Help me petition Rockstar to fix this!

21 replies to this topic
Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

https://support.rock...6-via-quickjob-

I have submitted this question to Rockstar support, and I'm sure most of you agree this has been a real problem.  It needs to be fixed right away.  Help me by singing into Rockstar Support and bumping this thread.

LehPhatGer-bear
  • LehPhatGer-bear

Instagram @PlatinumBrosGaming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Virus. Lol.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Virus. Lol.

If so, then about 80% of people that play this game have it.  

LehPhatGer-bear
  • LehPhatGer-bear

Instagram @PlatinumBrosGaming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

No, I meant the link. xD Hahaha!! 

It's not though. I bravely made sure.

• Kazandra likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:07 AM Edited by wanes, 24 August 2014 - 07:09 AM.

1.14 Patched the freezing issues i had, guess i know where it all went.

OT: this annoyed the f*ck out of me when i wanted to unlock the burning heart tattoo in deathmatches.

Rick Daddy
  • Rick Daddy

What's a Noob?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

Virus. Lol.

I remember "back in the day" when gta forums was still young they had a lot of people posting links to things like that....I still have nightmares from one I accidentally clicked on...

• LehPhatGer-bear likes this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

I hear you Kazandra. 

I am continually being stuck in the sky cam and dropping from other players in both Public Sessions and during Jobs (which I see as stripped down Invite Only Sessions). Sure I used to freeze in the Hard Freezing days, but even then I rarely dropped from Jobs once they had commenced. Right now it is a 50/50 chance I can complete them...unplayable is the appropriate word.

• Kazandra likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 AM Edited by Kazandra, 24 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

LOL  Look at the response I got from them on their site!!!

PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING IT!   EVEN ROCKSTAR

Even if they fixed this for me only (which they can't because all my hardware, including my router, is running smoothly and is up-to-date)......I WOULD STILL BE WAITING IN LOBBIES FOR OTHERS STUCK IN JOINING STATUS.

Anyone who has played this game since 1.14 knows this is a f*cking plague.  Why doesn't anyone understand this???  My router is woking fine for EVERYTHING except GTA when I try to join quickjobs.

It's lonely at the top.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Oh look! Someone thinks R* gives a flying f*ck about petitions 

Your poor soul

• MilezDawg and sultangris like this

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

lol gotta love rockstar generic response. And that's only the first tier of support.

personally I don't have this issue because I don't join quick jobs. I hope they rectify this though. It seems silly that this is still an issue.

• Kazandra likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Oh look! Someone thinks R* gives a flying f*ck about petitions 

Your poor soul

Ha!  Better than thinking anyone gives a f*ck here.

• Static likes this

HKM87
  • HKM87

Japanese cars are boring

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:41 AM Edited by HKM87, 24 August 2014 - 07:41 AM.

There are three technical factors to this problem:

1- Internet connection issue: internet connection (disconects) for few seconds (that happens to most of us)

2- Software issue: the game itself; upon the above issue, it can't reconnect; results in freezing (R* can work on that)

3- Hardware issue: either PS3 or XB360, these decade old machines have their limitation on their modem and internet connection.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

There are three technical factors to this problem:

1- Internet connection issue: internet connection (disconects) for few seconds (that happens to most of us)

2- Software issue: the game itself; upon the above issue, it can't reconnect; results in freezing (R* can work on that)

3- Hardware issue: either PS3 or XB360, these decade old machines have their limitation on their modem and internet connection.

No...no .... and no.

It only happens when I try to join missions via quickjob.....and like I said, I have seen others stuck on joining status in lobbies I joined right away.

This is a new problem. I had no difficulty joining missions before 1.14.

You forgot to add the 4th issue: Creating an update that adds game breaking bugs.

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

I have more or less given up on X360 version ever being ok.

I was very happy that the freezing stopped for me (1.14). But after that being fixed with next patches instead have to deal with more and more connection issues, lag, glitches and overall a even less playable game.

My only hopes now goes to XBOX ONE. I havent even planned to get it, but if the game is much better. With more content, better graphics and stable play, then I will have to get it. I love the GTA series. I play it more or less every day until the next one comes out. GTA V have been very buggy so far. Any other game having this much bugs and glitches I would have dropped along time ago.

GTA IV didnt have close to this much problem. On IV it was mostly the players themself destroying multiplayer by modders terrorising the sessions.

Its so wrong to say solution is buy new generation but myself I truly feels this version is beyond saving.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

I will give it to you OP. You have heart and wanting this fix. But I don't see Rockstar fixing this bug. :/ 

• Kazandra likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

I will give it to you OP. You have heart and wanting this fix. But I don't see Rockstar fixing this bug. :/ 

Sadly...neither do I. I actually think they are aware of the skycam bug but don't know how to fix it, and that's why they added the "join on call" option.

They didn't know how to fix the issue so they allowed us to have the option to see how long it was taking for us to load into a mission from free roam.

IT'S A COVER-UP.

Seriously though. ... it is. I hate this bug

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Sadly...neither do I. I actually think they are aware of the skycam bug but don't know how to fix it, and that's why they added the "join on call" option.

They didn't know how to fix the issue so they allowed us to have the option to see how long it was taking for us to load into a mission from free roam.

IT'S A COVER-UP.

Seriously though. ... it is. I hate this bug

Your not the only one who has this bug. 2 of my crew mates have this problem too and they sent the problem to Rockstar via email. Still haven't got that sh*t fixed yet. 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:15 AM Edited by Odesza, 24 August 2014 - 09:15 AM.

They want you to create a ticket so they can bump it up through the ladder to someone that can provide more in-depth support for your issue, if it is a truly game breaking bug they will acknowledge it and fix it.  Until they come to that conclusion they will continue to troubleshoot your problems before pulling more/higher up people in on the issue.

This is the job of support techs/systems, it's not just Rockstar.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

hold L1 and R1 when you start the game until you see the set brightness screen, that fixes that bug. temporarily at least.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Before they fix this could you tell them that when I pull out my phone:

I DONT WANT TO TAKE A FACKING SNAPMATIC PIC! 

It is really irritating, I pull out my phone to call a quickly-timed airstrike and start taking pictures of the f*cking floor! 

• sultangris likes this

fulgore1973
  • fulgore1973

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Good luck with getting anybody from R* to give a f*ck about this problem. I submitted a ticket around early July and the advice I got was about as useful as a chocolate fire-guard. Like yourself, everything was fine up until around patch 1.13. All of these connection problems have made me come to pretty much hate GTA Online, every time I hit that A button to try and start a quick job I expect the worst, now. 

F*ck R*. All they care about is fixing money exploits so the greedy f*ckers can try to sell their shark cards. Shelve the game for a month or two like I'm gonna do. I have plenty of free gold games I've downloaded over the past few months as I'm sure others have. Maybe if enough of us, the ones with constant connection problems, did this then maybe R* would finally take notice. I doubt it though.

• Fearx-- likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Good luck with getting anybody from R* to give a f*ck about this problem. I submitted a ticket around early July and the advice I got was about as useful as a chocolate fire-guard. Like yourself, everything was fine up until around patch 1.13. All of these connection problems have made me come to pretty much hate GTA Online, every time I hit that A button to try and start a quick job I expect the worst, now. 

F*ck R*. All they care about is fixing money exploits so the greedy f*ckers can try to sell their shark cards. Shelve the game for a month or two like I'm gonna do. I have plenty of free gold games I've downloaded over the past few months as I'm sure others have. Maybe if enough of us, the ones with constant connection problems, did this then maybe R* would finally take notice. I doubt it though.

nah, they never gonna fix ps3, hopefully they are making ps4 good though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users