Quantcast

» «
Photo

buffed the standard Sniper Rifle (right?)

10 replies to this topic
GEARHRT
  • GEARHRT

murk

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

i'm getting long range 1-shot kills on NPCs at the arm, chest, stomach, head- it doesn't seem to matter.

i'm playing survival so there's no difficulty setting.

anyone else?

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

It's because you're now playing missions which hadn't been given super NPCs yet.

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

I believe both snipers have always been 1 shot kills or critical wounds which result in bleeding out. The basic sniper is sh*t on players, sometimes taking 3 shots to kill. The Heavy sniper is a one hit kill on anything or anyone below level 99. The only exceptions seem to be limb shots or armored NPCs, such as the NOOSE or Marines at Fort Zancudo.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

I believe both snipers have always been 1 shot kills or critical wounds which result in bleeding out. The basic sniper is sh*t on players, sometimes taking 3 shots to kill. The Heavy sniper is a one hit kill on anything or anyone below level 99. The only exceptions seem to be limb shots or armored NPCs, such as the NOOSE or Marines at Fort Zancudo.

I'd like to say that today I sniped someone in the head with the heavy sniper, while they were getting in a car, the reticule turned red and everything and they did not die.  I think they were rank 89, and i felt cheated.

Chaotic Shrapnel
  • Chaotic Shrapnel

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

I'd like to say that today I sniped someone in the head with the heavy sniper, while they were getting in a car, the reticule turned red and everything and they did not die.  I think they were rank 89, and i felt cheated.

I believe this is a common glitch, I snipe my friends all the time and get this same red hit marker and ask them how they survived and they tell me they were never hit. 

If you don't think it was a glitch maybe the car blocked a bit of damage. essentially saving their life.

• dreadluxx likes this

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

I've had that happen on occasion, I believe server lag has something to do with that. On your screen it looks like you shot him in the head, the server thought you shot him in the shoulder or arm, so it only applied that damage multiplier (which I think is 1.2x?) instead of the 2.0x multiplier for a head shot. Thus preventing the kill. It could also have something to do with the car entering animation, as the players hit box may not follow the player model correctly during the said animation.

• dreadluxx likes this

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

I believe this is a common glitch, I snipe my friends all the time and get this same red hit marker and ask them how they survived and they tell me they were never hit. 

If you don't think it was a glitch maybe the car blocked a bit of damage. essentially saving their life.

I've had that happen on occasion, I believe server lag has something to do with that. On your screen it looks like you shot him in the head, the server thought you shot him in the shoulder or arm, so it only applied that damage multiplier (which I think is 1.2x?) instead of the 2.0x multiplier for a head shot. Thus preventing the kill. It could also have something to do with the car entering animation, as the players hit box may not follow the player model correctly during the said animation.

Both interesting replies.  I believe the internet/server lag is the most probable explanation.

Zeduo
  • Zeduo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Has the "one shot kill to anyone below level 99" always been a thing for the heavy sniper? I started getting a bunch of hitmarkers about a month ago and thought they pulled a treyarch and nerfed the damn thing.

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:39 AM Edited by Viper5900, 24 August 2014 - 05:40 AM.

Has the "one shot kill to anyone below level 99" always been a thing for the heavy sniper? I started getting a bunch of hitmarkers about a month ago and thought they pulled a treyarch and nerfed the damn thing.

I don't think so, as I've gotten quite a few one hit kills on players above level 99 who had max health in the past. I believe they nerfed it a bit in one of the more recent patches. People will fire at my jet often with the heavy sniper, and it used to take about 6 or 7 shots until I started smoking. Now it takes around 10 or 11. 

phazeone1
  • phazeone1

LSMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

Bleeding out......One hit kill below 99? 

What game are you playing?? a level 1 with a heavy sniper could kill a 200 with a headshot

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Trying to change

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

Bleeding out......One hit kill below 99? 
What game are you playing?? a level 1 with a heavy sniper could kill a 200 with a headshot

You're just misunderstanding him. They mean the npc people can bleed out on missions like coveted, and people shot with the heavy below level 99 are normally one shot as they don't have the max health.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users