• universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:24 AM Edited by universetwisters, 24 August 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Has anyone played this game before? I recently finished it last night after finding it on my shelf and thinking "why the hell not give this another go" and surprisingly I enjoyed it a lot. The part I liked about it was that, even looking past it's historical accuracy aspect, it was a fairly decent portrayal of soldiers at the time, or any general infantry compared to the new Call of Duty games where it's all about SUPER SPECIAL ROBOT OPS ON STEROIDS.

But yeah, it's a very good game. I also tried the multiplayer out and it was pretty good. You had preset classes rather than making your own, but they also had decent perks to each class that I felt were a lot more enjoyable than killstreaks. Like how the scout/sniper is able to call artillery bombings, the support class can deliver extra ammo, and the medic can heal folks.

I highly recommend trying out this gem if you haven't already. That and it had a good soundtrack which, oddly enough, I keep wanting to put the lyrics of "Stairway to Heaven" over it's theme song :S

• gtamann123 and NerdBasket like this

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Never played 3, but 2 was great. Might borrow this from someone if they have it.
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Never played 3, but 2 was great. Might borrow this from someone if they have it.

It's worth it. 100% worth it if you're hating how FPS games are going these days and you're looking for something grounded

• Max Payne likes this

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

It's worth it. 100% worth it if you're hating how FPS games are going these days and you're looking for something grounded
Off topic: you should give rainbow six vegas 1-2 a try. Only good modern fps out there.

Android
  • Android

Nitrogen iodine carbon potassium

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

The only "older" Call of Duty that I have played was Big Red One.. but I have heard this one was pretty good.

• universetwisters and Max Payne like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

The only "older" Call of Duty that I have played was Big Red One.. but I have heard this one was pretty good.

I haven't played that one yet. Call of Duty 3 was my oldest but I'm thinking about giving the Big Red One a look into.

• Android likes this

Android
  • Android

Nitrogen iodine carbon potassium

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:46 AM Edited by Android, 24 August 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Big Red One is a very cool game :)

Anyway, yeah.. I don't know what the new makers are thinking. Black Ops 2 was very different from the typical CoD game, but really? What is this jetpack crap in Advanced Warfare?

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

I remember playing Finest Hour. That game was hard as f*ck.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Anyway, yeah.. I don't know what the new makers are thinking. Black Ops 2 was very different from the typical CoD game, but really? What is this jetpack crap in Advanced Warfare?

Pretty much every COD game with Modern Warfare 1 onwards is the same bullsh*t to me, what with the SOOPERDOOPER SPESHUL AWPS and the likes. That's exactly the one reason why I loved COD 3. You weren't a one-man army. Even though there's one playable character for each faction within the campaign, it's still mostly squad based. You hear bickering from your American teammates, the Canadian officer yelling at the radio operator that he's a coward and then the radio operator gets himself shot to prove he isn't one. You're still a humble guy and that's why it appeals the most to me.

• Android likes this

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

Pretty much every COD game with Modern Warfare 1 onwards is the same bullsh*t to me, what with the SOOPERDOOPER SPESHUL AWPS and the likes. That's exactly the one reason why I loved COD 3. You weren't a one-man army. Even though there's one playable character for each faction within the campaign, it's still mostly squad based. You hear bickering from your American teammates, the Canadian officer yelling at the radio operator that he's a coward and then the radio operator gets himself shot to prove he isn't one. You're still a humble guy and that's why it appeals the most to me.
Yeah, the new cods are sh*t. Big red one,2 and 3(if I ever play it), make the new ones look bad.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:52 AM Edited by The Yokel, 24 August 2014 - 06:53 AM.

I played it on the PS2 a long time ago. I remember thinking that it had the best graphics that I've ever seen on the PS2. And it was a fun game. Too bad it never got a PC version.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

Off topic: you should give rainbow six vegas 1-2 a try. Only good modern fps out there.

So many things wrong with that sentence.

Johan
  • Johan

Super!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Never had the chance to actually play it, but I did used to go to my cousin's house back in the days and watch him play it instead. Even judging by the YouTube videos out there on the game right now, you can see that it still holds up in terms of features compared to the series now.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:42 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 24 August 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Call of Duty 4 would like to have a word with you.

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Call of Duty 4 would like to have a word with you.
Is still have cod4, second best.

johnsu47586
  • johnsu47586

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Great game. One of the better CODs IMO, definitely superior to the schlock made year after year.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I still have my PS2 disc in my room. Never finished it though. Would love to try out the multiplayer, but I don't think anyone on the planet still plays this online on PS2. 

A few years ago I read that if you have a backwards compatible PS3 and you put in the PS2 disc, then you could play the multiplayer. Never tried it with my 80GB before it YLOD a couple months ago.

I also never understood why they made this COD console exclusive...it's a good game though. The last greatest COD campaign in the series...second to World at War.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Call of Duty (1) and United Offensive are the only Call of Duty games worth your while.

All the rest is pure crap and ruined by not only the developers but by the average idiot playing it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I also never understood why they made this COD console exclusive...it's a good game though. The last greatest COD campaign in the series...second to World at War.

Then why do I have the 360 version of it?

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

I think he means PC.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I think he means PC.

Ahh, probably. Usually when I hear console exclusive I always assumed it meant the console the guy was talking about, or at least how its always been to folks around me.

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

^besides graphics, how different is cod 3, on Xbox 360.

NerdBasket
  • NerdBasket

Alone with my music.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

I have it for the PS2, along with The Big Red One. I'm not going to lie, I never got around to finishing them. I should try to before school starts :D

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

^besides graphics, how different is cod 3, on Xbox 360.

I wouldn't know because I haven't played it for the PS2. One thing you'll notice is that there's no sprint button in single player. Rather you get binoculars.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

I may sound strange, but multiplayer in this game is very, very good.

I own a Xbox 360 version of this game and I played a lot with my friends via System Link option.

There's a map called Poisson I think, when you have bikes, tanks and jeeps for general use - it's so well constructed map that one night we had only play on till morning ;D

I haven't played singleplayer campaign yet, but I heard it's good and I may try it someday.

The multiplayer is what made this game for me ;)
  • universetwisters likes this

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

OMG, I played this game from PS2 like 6-7 years ago. :O

I had lots of memories of this game, especially swapping controller with my cousin everytime we die in the game. When I first played multiplayer, it was so fun with lots of people, dying in the bike made me LOL and dominating players with tanks. However from time to time, my disc was badly scratched and I can hardly play campaign except in multiplayer and players were dropping. :(

I wonder if someone still plays multiplayer in this game. If there is, I might buy it again on Xbox 360, but again, it's so damn expensive in Marketplace especially this game is dead. It would be great if they brought this game up on Games with gold. :D

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Lmao what? 360 is a console isn't it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by universetwisters, 27 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

Lmao what? 360 is a console isn't it?

You should read above you more. I thought you meant it was exclusive to just one console.

@ric4rd094 - Poisson was my favorite map too! It was crazy big enough for sniping yet had it's good close-quarter combat parts.

• ric4rd094 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users