Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Dimitri Rascalov the biggest backstabber in whole GTA series?

94 replies to this topic
MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

I can`t see anyone else so f*cked up as him. They were plenty in all GTAs but Dimitri must be the bigest traitor ever. He stabs your back 3 times and stabs everyone he knows..

I felt somehow bad when you needed to kill Mikhail for that prick so he could f*ck you up again. Mikhail was a psycho but at least he wasn`t such a backstaber like Dimitri. 

So what do you think? And who were the bigest bad guys/traitors in the GTA games? I think Dimitri is the bigest scumbag ever seen in GTA games.

Please name your most hated characters.

• theGTAking101, Niobium and matajuegos01 like this

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

No , i would say Ryder and Big Smoke from GTA SA or either Kenny Wu from GTA CW.

• RyanBurnsRed, chilleverest and Twerkwon9 like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I don't think dimitri is the biggest backstabber in the whole series. But the way he betrayed niko felt real, especially his quote.( 

"You know, if there is one thing I've learned, it's that we must obey the rules of the game. We can pick the game, Niko Bellic, but we cannot change the rules." ―Dimitri Rascalov.
  • GroundZero, theGTAking101, Zello and 1 other like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Man, Ryder and Smoke were two pushers who didn't know any better than selling dope and wanted to get rich;
Dimitri was a backstabber by nature of betraying everyone he knew just like Niko said him, he  didn't HAD to backstab his friends, he CHOOSE to do it;
Kenny Wu was a immoral asshole who betrayed his own family to rise through the ranks of Yakuza but the guy had his reasons, he was tired of working his ass for them and not getting a proper reward;
Bottom line is, I would say Dimitri because the guy is just f*cked up like that, he chooses to betray his friends because he fells like it.

• Mister Pink likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Dimitri was a big backstabber, but not the biggest. That goes to Ryder and Big Smoke. At the beginning of the game, we all thought Ryder and Smoke were our partners and real friends: we felt connected to them as CJ. But when they betrayed us (CJ) it felt so real and we (CJ) got angry. It was cool how R* did it

• LeonTheKiller, RyanBurnsRed, AnDReJ98 and 4 others like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

No. That honor goes to Michael Townley.

What makes him all the more despicable is that he succeeded.

• Blingy, Mister Pink, The Made Man and 9 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

We were all equal in the end.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Dimitri was a rat.

But not the biggest rat in the series. That name goes to Big Smoke.

• Zello likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

To be fair that will depend on how you'll want to end the story.
And I think he didn't had much of a choice, Trevor was a lunatic that could have got his crew killed, plus he had his family to worry about raising in safety and well.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

The biggest one that would hurt me the most would be someone you trusted, grew up and have been close together, without ever thinking about the betrayal, and I usually end up imagining Big Smoke as the biggest backstabbers.
Although, quite predictable once you get deeper into the story.
  • Zello and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by MrVance, 22 August 2014 - 08:56 PM.

I don`t know, i felt realy angry because of Dimitri`s betrayal. It was so sick and sneaky. He used Niko to kill Mikhail who was way better than Dimitri. He was a maniac but i kind of liked him, he was real baddas, a terrifying russian mobster, but he wasn`t snitch while Dimitri was just a poor, pathetic, sneaky little meds addict.. Niko would have work with Mikhail good if Dimitri wouldn`t f*cked all up.

I remember when Mikhail warned Niko in that mission in perestroika bar that Dimitri will betray Niko soon as possible. That was a bad decision, shame you didn`t have choices to make either kill or spare Mikhail`s life.

As for other betrayals, yeah BS and Ryder were real low sons of bitches. That must realy hurted CJ when his own homies betrayed him that way.

There were also Jerry Martinez (VCS), Vincenzo Cilli (LCS), Lance and Diaz (VC), Bulgarin (TBOGT), Brian and Billie (TLAD) and Michael (V) but i think the biggest  backstabbers are Dimitri, Martinez and BS & Ryder.

• Payne Killer likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

He didn't backstab them, he was forced to thanks to Dave Norton. He had no choice, or else Dave would turn him in for what? 50 years in prison? Lol. But I don't get why people call Michael a backstabber when he had no choice when some random FIB dude comes up to him with a cross deal to either do something or not. 

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

No Dave didn't catch Michael Michael turned himself in. You missed the entire point of the story

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

In my opinion the biggest backstabbers in GTA are:

Big Smoke and Ryder(GTA SA)-they betrayed people they knew from childhood and a gang that they were a part of since they were teens.

Dimitri(GTA 4)-he used Niko to kill the former leader of his gang and become the new leader,and then he betrayed him.

Catalina(GTA 3)-she had a relationship with Claude for years,but then she not only dumped him for that Columbian cartel leader,but tried to kill him because she considered him to be small time criminal.

Lance Vance(GTA VC)-Tommy helped him to get revenge on Diaz for killing his brother Victor(not to mention that Tommy also made him a high ranking member of his gang),and then Lance betrayed him later.

Billy and Brian(GTA TLAD)-they betrayed their gang,Billy because he wanted to reduce his prison sentence(and he also tried to order a hit on Johnny by triads before he got arrested)and Brian because he was too loyal to Billy.

• Mister Pink, sqre and Nonstopmaximum like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

^ yeah, I think Billy & Brian were the biggest backstabbers. However, Lance Vance hit me the hardest.  I mean, that guy was with Tommy from (almost the beginning). The fact that he would slowly catch an attitude and betray Tommy was difficult to think about. Lance really was a cool character.

• sqre likes this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

I don`t know, i felt realy angry because of Dimitri`s betrayal. It was so sick and sneaky. He used Niko to kill Mikhail who was way better than Dimitri. He was a maniac but i kind of liked him, he was real baddas, a terrifying russian mobster, but he wasn`t snitch while Dimitri was just a poor, pathetic, sneaky little meds addict.. Niko would have work with Mikhail good if Dimitri wouldn`t f*cked all up.

I remember when Mikhail warned Niko in that mission in perestroika bar that Dimitri will betray Niko soon as possible. That was a bad decision, shame you didn`t have choices to make either kill or spare Mikhail`s life.

As for other betrayals, yeah BS and Ryder were real low sons of bitches. That must realy hurted CJ when his own homies betrayed him that way.

There were also Jerry Martinez (VCS), Vincenzo Cilli (LCS), Lance and Diaz (VC), Bulgarin (TBOGT), Brian and Billie (TLAD) and Michael (V) but i think the biggest  backstabbers are Dimitri, Martinez and BS & Ryder.

Eh, I am not really sure. That guy was an ass from the get-go. He treated Toni like he was nothing and talked down to him. Plus, he set him in that mission when you had to go pick up his car. You can call it betrayal, but Toni didn't trust him from the start.

• Zello likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Dimitri was just in business with Niko for a short time.
Darko? Ryder? Big Smoke? Billy Grey? Brian Jeremy? I think masquerading as a long time friend and turing traitor is a bit worse.
  • B Dawg, Zello and Payne Killer like this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

I think what happened to Dimitri was more like a spoiled feeling that came with the power. I really don't think Dimitri really wanted to have Faustin killed, he was trying to control him, he was trying to make him sensible which Mikhail isn't... Mikhail is more like the "sensitive" type. IMO, Dimitri even did try to put some reason on Petrovic to have him not put a hit on Mikhail, but Petrovic is hot-headed as Faustin at least. So, like they say Dimitri "did what he had to"... Like he says "Wherever you go, people will find you if they want to badly enough. And for this, they want blood.". If Dimitri hadn't made Niko kill Faustin, he would have probably ended up being dead in Humboldt, possibly along with Mikhail too. We know Petrovic is a very dangerous and a powerful man, Dimitri had stiff reasons for what he did. Although I felt sorry for him, Faustin got what was coming to him. Faustin was reckless, he didn't think about his actions... he was wacky enough to put "green light" on the son of a crazy, angry Russian mobster like Kenny Petrovic. So, Faustin's downfall was a bit like Tony Montana's... Mikhail's snow must have been pretty strong.

I know I've come Devil's Advocate, but this is my clearest opinion on Dimitri's betrayal on Faustin. However, it's quite annoying when Dimitri backstabs Niko, which makes him one of the best antagonists in the series, judging by Dimitri's good nature for Niko till' now.

BTW, I agree with Tyla on Michael... he gotta be the biggest backstabber on the series. Really... we gotta give Michael the Oscar for this. Michael never hesitates to be a backstabbing piece of sh*t. He always says he has got his causes, but the way I see... it's Michael's classical bad nature which he doesn't ashamed of, although he says he's being tortured by the mistaskes he made in the past. Come on, Mikey... you're a big, fat Judas and you have been never bugged out of it. We all know that. Don't play "I'm the poor man whose fortunate mistakes don't leave him although I'm trying to be 'holier-than-thou'.".

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

No, Dimitri and Michael are definitely not the biggest backstabbers. Dimitri and Niko only worked together for a short time, it had little meaning or emotional weight. Michael and Trevor was emotional, sure, but not the most emotional in the series.

Big Smoke's betrayal was. He and CJ grew up together. Ryder, everyone knew he was an addict and everyone probably considered the chance he might have gone mad one day. But Smoke, he was real tight with CJ and Sweet. And he didn't want to betray his family, he tried what he could to convince Sweet to start dealing drugs, not to mention Sweet was hurting the gang when CJ left. Smoke couldn't turn down the opportunity and backstabbed his gang and the homies he grew up with.

That, in my opinion, is the biggest betrayal in the series. Childhood friends trying to kill each other.

Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Blolla 9HA

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7, 23 August 2014 - 03:46 AM.

No , i would say Ryder and Big Smoke from GTA SA or either Kenny Wu from GTA CW.

Ryder was a  "sherm-head" throughout the game

Drive-Thru-GTASA.jpg

Dimitri.png

"Wake up! We had to gag him to stop the screaming. "

―Dimitri's first words to Niko

"You know, if there is one thing I've learned, it's that we must obey the rules of the game. We can pick the game, Niko Bellic, but we cannot change the rules."

―Dimitri Rascalov words to Niko when friends

"f*ck you... you dick."

―Dimitri's last words

sqre
  • sqre

Vice City Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

lance vance. he betrayed tommy and tried at one point to betray vic.

Paul723
  • Paul723

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

Ryder, everyone knew he was an addict and everyone probably considered the chance he might have gone mad one day. But Smoke, he was real tight with CJ and Sweet. And he didn't want to betray his family.

Neither did Ryder. The only reason he became a traitor is because Smoke convinced him to do so, and even though he was brusque towards CJ, he was still cool with him and Sweet as well. So if Big Smoke didn't become a traitor, then neither would Ryder.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

I mean, that guy was with Tommy from (almost the beginning). The fact that he would slowly catch an attitude and betray Tommy was difficult to think about.

So what if Lance was with Tommy from the beginning?
He was working with him simply because to help each other in killing Diaz.
Though, Tommy always treated him as someone he had to make him realise for all the mistakes than trust closely enough. Tommy had to focused to establish himself and the gang. While, Lance frequently felt insulted because of the Tommy's attitude on a number of occasions, thus he never really trusted Tommy, more than looking after his position and respect in the gang for example:
> In mission Bar Brawl - "I feel you're not giving me a fair slice. And more than that, you been embarrassing me in front of the boys. I can't have that"
> Further, in mission Cop land - "Keep your mouth shut there Tommy, 'cause I ain't got time to talk. I ain't interested in what you got to say. Why should I be? You don't care about me, do you? You gotta look after me a bit better. Give me a fair slice, you know... "

Basically, after playing the missions you get the idea that the scenario was building for the betrayal to come, but only on the right moment, and opportunity.
So, in my opinion, Lance can't be considered as the biggest backstabber, it was quite easy for him to break the partnership.
It wasn't shocking to me.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Basically, after playing the missions you get the idea that the scenario was building for the betrayal to come, but only on the right moment, and opportunity.
So, in my opinion, Lance can't be considered as the biggest backstabber, it was quite easy for him to break the partnership.
It wasn't shocking to me.

Fair point(s). I see whatcha mean. I gotta play VC again. Last time I played, I was kinda young. I guess I didn't pick up that foreshadowing that quickly back then. But true..

arch stanton
  • arch stanton

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

No. That would have to go to Big Smoke, who convinced Ryder.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure if I'd call Dimitri the biggest back stabber, but he's easily the most manipulative.

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by Trademark LAS, 23 August 2014 - 11:33 AM.

He is up there. I remember my first playthrough and how I was just itching to put a bullet through his head. It's a shame we go from great antagonists like Dimitri to the likes of Devin Weston and Steve Haines.

• Blingy, Sergiu and Pedinhuh like this

Chevy Wolfs
  • Chevy Wolfs

A Bloody Christmas Miracle

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Well, I'll say it like this. I played VC, SA, and then IV. At first, in VC when our friend Lance turned from good to evil, it felt bad... But I somehow knew, that he is soon going to betray us. I don't know how.

Then SA. It was like, wow R* added so much things, it is epic. But Ryder and Big Smoke were like family and when I saw the cutscene where it was shown, that they are rats... I felt the same way CJ did. Shocked like hell, and bit angry.

But in GTA IV, I actually didn't expect Dimitri to turn on us. But when he turned against us, I was angry at him, the whole game! Just like Niko. R* has this thing, which makes us feel the betrayal, like it was real.

• Blingy and Kampret like this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:36 PM Edited by JustRob, 23 August 2014 - 12:36 PM.

I agree, that last scene where Big Smoke explains what he did and shows remorse, and CJ feeling genuinely sad for losing his friend, that was just an amazing moment.

• Osho likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

No Dave didn't catch Michael Michael turned himself in. You missed the entire point of the story

Michael didn't turn himself in, why the f*ck would he do that? Dave found him and told him that he could relocate to LS and get a new life and new identity, because Michael was ''americas most wanted man'' or something cheesy like that

Twerkwon9
  • Twerkwon9

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:11 PM Edited by Twerkwon9, 23 August 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Catalina first she cheated on cj then broke up on him after damaging his nice ass car then she gave him that crappy garage. Then when she and claude got to liberty she shot him and 8-ball and left them for dead. Then she shot miguel in the leg and left him to asuka and claude. Then came back and killing him and asuka.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users