your locked weapon every time you die could replenish ammo for *all* of these weapons (the amounts should be available for the creator to tweak as well).

I've never really found much use for the Forced Only weapon mode at all, and wouldn't mind if they scrapped it completely. Or just gave us choices on the hosting screen for multiple different "locked inventory"/loadout options, with one single weapon being one option.

• Pastry, stronktank and slvrcobra like this

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:15 AM

Some of the weapons (mostly power weapons) on my deathmatch creation have been replaced with pistols. it's weird because there's an area of the arena where I put two snipers each on opposite parking lot roofs but now one on each side has changed into a pistol like the game has balanced it or something. Is it a glitch or possibly something else?

• Pastry likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

@Gregers, this should be in the question & answers topic but I think the problem is you should change the settings to forced+pickups and not just to forced?

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:47 PM Edited by Gregers08, 14 February 2015 - 11:49 PM.

@Gregers, this should be in the question & answers topic but I think the problem is you should change the settings to forced+pickups and not just to forced?

I always set it to forced+pickup (GTAIV nostalgia). Most of the weapons are where they should be apart from some power weapons like a missing grenade launcher an RPG and the sniper rifles I mentioned earlier. I would have put it down to a glitch with power weapons converting to pistols but the grenade launcher that is the hardest weapon to reach on the map is still there like certain weapons had been selectively changed.

I'll try the questions and answers though thanks for the suggestion :^:

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

Loaded a published DM

Edited it

Clicked "update"

Get a bullsh*t "cloud servers unavailable" message.

I see nothing has improved around here. 

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

I would like to have the "FIB" peds back under cops and army, but without replacing them with IAA this time and keeping both the agencys in the creator. A free for all LTS mode in the creator would be nice too. Also remove inf health from the LTS and Capture creators and make ot an option like the deathmatches.

Remove the 5 vehicle limit and add more peds and vehicles to thecreator that were already missing. Weapons from Updates like High Life, Buisness, Collectors Edition and Beach Bum would be great. More gamemodes in the creator. Would be har to make but worth it.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

I know this may be covered by the restricted areas but can a separate point be made so that the main International Airport can be made unrestricted. I know Fort Zancudo will always remain off limits but if we had access to the commerical airport and it's vast expanses of FLAT tarmac there will be no limit on what can be made there. 

Races in any configuration, crazy captures, huge vehicle deathmatches. Rockstar have already made jobs in that area so the game can handle the mechanics, we just need the permission to use it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users