Photo

About the ridiculous and unreachable level 8000 | Discussion

92 replies to this topic
Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by Zhake, 24 August 2014 - 05:47 AM.

One of the most stupid Rockstar ideas. It's pointless, the game's over at level 135 (at this point).

They took that far away, in GTA IV there were only 10 levels, in GTA Online we got 1000 levels at first, and to be honest having THAT much levels ruins the game. Why?

Because sometimes while looking for a mission there's only Rooftop Rumble being hosted by a level +300, really? Why do they need more level? There's nothing else and the limit isn't even near. Some people says "we're leveling when Rockstar release xxxx and that will need a high level", yeah, that's like the people speculating what's after heists.

Level 8000 was a huge mistake from Rockstar, because people is too worried trying to get close to an unreachable level. If the limit was level 200 then we won't see too many grinders and find some variety and less RP glitches (because yeah, I've seen high levels looking for RP methods). Thank who-ever-the-fawk-created-the-universe for the new payout system.

This isn't a bitching topic, I mainly tried to expose my points about the problem in the leveling system. In conclusion, having "infinite" levels are pointless if we don't have new features in the game. Would be better to start with a limit of level 100, then after every patch add 10 more limit levels, not f*cking 7000. I know it's easier to detect a hacker that way but hackers can't just level up, they need JP to have more than 600 bullets.

An "infinite" level game cause the same with money: people will ALWAYS want more. Didn't find something related in the search option, by the way.

Edit. I don't program games and probably I'm wrong... but level +1000 isn't the best way to detect modders. If Rockstar can notice people when you glitch money (happened to me in my first account without being in SC) I think it's easier to detect someone who get 100 levels in less than an hour.

• Maximum Overdrive, NoSignal666 and LightningLord411 like this

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

It was likely made to pin point modders...You have to be pretty dumb or have no life to either glitch or mod your way to anything above 1,000.
  • VyperNINE and Cameron Star like this

ClassicSyntax
  • ClassicSyntax

Trying to live the "American Dream"

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Well,The +1000s are bait for hackers...

elfoam
  • elfoam

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by elfoam, 24 August 2014 - 05:48 AM.

With the new payout system I'm using my other psn account with two level 20 chatacters. It's more appropriate for the game now that it's totally noobed out and you need a slow car and crap guns to get paid.

I'll use my 300+ again when they add a decent level unlock item or fix the pay system.

Although now that there's no use for a buzzard I took it out in freeroam and blew this sh*t out of everyone for a couple hours last night. First time in my life I've had my mental state over the first bar, now it's maxed..
  • Sylent01 likes this

ClassicSyntax
  • ClassicSyntax

Trying to live the "American Dream"

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Well, seeing how R* is with enforcement, it wouldn't matter unfortunately.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

I always took the ridiculous level cap as a joke... Considering how Rockstar trashes the CoD mentality... And how they call it "respect points" as if they earn you respect... I think it's part of the satire. Those trying to achieve level 8000 are the butt of the joke.
  • Khelandros, Cakelover21, KornbreadMaf1a and 5 others like this

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Sayurifor11thsinglecenter☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

The adding 10 levels thing would be a better addition so everyone can level up more- plan effective.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

It's sh*t, pointless and just plain lazy. I would much rather a system like RDR for example. It was fun to level up and it was rewarding as well right up until you reach the last level.
  • MilezDawg and frothyy like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

leveling up is useless past 120.  and i wish that rockstar would stop doing all those double rp jobs and start doing more double cash for ALL jobs.

• blackindia, ten-a-penny, Liquid715 and 5 others like this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

once u get up to level 120 you should get double money or rp should turn to money

• blackindia, Maximum Overdrive, ten-a-penny and 10 others like this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

I think the max level limit should of been 500 of rankings. Anything past that..well I won't say. 

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

once u get up to level 120 you should get double money or rp should turn to money

or you can sell off your levels!  like if you are a level 220, you can sell 5 levels for $10,000.

• BBARR131, sSphInXx and Cakelover21 like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 August 2014 - 06:10 AM.

GTAO stats will carry on to future GTA titles.

all evidence points to it and that explains such a level cap.

the fact it messes with ocd completionists heads is just an added bonus.

as of now it's still pointless to be anything other than 120
  • KrazyFace, sebcreed and CBas1220 like this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by gta_aus, 24 August 2014 - 06:09 AM.

or you can sell off your levels!  like if you are a level 220, you can sell 5 levels for $10,000.
That's actually a great idea, and original! (I think)
But so in what 3 years we'll be level 5000 or something that just sounds so stupid.
  • DopeFresh likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Now that you mention that. What kind of bonus would you add for the high rankers over 300 and higher? 

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:18 AM Edited by Apex Predator, 24 August 2014 - 06:20 AM.

It was done on purpose. They don't actually think anyone is going to reach level 8000, the reason they did it is to keep us playing the game for as long as possible. Typically, when you reach the final level of a video game, you're not gonna keep playing it, but like in this case, if you're constantly leveling up while playing, it makes you want to continue playing. It's a psychological thing. Same reason Call of Duty has added god knows how many levels of Prestige. They could've done it the same way as RDR with Legend mode but chose to do it this way instead.
  • rapidwiz likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

Being 389 close to 400 there's nothing to do beyond 120. Your pretty much a target online.
  • BBARR131 likes this

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Peon

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by EvilFiend, 24 August 2014 - 06:29 AM.

I agree with the add 10 more levels thing. If they did this we would only be up to what? 180*? Then they can lock all the DLC items behind the new level cap and basically get more people playing for longer which is what they want, isnt it?

*assuming the cap was 120 to start

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:30 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 August 2014 - 06:31 AM.

"Now that you mention that. What kind of bonus would you add for the high rankers over 300 and higher?"

nothing, why do players need a carrot at the end of the stick everytime?

don't you think there comes a time everyone should equate the reason why they keep playing a game?

sure some grind to higher levels expecting it pays off in the future. who knows, it's anyone's guess

but others enjoy playing the game beyond leveling up

we can't exactly stop gaining RP so while playing the game, leveling up it's a thing that happens, most i know over 120 don't really care.

i only look at players level to see which weapons they might have or not, but that's from 3-120, from there on it's irrelevant digits on their own, level says nothing about actual experience

but if i was R* i'd probably give higher levels some exclusive shirt or item, and then everyone would glitch it and have it either way
  • Cornbat likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

All I know is this: Once I reach 1000, I am not going to ever do that again! If I get there, I get there. I'm no spring chicken and they keep switching up the damn payout system!

They should of made certain vehicles level-locked like the Dubsta 6x6.

Certain properties should have been level-locked.

At 920, I should be able to hold 70 armors in my inventory.

How about allowing us to keep more snacks, you guys should see how lame the Egochaser has become. It used to nearly fill my health meter. I need like 2-3 of them to fill the meter now.

The Besra should have been unlocked at 250 or at least getting silver in all the Flight School challenges.

There should have been a level-locked set of flight school missions after completing the first round of them.

What kills me is that they thought to add more enemies with miniguns to the gang attacks for higher levels, but left out any real incentive to get there.

Also, they keep waiting for general population to catch up. If I knew they were going to do that, I would of just got to 120, dust off  mah hat and called it a day. If you do the work for something and get there first, you should get the goodies first, too. Not wait for everyone to catch up. That's kind of like welfare for the people that don't want to work.

I set out on this mega grind in the beginning to see what we unlock, I lost hope after reaching 500 and now I just do it to accomplish a goal I set for myself.

• ten-a-penny, Chorizombie, Cakelover21 and 6 others like this

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Once I got to level 250,I got bored. 8000 is just Rockstar's way of saying whore me (shark cards ring a bell)? Even if you had no life and played it on a 10 hour basis, you couldn't reach that. They should worry about the true followers giving up on this game. Said a true legit player,GTA V has collected dust since 1.16 update. Shame on you Rockstar.

• elfoam likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Lool it takes a whole multihour session to go up like two levels. It would want to be worth 100k per level.
  • BBARR131 likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Hustle hard, stack paper.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

GTA V has collected dust since 1.16 update. Shame on you Rockstar.

So...a week, not even. Wow, such a long time.

Rofl.
  • ten-a-penny and LordBattleBeard like this

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by NightProwler, 24 August 2014 - 07:16 AM.

GTA V has collected dust since 1.16 update. Shame on you Rockstar.

So...a week, not even. Wow, such a long time.

Rofl.

I've been behind Rockstar since day one (hell,I burnt out my PS1 and trashed a disk with GTA III) but,I found they lost their edge since San Andreas. Remember - the word "exciting" for this dlc and announced late? My dog taking a dump is more exciting than this latest dlc/update if you call it that. Next step....Rockstar join's up wit EA Sports.I've been faithfull and played every GTA game from day 1. Sad,guess I don't have a life.....and I'm 47 now. Not bitchin' bro. Take my comments with a grain of salt. I'm sure we all have a little faith/hope but,they've destroyed their track record.

• MilezDawg, strakan7 and Fearx-- like this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:13 AM Edited by Relative007, 24 August 2014 - 07:14 AM.

Obviously it is absurd, whether catching Modders or otherwise is the intention of doing so.

I think the real Question is, why have R* not introduced any Higher Rank unlocks. Given the cost of DLC content and the inability to grind/replay Missions to make money as fast as in the past (due to cumulative patches), how exactly do R* plan on attracting new players to the game and keeping them? I ask this since as opposed to traditional MMO's (R* claims GTA Online is an MMO), anyone can access practically identical content in SP so the incentive to purchase the content Online is reduced (at least IMO). 

They need to start focusing on those already here in the hope they will switch to PS4/Xbone/PC or at least keep GTA Online going to maintain interest for GTA VI and onwards. 

• strakan7 and guiguido like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:27 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 August 2014 - 07:34 AM.

"I've been behind Rockstar since day one (hell,I burnt out my PS1 and trashed a disk with GTA III) but,I found they lost their edge since San Andreas. Remember - the word "exciting" for this dlc and announced late? My dog taking a dump is more exciting than this latest dlc/update if you call it that. Next step....Rockstar join's up wit EA Sports.I've been faithfull and played every GTA game from day 1."

It's a business not your girlfriend.

Rockstar owes you nothing.

they put a game out, you put $60 on it if you want it or not.

end of story.

"I've been faithfull and played every GTA game from day 1."

i just had to quote that again to emphatize the ridiculouness of your entitlement

people who actually do put the game down also find little reason to keep visiting this forum, much less post.

see you on the next patch hype train, you know the one who brought you here to begin with

eta: i hope you remember your girlfriend's details better than you do GTA's history.

a PS1 would obviously burst if you tried to play gta3 on it.
actually no, it just wouldn't read it as it was a PS2 game.

it's a minor blunder, but since you're FAITHFUL to R* it becomes a major fail
  • ten-a-penny, Jabokabok and Bill Williamson like this

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

Making a level 8000 as a method to catch modders is dumb, mainly because level modders are a minor problem with all the rape/UFO/ferris wheel or whatever you can do with a mod menu. You can't do a crap with a level 1000 modded. Car upgrades? Nope. More than 300 bullets per gun? Nope. Yeah, not a big deal. Besides, there are games like Halo where if you modded your level, in less than 24 hours you get banned forever.

The real problem is Rockstar's poor experience. Halo: Reach did a great job, they set a level limit and after some time they introduced a higher limit. Why not here? New ranks every week/month/upgrade.

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Now that you mention that. What kind of bonus would you add for the high rankers over 300 and higher? 

How about being able to add a 3rd property? I'm sure tons of peeps would aim for that :)
  • BBARR131 likes this

Ag3ofLive
  • Ag3ofLive

First There / Never Spotted

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

There's really no point to go over 120, other than bragging rights.

CRRRUNK
  • CRRRUNK

ButtonToucher

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

One of the most stupid Rockstar ideas. It's pointless, the game's over at level 135 (at this point).

They took that far away, in GTA IV there were only 10 levels, in GTA Online we got 1000 levels at first, and to be honest having THAT much levels ruins the game. Why?

Because sometimes while looking for a mission there's only Rooftop Rumble being hosted by a level +300, really? Why do they need more level? There's nothing else and the limit isn't even near. Some people says "we're leveling when Rockstar release xxxx and that will need a high level", yeah, that's like the people speculating what's after heists.

Level 8000 was a huge mistake from Rockstar, because people is too worried trying to get close to an unreachable level. If the limit was level 200 then we won't see too many grinders and find some variety and less RP glitches (because yeah, I've seen high levels looking for RP methods). Thank who-ever-the-fawk-created-the-universe for the new payout system.

This isn't a bitching topic, I mainly tried to expose my points about the problem in the leveling system. In conclusion, having "infinite" levels are pointless if we don't have new features in the game. Would be better to start with a limit of level 100, then after every patch add 10 more limit levels, not f*cking 7000. I know it's easier to detect a hacker that way but hackers can't just level up, they need JP to have more than 600 bullets.

An "infinite" level game cause the same with money: people will ALWAYS want more. Didn't find something related in the search option, by the way.

Edit. I don't program games and probably I'm wrong... but level +1000 isn't the best way to detect modders. If Rockstar can notice people when you glitch money (happened to me in my first account without being in SC) I think it's easier to detect someone who get 100 levels in less than an hour.

In nearly every well populated online game users complain about reaching and sitting on the level cap.

So as a result Devs end up raising the level....again then do it again....and again.

Seems to me Rockstar just made it 8000 so they wouldn't have to bother raising the level at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users