Photo

What I think about GTA 5 Driving. And what would you add to GTA 6 driv

51 replies to this topic
AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS, 24 August 2014 - 04:24 AM.

Now I'm not gonna sit here and argue the GTA 4 had better driving physics, but GTA 5 could have been much better. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Well here's what I think the driving in GTA 6 should be like:

-For one, the cars feel too light. Pillow light. Why not add a little heaviness? I want to 'feel' the car.

-Drifting. This is A MUST. I would Love to drift in GTA. Not measly power sliding, but actually drifting around corner after corner.

-The Cars are fast, but they really don't 'feel' fast. They feel 'cheap fast'. I shouldn't be able to drive top speed in the city. I shouldn't be able to hole the trigger all the way down in a parking lot. I want to feel power.

-Add more little things to the cars. For example the Adder(Bugatti) has a wing come out when going an excessive speed. How about Muscles being able to do wheelies because of the excessive torque and horsepower? What about trucks with diesel engines that blow out tons of black smoke when revving?

-Tuners. Where are the tuner cars? The Nissan Skylines, Supra, etc? Where are the Afterglow lights? Lowriders? What about car shows online?

-I just bought a 9f, fully upgraded it, and you know what I realized? Cars need to be louder. Is something like that possible? Idk, but I'd love to drive around with my 9F screaming like a F1 Racer. Maybe the sound is different for those with a home theater setup.

-Speaking of F1 sounding cars, how about Turbos/Super chargers sound more beefy? If you're a car person, you know what I'm talking about. That loud whistle that sounds like it'll inhale a small kid.

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

I stop reading when you said Watch Dogs driving was better :) 

• MilezDawg, ///M, rovert and 7 others like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

in watch dogs, you feel the weight of the cars which is why it is better.  now if gta 5 had cars take more time to slow down, then it would feel a lot better.

Amenly
  • Amenly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:20 AM

I retract that statement. Didn't play it a Whooole lot. I think the cars felt heavier. More emphasis was also placed on engine whining, turbos spooling, etc

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:20 AM

it is.  not the in air physics, or the damage physics.  just the driving physics.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

Ay...the driving in that game is difficult to like. 

Turning the ps3 on and playing GTA feels great, i really like it how it is now and honestly would like it to stay this way. 

As for sound, well yeah the sounds on this game is absolutely awful i think.. seems so lazy with regards to how they took the easy route.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Hustle hard, stack paper.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:22 AM

GTA 5 with a bit of 4's physics would be nice.

Winning001
  • Winning001

I'm a lean, mean, speed thingy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Watch dogs did a hell of a lot better when it comes to intersection drifting. In GTA you either slide into a wall, or spin out

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 24 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Don't bring back the AI rubber banding. f*ck it, scrap V's whole car physics.

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

GTA 5 could have been much better. Believe it or not, I felt Watch Dogs driving physics were better.

Really? I found the driving physics in Watch Dogs to be worse than Saints Row 1/2's driving. That's saying something.

Agree with your points, otherwise. Rockstar needs to find the middleman between IV and V's driving physics for the next game, without the driving becoming too boatish/arcade-ish.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 August 2014 - 03:28 AM.

GTA6 LOL

you will all be out of puberty by then

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:30 AM Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS, 24 August 2014 - 03:31 AM.

GTA 5 could have been much better. Believe it or not, I felt Watch Dogs driving physics were better.

Really? I found the driving physics in Watch Dogs to be worse than Saints Row 1/2's driving. That's saying something.

Agree with your points, otherwise. Rockstar needs to find the middleman between IV and V's driving physics for the next game, without the driving becoming too boatish/arcade-ish.

Read above comments. It wasn't about the drifting. It was all about the heaviness and the car sounds. Also if you let go of the gas and not break your car would roll on for awhile, just like in real life. Then there's the fact that of you press the gas all the way down you literally took off and smashed into any nearby objects.

That actually made the driving feel good.

IRace
  • IRace

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

The driving physics are dumbed down because the game makers are forced to cater to the casual gamer whom the majority of which are very close to being mentally retarded.
  • ProLaps and A Maned Wolf like this

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

The Harley's engines need to be louder, waaayyy louder.

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

I will say the muscle cars do feel pretty good and sorta heavy. Anybody else like spinning around in the mud on a rainy day? Muscle cars spin all day long.

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by OTF_Crow, 24 August 2014 - 03:42 AM.

The Harley's engines need to be louder, waaayyy louder.

Sorry I posted twice I'm on an iPad and it f*cked up somehow.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

The driving physics are dumbed down because the game makers are forced to cater to the casual gamer whom the majority of which are very close to being mentally retarded.

and still most people can't drive for sh*t

go figure

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

and still most people can't drive for sh*t

go figure

I Kinda remember what Need 4 Speed Underground driving felt like. Id like that in GTA. With that said, I think everybody would enjoy the game if the cars actually felt like cars.

GERM!
  • GERM!

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

the only thing that needs to change is the engines
the cars feel and sound like hairdryers on wheels 

Frito-Man
  • Frito-Man

Car Enthusiast/Modifier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by Frito-Man, 24 August 2014 - 03:51 AM.

I like the driving in GTA 5... I prefer it a bit more than gta 4

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by Sh4d0wX32111, 24 August 2014 - 03:53 AM.

We need adequate sound like in this:

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

We need adequate sound like in this:

But, would this work? Would the noise be drowning out the game? I mean you could always tweak the settings.

/////
  • /////

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

We really need better exhausts sounds. I want my schwatzer sound like a real AMG not like a f*cking C200.
  • BOILER. likes this

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

I think GTA V has the best driving physics of all the GTA games so far. 4 was fun for a while but going back and playing that game after playing V, and you feel like you're driving slugs. It's HORRIBLE. V, while not a super deep, complex driving system, allows you to have fun and really throw the cars around like toys - which is what i want in an open world sandbox game, because I play it for fun, not for a simulator experience. I race cars in real life, I don't need to recreate that experience in my GTA escapism entertainment.

I can slide certain cars around turns well, others not. The Banshee, Coquette Classic, Sabre Turbo, and even the Tornado are good for power slides. 

There is NO drifting in this game - drifting is not a slide, it's a sideways movement controlled by the spinning of the rear drive tires. What we HAVE is power sliding, and it's hard to master, but you really need the right car for it.

Yes, the cars could be just a tad bit heavier, and they would feel perfect.

Frito-Man
  • Frito-Man

Car Enthusiast/Modifier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Yeah, i agree with that, we need better exhaust sounds. I'd love my rat loader sounds like this

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

Yeah, i agree with that, we need better exhaust sounds. I'd love my rat loader sounds like this

I was thinking more like this:

• Frito-Man likes this

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

I think GTA V has the best driving physics of all the GTA games so far. 4 was fun for a while but going back and playing that game after playing V, and you feel like you're driving slugs. It's HORRIBLE. V, while not a super deep, complex driving system, allows you to have fun and really throw the cars around like toys - which is what i want in an open world sandbox game, because I play it for fun, not for a simulator experience. I race cars in real life, I don't need to recreate that experience in my GTA escapism entertainment.

I can slide certain cars around turns well, others not. The Banshee, Coquette Classic, Sabre Turbo, and even the Tornado are good for power slides. 

There is NO drifting in this game - drifting is not a slide, it's a sideways movement controlled by the spinning of the rear drive tires. What we HAVE is power sliding, and it's hard to master, but you really need the right car for it.

Yes, the cars could be just a tad bit heavier, and they would feel perfect.

L

No, the driving is too arcadish. What I'm talking about is actual driving. Not boat like. Not pillow like. Not Simulator like.

The cars need more weight, better sound, and real drifting is a must. Can you imagine the type of races you'd get? NOW that is fun.

Frito-Man
  • Frito-Man

Car Enthusiast/Modifier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:20 AM Edited by Frito-Man, 24 August 2014 - 04:22 AM.

YESSS!!! That would be awesome! I only want better sounds and drifting...

AndYuKnowTHIS
  • AndYuKnowTHIS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:23 AM Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS, 24 August 2014 - 04:24 AM.

YESSS!!! That would be awesome! I only want better sounds and drifting...
One of the main reasons I cannot drive the elgy us because it sounds too bring. Serious. They could've did a better job on that. Muscle cars sound good, but a little more grunt, like in the vids would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users