Photo

Could there be a new GTA game for Vita?

12 replies to this topic
Yoona
  • Yoona

30 days left!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:58 AM Edited by Yoona, 24 August 2014 - 02:01 AM.

It's been over 11 months since GTA V was released and then almost 3 months ago we had GTA V announced for PS4, Xbox one and PC. That pretty much confirms GTA V won't be ever released on Vita, no big suprise. We all know Vita is selling bad and it doesn't have many good AAA games and that applies for both exclusives and multi-platforms games from big consoles, it's all about indies and being able to stream from PS4...

And this is very sad indeed, because PSP was an awesome console that had games like Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Midnight Club LA Remix, Manhunt 2, Midnight Club 3, The Warriors and GTA Chinatown Wars. And these are just Rockstar games of course. These games didn't look and run much worse than PS2 did, that was really impressive for PSP.

The last big and significant AAA game released on Vita was Borderlands 2, of course it had to have downgraded resolution and graphics to pull off what big consoles could, but even with that the fps is low and unstable (12-30, quite often in low 20's) I think it's obvious by now that a game size of GTA V with it's hugeness and level of detail wouldn't be possible to pull off on Vita, even with Vita's lower resolution of 960x544 compared to 1280x720 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't think they would even consider downgrading the game world and mechanics even further so VITA could play it. FPS would be probably very low too.

But a GTA title exclusively developed on Vita  would be another thing. Smaller, maybe based entirely in city with little to none rural areas?

If done right it could be an awesome game imo, just think about it - a good story with great missions, many interiors, VITA's touchscreen features, activities and good amount of content squeezed into a map (I wouldn't mind loading screens for interiors)

I think city of London would be a wonderful choice because folks at Rockstar North are based in the UK, and if done right that game could boost Vita sales like crazy.

What do you think? Might happen or not? Is Vita already dead or sentenced to die in shadow of PS4?

This was probably disscussed before but I wanted some fresh opinions. If this topic is crap then please delete it.

Share what you think.

Spoiler

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

I think the Vita is dead, released two years ago (I think?) Sony has pretty much given up on it. Part of me (but not the GTA fan in me) believes that the PSP's success can be attributed to the GTA titles released on it.

Even if they did release a GTA on the Vita it would have to be either LC or Los Santos. Rockstar wouldn't devote so many resources to a map they would have to build from scratch just for a game they know won't sell as well as the major titles. Thus the reason LCS and VCS used ported over, and slightly altered versions of the maps from III and VC.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

the vita doesn't sell well i would like a san andreas stories though

Yoona
  • Yoona

30 days left!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:47 AM Edited by Yoona, 24 August 2014 - 06:52 AM.

the vita doesn't sell well i would like a san andreas stories though

Oh yeah that would be awesome, but so many years have passed and they haven't done or even announced it : /
VCS came out one year after LCS, currently there's been almost 8 years since VCS came out.
PSP probably wouldn't handle it but Vita certainly would. It could take place before CJ ran away to Liberty City but we can only dream :/

I think the Vita is dead, released two years ago (I think?) Sony has pretty much given up on it. Part of me (but not the GTA fan in me) believes that the PSP's success can be attributed to the GTA titles released on it.

Even if they did release a GTA on the Vita it would have to be either LC or Los Santos. Rockstar wouldn't devote so many resources to a map they would have to build from scratch just for a game they know won't sell as well as the major titles. Thus the reason LCS and VCS used ported over, and slightly altered versions of the maps from III and VC.

You are probably right, San Andreas Stories would be awesome though, but it probably won't happen. If things stay like that then Vita might be Sony's last handheld imo. Why did you kill Vita Sony? Why?!

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hoping Sony and R* make some sort of deal so R* can release a game on it and possibly give life back into the Vita, before it's too late (it's quickly heading that way) it would be a missed opportunity with the hardware the Vita has compared to the PSP..

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

The stories only happened on sony products because of Rockstar and Sony having some kind of partnership someone said. Rockstar also planned to make GTA IV a sony exclusive but microsoft wanted it to be on PC and xbox too and i dunno the rest.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 24 August 2014 - 08:15 AM.

I don't think they would invest in a dead platform. I believe they'd rather go with the 3DS as it is more popular.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'd buy a Vita for it (maybe a classic GTA 4 style multiplayer with 4-6 players?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

If they really wanted to increase the sales of the Vita, they should have released a GTA for it much earlier. I think now it's too late.

• android, Tacymist and Zello like this

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

If there will be a GTA for Vita. It will probably be released on 3DS too.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

GTA: Vita or GTA Advance 2..

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Its possible, but rockstar would've done it years ago.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 24 August 2014 - 09:39 PM.

The 3DS is competent enough for a nice GTA game.

If they're going to make another handheld, they'll make it for 3DS (for the reason I've stated above) and maybe, port it to Vita too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users