Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is the auto shotgun cheap, (unfair)

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the auto shotgun cheap (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it cheap

1. Cheap always (24 votes [31.17%])

Percentage of vote: 31.17%

2. only cheap in death matches, gta races, vs missions, and other jobs (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

3. Only cheap in free mode (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Never cheap (49 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote
g26curtis
  • g26curtis

Respectable Criminal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

I see in a lot of places that people say it's op, I'm wondering if you guys think it's cheap

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yeah it's always cheap in the way that the RPG, drive by Sticky Bombs and the Mini-gun are all cheap, they all result in you dieing extremely fast and there is little you can do to counter them other than use the same weapons.

• Awesome9822 likes this

_Fedora_
  • _Fedora_

crisscross applesauce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:43 PM Edited by FedoraTheExplora, 23 August 2014 - 01:50 PM.

Yep, a person without a brain can use it. 

I use my sawed off shotgun because you can get easy kills with the auto shotty.

It should be unlocked at rank 150

• Xanbukka and FreshFinest like this

g26curtis
  • g26curtis

Respectable Criminal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

What's an alternative to the auto shotgun,

I use sticky bombs all the time b/c they are really fun(suicide bombing and messing with friends)

I only use RPGs on vehicles, haven't unlocked the minigun

I use the auto shotgun a lot, but I never see anyone use anything else, and I see stickys/RPGs all the time

I don't see how those are cheap, mabye the auto shotgun.

But when someone kills me with all 3 of those weapons I don't think much of it

nysudyrgh
  • nysudyrgh

Minigun is love. Minigun is life.

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

I mostly use it to maul people coming to run me over in their supercars. I like the Sawn-off Shotty more, but I rarely use it because I can't win against Assault Shotties.

breakingpoint04
  • breakingpoint04

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

the auto-shotgun is op like crazy, it's fun to use to destroy people so easy but once used against you, then it's annoying xD

gtaDaddy1
  • gtaDaddy1

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

I never start trouble online. But people who want to come up to me and start shooting, auto shotty is what they get. It's overpowered and useful. Granted I walk around a lot in free mode, so maybe I am looking for trouble....idk
  • lihety and FAT CURRY like this

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Ride or Die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

I rarely use it, Combat MG all the way :)

Android76
  • Android76

Shoot First

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:10 PM Edited by Android76, 23 August 2014 - 04:11 PM.

I wouldn't say so, I don't think I've been klilled by that more than any other gun.

I use it at times, when someone is trying to ram me with a car, or excessively combat rolling  etc. Most of the time I use the AP pistol or an assault rifle.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yes since it makes all other shotguns and smgs useless.

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Devasting gun for 'close up work',just like the combat MG for 'distant' work,you have to use the best weapons available to you,otherwise you are a fool....
  • luisniko and lihety like this

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

a kill is a kill, get it any way you can

(without hacking, glitching of course)

Basically you guys are saying its bad cause it works better in particular situations wtf. you wouldn't think it was cheap if i was trying to snipe you with it lol

• ten-a-penny, luisniko, 2Chains4Bracelets and 1 other like this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by Red Lynx 23, 23 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

My auto shottie gets used for up close killing, around rocks, corners, etc. But it's not my main weapons of choice. Combat MG and AP Pistol have LSPD tint unlocked, and I''m close with the carbine. Assault shotgun is currently orange tint, somewhere around a hundred seventy kills to unlock LSPD ting for it.

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

We are all lucky that Auto Shotty doesn't have Explosive Bullet option like in TBOGT or having a fire rate of TLAD assault shotgun.
  • ten-a-penny and LightningLord like this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by jazzbone, 23 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

The auto shotgun is a great weapon and may seem op if other players are killing you with it. However against npc enemies the auto shotgun is not op in the least bit.

Of all the weapons only the minigun and auto pistol seem unreal to me. The auto pistol has magical accuracy and power. Hand holding and firing a minigun is incredible. The other weapons often seem under powered and some enemies have magic armor that defeat .50 caliber bmg bullets.
Thanks then for the shotguns with the power 12 gauge buck shot provides. Without a semiauto tactical the auto shotgun is my first choice for close combat.

Xanbukka
  • Xanbukka

Anti-Group Think.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

I would implore some caution, when mentioning "fairness", with firearms, in GTAO. I see the online side of the game going arms-less, if R* gets another hair up their arse.......

:panic: 

:r*:  

SmilingAssassin
  • SmilingAssassin

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

I look forward to its nerfing, same way ap pistol went.

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

IGN Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

stop being too close...

• MuhNamesTyler likes this

Midnight Vibes
  • Midnight Vibes

very amaze craze

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

Always cheap. Very effective.

• Tigereyesxx likes this

TeamDarkstar
  • TeamDarkstar

Juan Wheeled Faggio!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

This is like saying the RPG is cheap. Better nerf it to Firework Launcher status so you have a pea shooter!

Maya Echo Visari
  • Maya Echo Visari

On mobile.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:39 AM Edited by SevDoggX, 24 August 2014 - 07:52 AM.

If it works for you, use it. It may be OP, but I mean, it's not like it's a weapon that only the rare few can hold, it's unlocked at like rank 35 right? Pretty much everyone has it then.

The only way I could ever find it cheap is to use it against somebody who doesn't have it, otherwise, you're just gimping yourself in a game that has built-in aimbot if you don't use it against people that have it themselves.

Why wouldn't you use the most effective weapon given your situation? Because of pride? If somebody wants to have a 'Pistol's Only' match, okay, but that's what deathmatches are for. That's not what freeroam is for. Rules don't apply there, there's too many things to take into account that you shouldn't really care. (Cops, namely)

'Don't feel ashamed for using something Rockstar put into the game, this isn't a first-person shooter.

But if you can kick ass without using the autoshotgun OP, then by all means, don't use it. But the weapon is there. I find that the game is a bit too 'casual' to really care for these things.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:24 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 24 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

Really f*cking cheap. People run around with auto shotguns thinking they're so skilled and smart because others don't use it.

I don't use the auto shotgun, when some little toddler comes up with an auto shotgun, I keep out of range. Little kids helplesly trying to fire at you from war away, it's hilarious how much they suck when their shotgun isn't winning for them.

Also, kids who scream when I set jobs to Forced + Pickups instead of Owned. That way they can't run away to their miniguns and auto shotties and they get their arses butchered in semi auto pistol 1v1s.

Turn auto-aim off, if someone's using an auto shotgun chances are they can't aim for sh*t. Move to the side and they start crying as you get a headshot with an assault rifle.
  • B Dawg and Caysle like this

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

You just suck at the game.

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

I voted for always cheap. Why would anyone use any other shotgun at close range? It does just as much damage with one hit with any other shotgun, but in rapid succession. It needs to have a gap in between two rounds, to make it a bit more fair. This way it can be punished, if missed.

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

I voted for always cheap. Why would anyone use any other shotgun at close range? It does just as much damage with one hit with any other shotgun, but in rapid succession. It needs to have a gap in between two rounds, to make it a bit more fair. This way it can be punished, if missed.

How about you learn how to play?

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by N7Operative84, 24 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

How about you understand the advantages of a auto shotgun versus a pump action and post again.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Bunch of whiners itt

It's a close range weapon, just use some strategy ffs

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

How about you understand the advantages of a auto shotgun versus a pump action and post again.
If you use a pump shotgun you're dumb.

Caysle
  • Caysle

Welcome To The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

These 31 people make me laugh lol

n0tj0sh33
  • n0tj0sh33

H20 Lean Same Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

How is it cheap? You have to be pretty close and also if you aren't complete crap at aiming almost every gun will kill you before you can counter with a headshot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users