• darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

someone should start an ice bucket challenge to help california's drought

Yeah, just bring a bucket of ice water, or just normal water, and dump it on the first alfalfa farm you come across.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Someone getting off their fat ass and giving money to charity through video nomination far outweighs the benefits of the ifs and buts from the do-gooders trying to say "imagine if these people just donated regularly instead of doing it for kudos". Charlie Sheen's video was great, a true message and I expect that and more from celebrities, but there are people that can barely rub two notes together who never donate to charity and wouldn't have even thought of doing so without this "challenge". These fads are worth millions in donation money and general awareness from ordinary people, and yeah the world is full of attention whoring kids who are doing it as a stunt than a message, but for every handful of them there are plenty more giving real money to these great causes.

I hope social media helps this continue and brings more and more with it, because scrolling by a 20 second video of someone getting soaked does NOTHING at all to affect my life, but the money they are donating for doing it can be making a real difference to those that need it.

• D- Ice, EphemeralStar and maxpaynefan like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

The good thing about it is that it has definitely raised a lot of money and awareness of course. But the ice bucket challenge is also being used as a seperate social media attention scheme in a bad way. I haven't seen a single video that has a pathetic amount of views, pretty much all of them have an insane amount of popularity and it's all down to the fact that people have the guts to waste water which has ice in it and chuck it all over themselves. The day they actually inherit hypothermia or get seriously ill, they will learn their lesson. It's being used as entertainment fad right now, not proper charitable awareness. All you'd see is "I gotz nominated by etc etc blah blah blah".

50 Cent really pissed me off. First of all, he used the ALS scheme to his advantage and in his video, he dissed Mayweather on the same day May couldn't read something off twitter, which took 10 mins apparently. He also said he would give 750k to the charity if Mayweather reads any one of the Harry Potter novels which was clearly the diss I'm talking about. And no one knows if he actually donated, most likely not maybe knowing how greedy most celebrities are. So that's an example of an attention whore using something that would help raise awareness of a dangerous disease.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:46 AM

The good thing about it is that it has definitely raised a lot of money and awareness of course. But the ice bucket challenge is also being used as a seperate social media attention scheme in a bad way. I haven't seen a single video that has a pathetic amount of views, pretty much all of them have an insane amount of popularity and it's all down to the fact that people have the guts to waste water which has ice in it and chuck it all over themselves. The day they actually inherit hypothermia or get seriously ill, they will learn their lesson. It's being used as entertainment fad right now, not proper charitable awareness. All you'd see is "I gotz nominated by etc etc blah blah blah".

50 Cent really pissed me off. First of all, he used the ALS scheme to his advantage and in his video, he dissed Mayweather on the same day May couldn't read something off twitter, which took 10 mins apparently. He also said he would give 750k to the charity if Mayweather reads any one of the Harry Potter novels which was clearly the diss I'm talking about. And no one knows if he actually donated, most likely not maybe knowing how greedy most celebrities are. So that's an example of an attention whore using something that would help raise awareness of a dangerous disease.

50 didn't donate because Floyd was supposed to read a page from a book.

But I digress, I don't mind the challenge but I find it weird that people are being called out for donating and not dumping the water on themselves lol. I got " nominated" and I'm going to donate but I'm sure I'll get some type of backlash for not getting wet. I usually wouldn't partake in any of these challenges though considering I donate money from every single check I have ever gotten at my current place of work (3years), but I dont feel like getting bitched at.
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

GTAForums should do the Ice Bucket Challege

Jeone
  • Jeone

R.A.S.H

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

GTAForums should do the Ice Bucket Challege

Count me out even though is for a good cause I don't want to get wet for some socal media fame not to mention that I have no friends anyway

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

It is kinda f*cking stupid - attention whores and what not.

but it's not stupid.

and they're not attention whores.

you're totally missing the point I think. you and GunWrath.

the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved money and visibility for ALS where there was virtually none just a few months ago.

as charitable campaigns go, it is a resounding success in every aspect.

a lot of the people who accept the challenge don't usually spam up their Facebook walls with attention-seeking nonsense.

they're doing this because they're accepting the challenge from someone who put them up to it and it results in money for ALS research every single time.

what the f*ck are we arguing about??

seriously.

• Frank Brown likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

That is the most idiotic f*cking bullsh*t I've read. You waste so much water just flushing the god damn toilet. How in world is the ice bucket challenge a waste of water?

Read this... http://huff.to/XInnBF
Look at this... http://imgur.com/a/IgoUq?desktop=1
It's like this all over the state, and it's only going to get worse. So, next time, would you please educate yourself before running your mouth.
California has been undergoing a drought for years now. That's nothing new, at all.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

That is the most idiotic f*cking bullsh*t I've read. You waste so much water just flushing the god damn toilet. How in world is the ice bucket challenge a waste of water?

Read this... http://huff.to/XInnBF
Look at this... http://imgur.com/a/IgoUq?desktop=1
It's like this all over the state, and it's only going to get worse. So, next time, would you please educate yourself before running your mouth.
California has been undergoing a drought for years now. That's nothing new, at all.
Then you should know how "idiotic" it is for someone in California to waste water. And even if it doesn't make even the slightest dent in the water supply, it's still not okay.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

It is kinda f*cking stupid - attention whores and what not.

but it's not stupid.

and they're not attention whores.

you're totally missing the point I think. you and GunWrath.

the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved money and visibility for ALS where there was virtually none just a few months ago.

as charitable campaigns go, it is a resounding success in every aspect.

a lot of the people who accept the challenge don't usually spam up their Facebook walls with attention-seeking nonsense.

they're doing this because they're accepting the challenge from someone who put them up to it and it results in money for ALS research every single time.

what the f*ck are we arguing about??

seriously.

the ice bucket challenge was dreamed up by the corrupt and powerful bagged ice industry, and these suckers are playing right into their hand. smh

• El Diablo, darthYENIK and maxpaynefan like this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

To people who complain about the waste of water: the making of a single hamburger takes 800 gallons of it. Let that sink in for a bit and consider it the next time you complain about people wasting 2 gallons of water on the ice bucket challenge.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

To people who complain about the waste of water: the making of a single hamburger takes 800 gallons of it. Let that sink in for a bit and consider it the next time you complain about people wasting 2 gallons of water on the ice bucket challenge.

First off, it's not a problem outside of California, which I explicitly stated. Waste all the water you want in Tennessee or Wyoming or Illinois or where ever, because everyone else has plenty of water. Secondly, the beef from that burger most likely doesn't come from California, where it would hurt, who produces only 5% of the country's beef. And third, eating a burger isn't wasting water. The beef is made, the people eat the beef. People in California (at least the intelligent ones) aren't worried about conserving water for use in our everyday lives. We conserve so we can save our agriculture (including beef and dairy production) that uses 80% of the state's water. In short, the beef industry of California is allowed to use the water, because if they don't, they go out of business, and that hurts the state economy.

Dumping water uselessly is not the same as using it for agricultural.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Why would you waste water?

The amount of water used in the challenge per person is pretty small. What's it, 2-4 gallons? To put that in perspective, you use 50 every ten minutes you spend showering.

It's a problem in California. We're in the middle of a severe drought, and many people are forgetting this while doing the ice bucket challenge.

That isn't potable water, however - especially if you have a grey water/black water retention and reuse system.

• darthYENIK and ryuclan like this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by ryuclan, 25 August 2014 - 11:07 PM.

Lol that would make sense if that 800 gallons of water was simply poured on the ground and nothing came of it. Didn't Nevada or some western state get rid of 300 million gallons of drinking water because someone peed in it?

Edit: it was 30 million gallons and it was in Portland Oregon. I find it idiotic that that much water got dumped because of a couple of ounces of piss. Anyway I'm sorry for going off topic.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

Lol that would make sense if that 800 gallons of water was simply poured on the ground and nothing came of it. Didn't Nevada or some western state get rid of 300 million gallons of drinking water because someone peed in it?

Oregon. 38 million gallons. 

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1760826

Guy named Swonger couldn't control his donger. 

• Moonshield and ryuclan like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is stupid. I understand it's for charity and some disorder that paralyzes people, but the whole "drop cold water on you" thing is stupid. Just donate and that's it. Forget this stupid bucket thing.
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt, Jeone and maxpaynefan like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 26 August 2014 - 05:10 PM.

But I digress, I don't mind the challenge but I find it weird that people are being called out for donating and not dumping the water on themselves lol. I got " nominated" and I'm going to donate but I'm sure I'll get some type of backlash for not getting wet. I usually wouldn't partake in any of these challenges though considering I donate money from every single check I have ever gotten at my current place of work (3years), but I dont feel like getting bitched at.

But the disturbing thing is 50 has so much money as it is, he should have donated which would have made him look good. One act of kindness would have bought him more fame. He just took advantage of a situation that is supposed to help people become aware.

Jeone
  • Jeone

R.A.S.H

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

But the disturbing thing is 50 has so much money as it is, he should have donated which would have made him look good. One act of kindness would have bought him more fame. He just took advantage of a situation that is supposed to help people become aware.
Who is mayweather? Is he the guy who started the als ice bucket challenge?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 26 August 2014 - 05:20 PM.

No, he's the most talented boxer of this century in the welterweight division. Him and 50 cent used to be tight, and now have beef which started a while ago now. I'm not sure who actually started the ALS.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 26 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.

What's always so much more annoying in campaigns like these are the people who complain about all the attention it gets.

I'm tired of hearing about how tired you are of hearing about this. Same was with Kony 2012 too, I could have ignored most of it if there wasn't so much ranting about how much you hate Kony 2012, and how it's filling your facebook wall. You're filling my forums with stuff that's worth so much less than a campaign geared toward getting people to donate.  :angry:

Just a little rant not directed at anyone here, but people who do this in general, please keep in mind that it really is best to ignore these things without forcing other people to have to ignore them. :)

Apparently Mayweather's actually illiterate. That's another problem though. Cheers to fiddy for helping bring awareness to adult illiteracy, even if it was meant to diss the guy. (edited what I said after FDR replied, if his reply seems odd it didn't before.)

• a20characterusername and Dirt like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

So? The point was 50 Cent had no regard for the actual disease, but used the challenege to diss Mayweather because of his illiteracy.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 26 August 2014 - 05:58 PM.

So? The point was 50 Cent had no regard for the actual disease, but used the challenege to diss Mayweather because of his illiteracy.

Mayweather doesn't give a f*ck. He's 40-something and zip, and probably can only be beaten by someone from the heavyweight class. 50 cent has nothing on this dude.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I know he has nothing on the guy. Mayweather would break his jaw, then his nose and etc etc. What I'm trying to say is this ALS ice bucket challenge craze in the long term is not good. And 50 proved it.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

yeah but that harry potter line was hilarious tho

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Yeah I realize that. The funniest bit I thought was the way he said "nigga". I mean the guy is naturally funny but I just thought what an attention seeker, doing it while a charity craze is going on. But fine, whatever.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Salesman sorta giant

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Why would you waste water?

becaus this is MERICA! f*ck yeah!

Static
  • Static

On these tracks like indie girls on Amelie.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

Floyd's comback was better doe.. "I'll donate if you can post a video of your son saying he loves you."

Had me weak as hell.

• Zondar likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

Floyd's comback was better doe.. "I'll donate if you can post a video of your son saying he loves you."

Had me weak as hell.

Lol.
#TeamPrettyBoy

50 "bitch took my skull" Cent is a f*cking cretin.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

God I hate social media it's a f*cking disease that's tearing apart the fabric of society. Give it another few weeks or so and everything will be back to normal.
  • maxpaynefan likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

To those doubting that most of the money raised goes to research...

http://www.snopes.co...usiness/als.asp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users