Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Dimitri Rascalov the biggest backstabber in whole GTA series?

78 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'd say that depends on who you ask. Hell, maybe Tommy Vercetti's one of them.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by Zello, 24 August 2014 - 10:38 PM.

Dimitri wasn't that big of a backstabber I think that Big Smoke & Ryder, Lance Vance or Michael really made it feel personal since they were people you knew CJ grew up with Smoke & Ryder, Lance Vance helped Tommy and his empire and Trevor worked with Michael for years, compared to them Dimitri looks like a clown.

^Niko and Dimitri

Paul723
  • Paul723

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

What's that supposed to mean?

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

While the entire plotline to Chinatown Wars was shoddy, Uncle Kenny has to be the biggest backstabber in the whole series. He did order the death of his brother and then attempt to kill his nephew afterall, whilst decieving you into killing pretty much every other innocent Triad who stood in his way of becoming the boss.
  • TheUnholy and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

He was a big backstabber, and once you realized what he had done it made you sit there and think; "Wow... wtf just happened? He's so dead". However I'd have to agree with others, Big Smoke is the biggest for me. 

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

It realy made me angry when i had to kill Mikhail because of that prick. He seemed like a real badass, a maniac with clouded judgment alright but at least he wasn`t a rat and betrayal like Dimitri. I would rather have a maniac for my friend than a snitch and a backstabber.

And he saved Niko`s ass when that chimp Andrei tried to cut off his arm.

Mikhail was saving Dimitri`s ass while they were in prison together back in Russia. So i gues that Dimitri`s betrayal of Mikhail was even worse then when he betrayed Niko because they had history.

But just the same, stab someone`s back 3 times? It`s f*cking disgusting.

R* really managed to succes in making some of the most hateable characters in the history of video games. And those titles went to Dimitri, BS, Tenpenny, Pulaski, Vincenzo, Martinez, Diaz, Lance, Michael, Catalina...

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

It all depends on the person's perspectives. Tommy, despite his intentions, stabbed Sonny Forelli in the back.

• TheUnholy likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'd let all the big bad Tommy Vercetti fanboys jump on me after this, but I think Lance's betrayal was totally rightful. First of all, Tommy was treating like a douche towards him, sometimes seeing him as a simple errand boy, although they together built that gang, and Lance had the right of shooting word as much as Tommy had. Lance could be incompetent sometimes, but Tommy's attitudes towards him were generally excessive. In terms of morals and ethics, I don't like Tommy very much, to be honest. 

• Nicolas Chiribelo and universetwisters like this

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'd let all the big bad Tommy Vercetti fanboys jump on me after this, but I think Lance's betrayal was totally rightful. First of all, Tommy was treating like a douche towards him, sometimes seeing him as a simple errand boy, although they together built that gang, and Lance had the right of shooting word as much as Tommy had. Lance could be incompetent sometimes, but Tommy's attitudes towards him were generally excessive. In terms of morals and ethics, I don't like Tommy very much, to be honest. 

What are you talking about? I played through the whole Vice City storyline and not once had I seen Tommy mistreat Lance.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Dimitri was an an annoying backstabber, through out the entire story, I wanted to f*cking put a bullet between his eyes. He was annoyed the f*ck out of me because of what he did, and because of it: I wanted to kill him so badly. 

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

It all depends on the person's perspectives. Tommy, despite his intentions, stabbed Sonny Forelli in the back.

Altough i liked Tommy very much as a protag but i got to agree with you on this one. I had the same feeling, he did stabbed Sonny in the back. If you look at this, he wasn`t responsible for an ambushed deal but he soon made enough money to pay him off, he had properties, bussineses but he just didn`t want to gave him the payback cut. And at the end he wanted to get him off of his back with fake cash.

So yes, he stabbed his back but i think that he wanted to revenge on Sonny that way after he screwed him up that he went to jail for 15 years.

So, that was Tommy`s way of revenge on Sonny and i don`t see any moral problems with that. That SOB set him up back in 1971 pretty bad.

So in some ways every protags stabbs someone in the back atz certain points but those are more or less paybacks/revenges and it isn`t so moral questionable. But the way i see it, Claude was the biggest backstabbing protags in GTA. He works for Sal, he kills Sal. He works for Kenji, he kills Kenji. Only because of money.

And that`s why i didn`t like Claude, he was my worst protag ever, just because of his heartless "i-would-kill-even-my-own-mother-if-it-pays-good" attitude. He was different than any other GTA protag, they were all killing maniacs alright but neither of them would crossed every line for money and for each protag there were certain people that they wouldn`t want to kill no matter how high the amount of cash they`d got would be. Except for Claude. 

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

Sonny stabbed Tommy in the back 15 years prior to the VC storyline.
  • universetwisters likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 25 August 2014 - 08:21 PM.

What are you talking about? I played through the whole Vice City storyline and not once had I seen Tommy mistreat Lance.

There are few phone calls proving that, mate (oh yeah... and also the mission "Bar Brawl"). Tommy V was cool but he was douche at the same level of his swag. I suggest you to leave your extreme "Tommy"ism behind that, look at the truth. I didn't like Tommy too much because of this "hot-shot" behaviours of him. Mostly, Lance's betrayal was totally right, I don't care what people say. Tommy started to play "the King" shortly after his takeover, that's the whole incident.

• universetwisters likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

There are few phone calls proving that, mate (oh yeah... and also the mission "Bar Brawl"). Tommy V was cool but he was douche at the same level of his swag. I suggest you to leave your extreme "Tommy"ism behind that, look at the truth. I didn't like Tommy too much because of this "hot-shot" behaviours of him. Mostly, Lance's betrayal was totally right, I don't care what people say. Tommy started to play "the King" shortly after his takeover, that's the whole incident.

That`s completely true, Tommy became selfish and bossy at that part but Lance was a stupid prick for sold him out to Sonny because Sonny would wipe the floor with Lance`s ass as soon as he wouldn`t find him usefull anymore.

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Tommy had every right to shout at Lance in the cutscene of Bar Brawl. A bar was refusing to pay, and what does Lance do? Sit on his lazy ass drinking while Tommy does the job. Also, in his phone call, he told Lance clearly that he wouldn't rip him off or stab him in the back. Don't forget that Lance was the only person of the whole game that Tommy showed remorse for killing. And yes, Tommy does have a propensity to be sorta douchey at times, but he was just having a bad day almost every day. You spend 15 years in prison and have your boss put you in exile in another state and tell me how you would feel. Not too happy I bet.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Tommy had every right to shout at Lance in the cutscene of Bar Brawl. A bar was refusing to pay, and what does Lance do? Sit on his lazy ass drinking while Tommy does the job. Also, in his phone call, he told Lance clearly that he wouldn't rip him off or stab him in the back. Don't forget that Lance was the only person of the whole game that Tommy showed remorse for killing. And yes, Tommy does have a propensity to be sorta douchey at times, but he was just having a bad day almost every day. You spend 15 years in prison and have your boss put you in exile in another state and tell me how you would feel. Not too happy I bet.

Look, I already said that Lance was incompetent sometimes, but he has got his uses. Let me tell you this... Tommy should be thankful to Lance as well. During "Back Alley Brawl", if it wasn't for Lance who was with some pack of heat, Tommy would have been chopped by Leo Teal (who is one of the most brutal, stiff hitmen of the city [maybe he is the TOP when it comes to this] as far as it's secretly stated) and his crazy cook friends who are almost psycho like him. If somebody says "I'm not gonna stab you.", it doesn't mean he is not gonna stab that one... sorry but this theory is ridiculous. Look, I'M not gonna say Tommy was gonna backstab Lance, we'll never learn that but I think Lance was right to backstab Tommy. If a man acts you like you're useless piece of sh*t, although you've made it together and you're supposed to have equal rights on something, would you let it slide? I don't think so. Lance did what he rightfully felt like. I would understand the anger filled Tommy during 15 years of imprisonment, but if Tommy will act everyone like that because of this, I think he's like a teen who can't jerk off because his parents are home. My humble opinion is like that, man. Sorry... in my opinion, Tommy V was like Vegeta from Dragon Ball when it comes to being douche and cool at the same time.

That`s completely true, Tommy became selfish and bossy at that part but Lance was a stupid prick for sold him out to Sonny because Sonny would wipe the floor with Lance`s ass as soon as he wouldn`t find him usefull anymore.

I agree on this post, except the part Lance was stupid to betray Tommy. Lance maybe did not the best thing by it, the most righteous thing by betraying Tommy. On the other hand, Lance wouldn't run with Sonny too much, maybe he could have ended in six feet of dirt, I don't know... just simply because Sonny is the exact definition of greedy and opportunist. Although we couldn't see much of Sonny, the opening scene suggests that. 

Paul723
  • Paul723

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

I'm sorry but isn't that exactly what Vic did to him too? Treating him like a douche in VCS? People always dislike Tommy for his behavior towards Lance yet no one says anything about Vic treating him the same way (and yes. I understand why Vic treats him like that too).

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 25 August 2014 - 10:58 PM.

I'm sorry but isn't that exactly what Vic did to him too? Treating him like a douche in VCS? People always dislike Tommy for his behavior towards Lance yet no one says anything about Vic treating him the same way (and yes. I understand why Vic treats him like that too).

Good point. Although I like Vic very much, I'm gonna be honest. Lance states too, during Vice City "My brother would do that.". However, IMO, Lance is really incompetent, more importantly "live fast, die young" personality in VCS. He's really reckless, he always goes after what worths money and ends up inside a burning building or being kidnapped by a couple of brutal drug dealer or more excessively almost getting arrested by a DEA agent. Most of these thoughtless actions make Vic's treatment on Lance right, and the way I see it, Vic's attitudes towards Lance weren't harsh as Tommy's. However, sometimes Vic became douche on Lance for nothing, rarely he was wrong for getting douchy on Lance. In most ways, I find Vic's attitudes towards Lance right and mostly for holding his leash to not screw things up.

• Nicolas Chiribelo likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

I think Lance was planning on betraying Tommy from the start, for example, why does he know Tommy was in that alleyway killing Leo? And sometimes during the story Lance will call Tommy for money.(Lance sounds very nervous in these calls, and probably the amount of money that was in the drug deal in the beginning). He also states in his betrayal "This is vice city, this is buisness!".

So he planned to help Tommy build a big empire then overthrow him with the help of Sonny Forelli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users