Photo

High School Days or College/Uni Days?

22 replies to this topic
BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

This is just a simple question of what in your opinion are the better days of your life? Its always said to be the days of high school but I cant see myself looking back on high school and describing it as that, I honestly think I might ofenjoyed Primary/Elementary better.

I'm hoping to go to uni next year and do a course in maybe broadcasting, hotel/tourism management or maybe journalism which I will enjoy. Many people I've met say they enjoyed their college/uni days better for various reasons like adulthood and sh*t and the freedom of being able to do "things" that you couldn't do during your high school days. I honestly think university days are better but I won't truly know till I get there

Which days did you like better? Or think you'll like better?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

My entire senior year in high school was my best year of school. I loved all my teachers, my classes were piss easy, I volunteered in the textbook room and I got out of my shell and made a few friends.
  • Failure and Palikari like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Uni...  for a lot of reasons.

Studying things you actually care about alone makes it better than High School by a long shot.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'm in college right now. I prefer college way more than high school. High school was a clusterf*ck, I went to one of the better inner-city schools in this city but it still had financial and overcrowding issues, as well as drug problems. I had a few classes full of nothing but the problem kids, and I think I got an A in one of them just because I didn't f*ck around or bother the teacher. I have good and bad memories from each year, but I think senior year was the best one.

Meanwhile, in college, what I study actually goes towards what I want to do as a career. And the hours are much better, my classes don't last all day long.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

I haven't gone to either and probably won't go to either, so my answer is neither. :p

• glass pipe likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

1-4 grade (elementary school): I don't remember much, but I remember that I was a bit unpopular. All the other kids knew each other already since they all lived nearby, but I managed to get some friends, and one of those friends is my best friend today.

5-7 grade (rest of elementary school): I suddenly got more popular so I also got more friends. We had a really good class, almost everyone hanged out with each other, so it was a great time.

8-10 grade (junior high/middle school): Every year in middle school was different, probably because of puberty and hormones. Some times I was social, some times not. Some times I was happy, some times not; but these three years has been really important to me. This may have been the best time of my life, at least until now.

11-13 grade (high school): I started 11th grade last week so can't say much about it. I'm not looking forward to all the school work I have to do.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm in my last year of high school, and I gotta say...high school really sucks. I definitely wont be looking back and talking about how the high school years were the best years of my life. I don't know what the college years hold for me, but I sincerely hope they're better than the sh*t past 4 years I've gone through. I mean, I'll try to keep somewhat of an open mind, maybe there's a slim chance this last year of high school will end up being a decent one, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. 

• TheUnholy likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by Palikari, 24 August 2014 - 07:23 PM.

When I was in high school I hated it, as most of the people of my class were morons (with exception of the last year, when most were good) and I didn't like the teachers. I also had a lot of exams and I had to study a lot of subjects that I didn't like or wouldn't need in my life. Despite this, in high school I spent the best moments of my life; I grown up there. In high school I met the ones who are my best friends now and will be during the rest of my life, the friends I meet with every week. I met my first girlfriend in high school, too. I miss high school, I want to be a teenager, a high school student again. My last year there was AMAZING. I have a lot of great memories from high school. I also miss great people I met there and some teachers that helped me a lot when I needed it.

Now I am at the university, and I study what I wanted to, what I like. But I feel I'm becoming older, I feel that I have more responsibility now. And I don't like that.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by Waldie, 24 August 2014 - 05:18 PM.

High school. Not that I particularly enjoyed it or anything - given the choice I would probably have stayed at home, but I do kind of miss the banter.

I didn't enjoy University at all and I dropped out after a year. Maybe because I didn't really experience much of the social sides of uni. I wasn't even old enough to drink for most of the first year. Besides, pretty much everyone in my classes were a bunch of nerds which, while I don't have anything particular against, I found it hard to fit in when people were making f*cking binary jokes. Also I hated the commute but I didn't want to leave home yet.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

You have fewer worries at school, but my 4 years at University were the best years of my life. The freedom and opportunities of adulthood, with the care-free security of full-time education. Perfect.

• Tyler and Palikari like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

My freshman year of high school was a blast and it was super easy. Last year was mediocre but only because it was super boring. I can't say much about this school year as it doesn't start until tomorrow. But so far high school is pretty chill. I hope my university years will be a bit more fun.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

I can't say schooling was the best time in my life (come to think of it I've had a pretty tough time all around between health problems and when I was I'm school I was bullied a lot because of it.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

I actually really miss the crazy good times we had throughout high school.
  • Palikari likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by gtamann123, 24 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

High school in general was a cake walk. Go to school. Sleep through about 75% of the class and listen to only the important parts. Take the test. Get an A. Repeat for 5 more classes a day for 4 years. 

Wish I could go back. 

• Palikari likes this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

Never thought I'd say this but I miss high school- I hate uni so so much
  • Palikari likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 27 August 2014 - 12:34 AM.

When I lay down on my back in the future, I won't probably say to myself that my highschool years were perfect, actually highschool was sh*t, except for the first year. Now, I'll start my second year in the university by the end of this month, although my first year in the university didn't mean too much to me, it was better than the general total of the highschool years... highschool years were more exciting, but at the same time more sh*ttier. My first year in the highschool was perfect, even better than I imagined. All my classmates were fun to chat. We were generally nice to each other, but we had our fair share of being naughty. Moreover, my first year in the highschool included my first and most extended experiences on dating... I've dated with three girls during that year, but to mention, those experiences were crappy. I'll probably seek out my first year in the highschool with candlelight, but the three years after them... sh*t at its best. I've gone to FL section which was full of useless bastards who just came there because there is no Maths. We were five males in the class, the guys had their share of fun, but they were generally big milkshake douchebags, with the right definition. My first year with these d-bags was not that bad, although they were busters without a clue, like I said, we could have fun. However, the next two years were sh*t, when their douchy sides become more dominant... and in the end, I ended up splitting from them, just kept my friendship with one of them who was actually a good guy. Sometimes they bullied me, but eventually I found my way to stop them from doing so... give them a taste of their own medicine. So, although I liked my first year in the highschool very much... and missing it sometimes, in general I won't be missing highschool too much.

• Palikari likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

I loved my Sophomore year in high school i only had four classes out of nine for the whole year so i had 5 free periods which gave me a lot of freedom to goof off and have A LOT of fun one of our periods my g/f now ex wife and i were put in control of working the school store (i.e. selling notebooks, pens and ect) and when it was closed the split door was closed and we locked it and she and i would have some " naughty fun" and nobody had a clue and we almost got caught by the janitor one time she was naked from the waist down and she hid behind a stack of boxes and you could only see from the tummy up and all he had to do was take two or three steps and he would've seen everything but we got lucky but it didn't stop us.

Senior year was decent enough but i didn't get to finish my senior year in the school because of health problems i had to finish my senior year at home and it was boring but i still got to do all the senior stuff.

i took 8 years of university I'd say my most favorite was my Junior year in my first four years, I didn't do any drinking since i really can't because of health issues but i still had a lot of fun my most favorite was my senior year when i was going for my graduate degree and the highlight was walking across that stage and it hit me that i had gone to school for over 23 years and walking across that stage for the last time was bittersweet and well worth the tears and pain i went through just to walk that stage and made it all worth it.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Founder/C.E.O. of the Kool Kidz Klub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

University is better. You have so many freedoms and choices to make. There's the ability to choose your classes and set up your schedule. Plus, the whole "social hierarchy" of high school is (mostly) gone.

Plus there's no dress code and girls wear those spandex shorts all of the time, so yeah.

• Miamivicecity likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:21 AM

To me even though you have more freedom in College, the high school years have a lot of great moment, especially on senior year.

• Palikari likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

Its always said to be the days of high school but I cant see myself looking back on high school and describing it as that, I honestly think I might of enjoyed Primary/Elementary better.

There´s lot of research on this topic, and most people agree that childhood and early teens are the best period of life.

It´s logic, because You don´t have any pressure or worries. Remember how days passed when You were kid? Continuous dream-like flow.

Later as You grow up, the worries and realities of life kill your dreams.You start to see through all the sh*t, how this system really works.

I think that´s why comedians are tragic. They are seeking after that inner child without any worries. Sometimes You get a longer flow, but You´ll come fast back on hard soil.

• gtamann123 and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

Well, I'm in college right now, and my first year was absolutely amazing. I hope this year will be just as good.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Sixth form was best. So I guess that's last high school years in the US?

To be fair neither of them were as good as work.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 28 August 2014 - 03:27 PM.

Out of those my first two years of high school were the best, and the second was the better of the two. Mostly I really liked my Geography and World History teacher. He reminded me of my dad before I started getting sick of my dad, and he always smelled like coffee which was a bonus! I also took a few interesting classes that made me like going to school. :)

Haven't been to college, so I can't say, but I suspect I'd have a good time there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users