Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you play Online or SP, or both?

136 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you play Online? (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you play Online or SP, or both?

1. Single player only (75 votes [31.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

2. Online only (22 votes [9.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.36%

3. I play both (138 votes [58.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Both.

SP is has much more detail: more traffic, better player and vehicle models. It's fun to go around roleplaying, killing bikers as Trevor, doing races as Franklin, golf as Michael, etc. Cop chases are more fun since stealth is not that broken compared to online. Also, Chop.

Online has more replayability, because it's multiplayer. It has a great variety of missions. I can customize my character exactly how I want. I can own 20 frigging vehicles. I can choose where I live, and since my character is mute, he thinks whatever I think.

I'd say I play 30% SP and the rest is Online. However, if I had to pick one, I'd pick SP, because the world simply feels much more alive and immersive.
  • theGTAking101, ten-a-penny and CapoV91 like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

Both.

SP is has much more detail: more traffic, better player and vehicle models. It's fun to go around roleplaying, killing bikers as Trevor, doing races as Franklin, golf as Michael, etc. Cop chases are more fun since stealth is not that broken compared to online. Also, Chop.

Online has more replayability, because it's multiplayer. It has a great variety of missions. I can customize my character exactly how I want. I can own 20 frigging vehicles. I can choose where I live, and since my character is mute, he thinks whatever I think.

I'd say I play 30% SP and the rest is Online. However, if I had to pick one, I'd pick SP, because the world simply feels much more alive and immersive.

You literally just pictured myself.

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheGr8Cornholio
  • TheGr8Cornholio

Outlaw

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

I used to play them both but online seems kinda dead now. I've always prefered single player, but after I got 100% completion it became kinda boring. I still play it, I replay some missions and try to get gold medals in them.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

This did NOT need a bump. We already had a good topic for this on the series section by universetwisters. 

m3tal z_DKI
  • m3tal z_DKI

Heists coming March 10th

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

Those days I only play Online with friends. Now V is a bit boring since I earned the Platinum Trophy back in October 2013.

CapoV91
  • CapoV91

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

I play both, these days honestly i play more online than sp i got like 85% completed in story mode and aside from a few races the rest of the stuff left to do is pretty boring (parachuting, flying under bridges, driving around aimlessly for random encounters)

I can't wait for the SP DLC

huiop2
  • huiop2

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

why would anyone never touch sp and play online only? i mean if it was COD or BF then it would make sense, but GTA? online seems fun and all but it's sp that makes gta a truly legendary series.

as for me i played only sp on the last gen version, but since i'm getting the next gen version i might as well try online

Notify
  • Notify

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

SP. Online isn't really as fun as before. Since theres squeakers running around killing you, for some reason. Yet, online is fun whenever you're playing with friends. As of right now, it's SP.

TrevorEffingPhillips
  • TrevorEffingPhillips

Bitch Tits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by TrevorEffingPhillips, 12 October 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Online is fun for its individual customization, but the hours spent playing it are just not worth it. Will be fun to find out how to level up my guy on the new systems without having to actually level up my guy lol... other than that its all about SP, especially with a story like GTA V had.

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

SP got so boring anyway, now I'm playing Online the most.

Me too. Nevertheless, i hope for better SP on PC.

• Kampret likes this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

I used to play them both but online seems kinda dead now. I've always prefered single player, but after I got 100% completion it became kinda boring. I still play it, I replay some missions and try to get gold medals in them.

how did you get 100% if you didn't get gold on all the missions?

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

right now? neither. don't own the game  :orly:

NexusLordNova
  • NexusLordNova

Assassin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

I tend to play about 1-3 hours in both SP and online every time I play it, although I haven't been playing on my 360 as much now that I have a PS4 and Xbox One. I do usually end up playing it once or twice a week on average, and I'm sure I'll be playing it a lot more when I get my PS4 version in November.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Neither right now. Disconnected my Xbox after I got my ps4 and am just waiting for the new version. I lent my old copy to a friend who hadn't played it yet.

It's good to have a break, that'll make the new version more enjoyable and fresh. I was really getting into online lately, but was annoyed by how compromised the old version of online is in terms of graphics, traffic and overall performance. Online on ps4 will be the definitive experience. I don't think I'll even import my existing character...although he will have sh*tloads of money with all the rockstar handouts.

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

how did you get 100% if you didn't get gold on all the missions?

Gold medals don't count towards 100%.

AAR
  • AAR

Get It On

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

I started to play SP and enjoyed the story in the beginning. But then I noticed while playing freeroam, that this game was kinda broken. Everyone knows and remembers the super cops with their super cop guns, cars and choppers, or the empty, weak, sissy pedestians... After 2 weeks it got boring and I stopped playing. This never happened with the previous ones. When they released GTAO, I tried it and completely forgot about SP. But then after a few months, Online got borring and I went back to Story Mode because I wanted to complete the story, like with the previous ones. The game still seems broken (including Online) compared to the previous ones. Now I only play Online once in a while. Maybe SP will be worth it on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

• theGTAking101 and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I started to play SP and enjoyed the story in the beginning. But then I noticed while playing freeroam, that this game was kinda broken. Everyone knows and remembers the super cops with their super cop guns, cars and choppers, or the empty, weak, sissy pedestians... After 2 weeks it got boring and I stopped playing. This never happened with the previous ones. When they released GTAO, I tried it and completely forgot about SP. But then after a few months, Online got borring and I went back to Story Mode because I wanted to complete the story, like with the previous ones. The game still seems broken (including Online) compared to the previous ones. Now I only play Online once in a while. Maybe SP will be worth it on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

How is it broken though?
Spoiler
  • AAR and theGTAking101 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users