Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do I suck so bad at everything I play?

31 replies to this topic
AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

Gaming is a huge hobby for me-I probably do it more than anything. I put so many hours into it everyday. But no matter what I play, or how long I play it, I always suck.

I love MP and play it a lot, but I even suck at single player. I just don't know it as much until I get on MP.

Even GTA, I never finish near first, I never get a K/D over .5, I always suck.
I don't know what more I can do.

Same with other games, I never get a good K/D, and the only time people talk to me is to tell me I suck.

I'm so sick of sucking at something I love doing, normally I'm good at brushing it off, but it's been getting to me lately. Bad.

Why do I suck so bad at everything I play, despite sinking so many hours into it?
  • Mister Pink likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Perhaps here, things will be different.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

I'm not trying to say this negatively, but video games might not be for you.

This is very strange. I've never encountered one person with something like this. SP or MP, you said, right?

It just takes practice. It took me a whole year to master the driving in GTA IV.

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 likes this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

This is very strange. I've never encountered one person with something like this. SP or MP, you said, right?

It just takes practice. It took me a whole year to master the driving in GTA IV.

Yeah, I think I'm good at SP, until I either see someone else's SP save or I encounter a boss fight I spend forever on and it takes everyone else does no problem.

I love gaming, I just can't figure out why I never get any better no matter what I do. I plan to dev as a career, and I can't picture myself not gaming; I'm just sick of sucking and want to figure out why.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Perhaps here, things will be different.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, I think I'm good at SP, until I either see someone else's SP save or I encounter a boss fight I spend forever on and it takes everyone else does no problem.

I love gaming, I just can't figure out why I never get any better no matter what I do. I plan to dev as a career, and I can't picture myself not gaming; I'm just sick of sucking and want to figure out why.

Don't give up. Being a game dev is something that should be taken on regardless if you're good or bad at video games. You've played the games, just because you're not making progress doesn't mean you shouldn't take on a career as a dev.

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 likes this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Don't give up. Being a game dev is something that should be taken on regardless if you're good or bad at video games. You've played the games, just because you're not making progress doesn't mean you shouldn't take on a career as a dev.
It's not that I don't want to take on a career as a dev, I'm good at modding and such and know creating is a whole different monster.

It's just getting me depressed and angry all the time, being so bad at something you love doing and do all the time.
It's just making everything not fun anymore, always being on bottom.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

You shouldn't concentrate on trying to push your limits of being better than everyone else. Play and learn from your mistakes.

I sometimes have terrible days when I can't play for sh*t in MP games, so I just stay and SP.

What games were you playing by the way?

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

You shouldn't concentrate on trying to push your limits of being better than everyone else. Play and learn from your mistakes.

I sometimes have terrible days when I can't play for sh*t in MP games, so I just stay and SP.

What games were you playing by the way?

It's not that I want to be top of the leaderboard all the time, I just want to not suck. Like, break even with my K/D a lot, sometimes go positive.

I play a lot of games like Killzone or CoD, and like GTA.
I've been playing Gears of War 3 a lot lately, at least 6 hours a day, trying to get better. I LOVE that game, but I can never seem to get better.

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

IDK i mean why do Chicks never make Any Noise when i Partake in  Intercourse with them ? i guess it Will Remain a Mystery or it might just be that we both Suck.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 24 August 2014 - 12:36 AM.

I f*cking knew you would have said GOW 3 lol.

You SHOULD expect to have terrible days with that game. Too bad my data was corrupted, f*ck you Epic.

Try messing around with the sensitivity and see if that helps. Also, play a private game with bots and practice shooting with the Gnasher.

• AdmiralAmmunation likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Choose a sensitivity level that suits you.
Also don't try to be like other gamers, be your self.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

It's not sensitivity, I usually find myself in situations I have no idea how to get myself out of, or someone will kill me with the gnasher when I use the retro on them, or vice-versa.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

Stick woth your teammates!

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

Don't know what to tell you then.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:08 AM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 24 August 2014 - 01:08 AM.

Stick woth your teammates!

I do my best to travel in packs, it's hard when you don't have the skills of everyone else.
My current K/D in GoW 3 is .4, a score for me is usually 1-3 kills, 7-15 deaths

Don't know what to tell you then.

That's how I feel, except I'm the one who actually has to deal with it. It's aggravating me a lot.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

Just start practicing more, whether it's against bots or constantly playing with friends of yours. Trust me if you're actually practicing you WILL get better, if not then you're most likely not trying hard enough.

Nonetheless you shouldn't worry about that, continue putting hundreds of hours into games.. you should be playing it for fun not into becoming the best player out there or better than most people, maybe some of the games you're playing aren't the kind of genre you do well at, perhaps if you change it around you'll probably find one that you'll kick ass on.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

Just start practicing more, whether it's against bots or constantly playing with friends of yours. Trust me if you're actually practicing you WILL get better, if not then you're most likely not trying hard enough.

Nonetheless you shouldn't worry about that, continue putting hundreds of hours into games.. you should be playing it for fun not into becoming the best player out there or better than most people, maybe some of the games you're playing aren't the kind of genre you do well at, perhaps if you change it around you'll probably find one that you'll kick ass on.

Thanks so much, everyone.
I am practicing, I'm trying to learn the games mechanics more, I know the game doesn't always tell you the best strategies.
It's not that I have to be the best to have fun, it just gets annoying always being the bad one on the team.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

Something that helps me is spectating, seeing how other players handle different scenarios can be great.
  • Mister Pink likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:45 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 24 August 2014 - 01:46 AM.

If you play Gears alot, make that active reload your best friend. Tag enemies, pick up the easy power weapons(Boomshot, Digger, Torque Bow, One Shot), don't be afraid to melee, tag along teammates until you learn the maps but don't stay too close or you'll get chewed up by people with the sawed off. And finally, learn to wall bounce, even though it's a bit harder than on Gears 2.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Something that helps me is spectating, seeing how other players handle different scenarios can be great.

Camping behind a wall with the Sawed off?  :lol: JK.

I truely miss playing GOW 3 online. ***FYI*** Keep a backup save for those who still play it.

• AdmiralAmmunation likes this

android
  • android

The Invisible Man

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

Hey, you're not supposed to be so good at video games. Even though you may play 8+ a day, you still might not do good in, let's say, Battlefield.

I used to be so terrible in Call of Duty games, I used to get mad and quit. I learnt that you need to have fun. Don't push yourself to win, even though you may want to.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Camping behind a wall with the Sawed off?  :lol: JK.

I truely miss playing GOW 3 online. ***FYI*** Keep a backup save for those who still play it.
If you're just not playing anymore because you lost your save, you could probably just mod a new save back to what your old one had w/ Horizon. People are saying they've modded to Rank 400, 999 all medals recently and no bans, which makes sense since EPIC doesn't even own Gears of War anymore.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:06 AM

Thanks, but I play legit.

I was 20-30 levels away from my second re-up, the corruption put me back to level 17 with no medals, unlocked characters and weapon skins.

I'll just wait until the next Gears is out.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

In no way does your K/D Reflect your skill level.

As long as you're having fun, why care?

• Witchking Of Angmar and Coin like this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 24 August 2014 - 02:13 AM.

Thanks, but I play legit.

I was 20-30 levels away from my second re-up, the corruption put me back to level 17 with no medals, unlocked characters and weapon skins.

I'll just wait until the next Gears is out.

I don't know how long it's been since you played, but you level crazy fast now. I suck and I am currently level 100,3 mil+ experience since my last level up

Forgot to mention I got an Xbox late (I had a PS3 since forever) and started playing Gears 3 like a year ago

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

Thanks so much everyone, I feel a lot better now :)
Hopefully with practice I get better

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Try offline bots for Gears, so you can get the hang of the guns and how they handle.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

If you love videogames and have fun with them, others' opinions don't matter.
If YOU think you suck, practice.

Do not put the controller down.
Do not give up.
  • Coin likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:36 AM Edited by B Dawg, 25 August 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Be a support player :p Focus on healing (depending on game), assisting teammates and suprising enemies.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

You need to take a step away from gaming if all you seem to care about is your K/D ratio on games where people play that sh*t like f*cking religiously. I know people who have played Counter Strike Go for 1000+ hours and are top of their game and then you get casuals like me playing against them who just get f*cking owned. Makes me slightly mad, but then I realise I'm playing the game to have fun not to sink a million hours into the game and collect all those f*cking weapons that sell on marketplaces and sh*t. I listen to those guys talk about CS Go and it makes me feel really sad for them since they always talk about how much guns cost/sell for and sh*t like that. People need to step the f*ck back when it gets like that.

Anyway back to you, you obviously have in the back of your mind your K/D ratio. This is bad. You play games to unwind, not to rage. Having the added pressure of getting a good K/D ratio every time you play is not going to get you far, or let you improve. You're always mentioning that you suck, or someone says you suck. Stop thinking that, its only going to put more pressure on you and well, no offense but you're not helping yourself get better by thinking that.

Take sh*t slow. People tend to run around like headless chickens in MP games when they worry about their K/D score. Just get to know the maps, where people might camp. Get to know your weapons - some of them might have recoil that shoot in a f*cked up angle when you hold the trigger down. Try shooting in burst mode, or see how you can control the recoil. Look at some MP videos of people who are good and see what they do.

The most important thing though, you play games to unwind and relax. Games are intended to be fun distractions. The second you go into playing a game feeling like its a burden or that your K/D ratio will suck you need to stop playing and take a break until you can stop thinking like that.

• Coin likes this

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

your problem is that you are a filthy casual and should probably just go play bejeweled or candy crush

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users