Photo

Tyler - Garbage created for Trevor?

19 replies to this topic
Slevin77
  • Slevin77

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

Can you help settle a dispute going on? A lot of people are saying Tyler made the song for Trevor.

The evidence - Lyrics

"What's in my trunk... white.... girl"

This references not only the fact that Trevor sells drugs but also the fact that he abucts people and drops them off at a cannibal cult. Obviously he doesn't put people in his truck due to game mechanics but it's still a possible link.

"One time one guy came to where I'm residing
And I didn't invite him, so instead tried to fight him
I got violent, long story short he's not breathing

For some reason I liked it and it was really exciting
Couldn't stop the addiction,
and the irony is
A couple junkies went missing and I know right where they're hiding
"

This is the biggest clue. Trevor is introduced to the game's story by getting in fight with Johnny from the Lost and he ends up killing him. Then he goes and kills all the other Lost members in a fit of rage. Coudn't stop the addiction to violence sort of thing.

"But I like playing dress up and mix match
Sorry I'mma 'fess up, you aren't getting your kids back"
Might be more of a Bufflo Bill reference but switching to Trevor you'll find him on drugs and wearing a dress... not sure what happened that night. I don't want to know actually.

Facts
Tyler released this song a month before GTA 5 came out. A lot of songs have been created just for GTA games so it's possible they gave Tyler a little information on one of the characters or maybe he got an early copy of the game for his contribution and he made the song for it. I don't know if it's true but that's what everyone is arguing about. One thing I do know Tyler asked not to be on the mainstream rap station for the game which would be Radio Los Santos.

• Zello and dillono like this

dillono
  • dillono

Please Assume The Position.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by dillono, 24 August 2014 - 05:02 AM.

I always thought Tyler The Creator made that song so and so long ago from GTA V's release and R* thought it would be a good song for one of the rap radios. 

If this is true, then R* gets +10 respect for thinking this out.

• Slevin77 and phazeone1 like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

The "junkies went missing, and I know right where they're hiding" part could be referring to Wade. Trevor met him when he and his were buying dope. Trevor killed Wade's friends and kept Wade as a sidekick.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Could easily have been made for it.

Yet again, it was one of the main rap songs for the game.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Probably, there are theories about Nine is God also being about Trevor, and High Pressure Dave being about Dave Norton. And I think there's a few more.
  • FromBrnoCity likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:10 AM Edited by Xerukal, 24 August 2014 - 06:12 AM.

Fittingly enough, all of these tracks (Nine is God, High Pressure Dave and Garbage) are included in "Volume 1" of the Music of Grand Theft Auto V download. 

Pretty sure they were created just for the game. 

• burnzy187 and TheDeaconBosco like this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Fittingly enough, all of these tracks (Nine is God, High Pressure Dave and Garbage) are included in "Volume 1" of the Music of Grand Theft Auto V download. 

Exactly, I'm nearly positive that all of the Volume 1 songs were exclusives created for V, you'll also notice that these are the songs playing during the credits. 

Same thing they did for GTA IV really. :)

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

Exactly, I'm nearly positive that all of the Volume 1 songs were exclusives created for V, you'll also notice that these are the songs playing during the credits. 

Same thing they did for GTA IV really. :)
Yeah it's widely known that all those songs were created specifically for GTA V. It's just a matter of finding the hidden meanings of these songs. For example: Change of Coasts, which plays during the GTA Online Introduction, is obviously referencing the change from Liberty City on the east coast to the San Andreas on the west coast. You know I should probably analyze the lyrics one day when I have time and discover what every single song is referencing.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

For Trevor? I don't think so, but pretty sure he did make the song FOR the game.

• Tycek likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 AM Edited by Xerukal, 24 August 2014 - 07:23 AM.

I thought Change of Coasts was about your Online character flying into Los Santos after moving out of whatever location they were in beforehand. I guess you fill in that gap yourself. Cool.

I'll go with LC, just because it's appropriate after IV :p.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

I know Don't Come Close by Yeasayer is supposed to be about Trevor. Don't know about Garbage. I feel icky when I listen to it. Defintely has a Trevor kind of vibe to it.  

Slevin77
  • Slevin77

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM Edited by Slevin77, 24 August 2014 - 07:35 AM.

I know there's a lot of songs made for GTA games so it's possible... I don't know exactly what it's like behind the scenes of making a video game but what I do know is rap and it sounds like it's true. Knowing Tyler he would pick the psychopath over the gang banger cause he kind of looks down on that sh*t. If it is true it's awesome.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

I thought Change of Coasts was about your Online character flying into Los Santos after moving out of whatever location they were in beforehand. I guess you fill in that gap yourself. Cool.

Well it specifically says "coasts", not just locations. The US has two coasts so obviously it would have to be the east coast. Also your character is supposed to be you, that's why you can customize them and that's why their lips move when you talk into your mic. They don't really have a background of their own. So since you probably played IV before V, you are the one changing coasts. Lol I hope that made sense :p
  • Xerukal likes this

Slevin77
  • Slevin77

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Well it specifically says "coasts", not just locations. The US has two coasts so obviously it would have to be the east coast. Also your character is supposed to be you, that's why you can customize them and that's why their lips move when you talk into your mic. They don't really have a background of their own. So since you probably played IV before V, you are the one changing coasts. Lol I hope that made sense :p

It has a create a character mode? I thought that was a slot machine. Roll the parents and.... you've won a creepy looking freak congrats!

• Apex Predator and Xerukal like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Title is very adequate, so this song was definitely made for the game. 

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Well OP, if I recall correctly, I believe Tyler said on Twitter that Garbage was gonna be on Wolf but it wasn't done in time or something like that. If not though then this is an interesting theory.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:08 AM Edited by Bi0ha2ard_q8, 24 August 2014 - 09:09 AM.

Alot of the songs either relate to the characters storylines or personality. Especially in GTA V.

It could be either about Trevor or about Franklin's drug dealing past, or it could have been made with a general "GTA" feel to it.

Edit: What a refreshing topic, I love that song!

Slevin77
  • Slevin77

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Well OP, if I recall correctly, I believe Tyler said on Twitter that Garbage was gonna be on Wolf but it wasn't done in time or something like that. If not though then this is an interesting theory.

Hmm I was looking at official release which was in August 2013 I imagine it was done before then so yeah the day he created could have been a while ago. But then again a game is usually finished a month before it's released where it goes through testing and what not... I think? Plus they make the characters, story, writing dialog and stuff like that pretty early they don't they? They most likely give info about the game to musicians early because it takes a while to make a song so there's that.

Tough call, I'm going to say... maybe lol.

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I dunno man i dont think its specific enough, it could have referenced trevor in alot more detail if it was about him

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Sleepwalking and Don't come close were made for Michael and Trevor, respectively. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users