Quantcast

» «
Photo

Explanation: Why people moan when R* release FREE DLC.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by sSphInXx, 22 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Foreword: I will be adding a TL,DR bit at the end for all the special people with less brain cells time.

Also, DLC/Updates, whatever, I'm not arguing semantics, you know what I'm talking about.

I want to make this explanation as balanced and non bias as possible...but we have to be honest right from the start and say R* are a bunch of twankers. That out of the way let us continue...

The best things in life are free...or so they say! Now I don't know about you, but I certainly would not like a free packaged turd in my letter box (mail box). Even if it came in the finest packaging money could buy, with the prettiest bow you've ever seen...at the end of the day all you're left with is a turd.

Using the above example, this is what the Flight school DLC was. An awesome montage video (packaging) depicting some great new clothes and actions (bow) but when we downloaded the DLC, all we were left with is a turd.

Now to all the R* fan boys I have my zipper already undone for you so kneel down and let's get down to business. I know these updates are FREE - but just like the turd, even if I'm getting it for free, I rather not have it. Give me some substantial content and I am happy to PAY money for it. I have no problem doing that, as long as it's worth me paying for it.

The same applies to other services in real life. As a consumer I want good product and if it falls short of what was advertised then I want my complaint to be addressed. Rockstar really does not of this. Example:

I live in the UK (Family are from Portugal) and over here we have something called beans on toast. For me, I like beans on toast with cheese. Looks something like:

stock-photo-toasted-bread-topped-with-ba

If I was to walk into a Café or breakfast bar, the above is what I'd expect to see if I ordered. Toast, warm beans and grated cheese sprinkled carefully over the top. It's very simple.

Now if we imagine this Café was called Rockstar Games, they would show you the above in their menu and once you order it, they'd tell you it would be ready in five minutes. Half an hour later, they'd tell you it'll be at your table soon. Then they'd tell you that it'll be here tomorrow and they will give it to you for free because of the inconvenience it has caused you. Next morning you go in and tell the the person behind the counter you are eligible for a free meal of beans on toast w/cheese.

They would tell you to sit down and a waiter will be over soon to take your order.

At lunch time the person from the counter would come to you and ask you if you were waiting to be served. You tell him you've been waiting since the morning to be served. His eyes open wide and he starts to apologise, runs to the kitchen, comes back apologises again and offers you to buy shark card gift voucher which will make it easier to buy the beans on toast. You then tell them tell him you were promised it for free. He walks into the kitchen and no one comes out...you call out for some assistance and get no response from anyone. You decide to stop wasting your time and walk out.

Later that year you walk past the café where the man behind the counter is counting his wads of cash whilst smoking a spliff and sniffing lines coke. He tells you he remembers you and is sorry for everything you had to go through. He tells you "we have some beans on toast ready right now, please take a seat and it'll be on your table soon!"

You sit down. A little while later a you are struck on the back of the head with a bag of flour, the ceiling breaks open and water comes streaming down and then whilst you're trying to get out a R*Games Café employee throws yeast onto the floor causing you to slip and land on your back. You try to get up but are then hammered in the privates with a can of beans. Looking like a survivor of D-Day you crawl to the front door where Brian B walks in with a cow ready to be milked and ejaculates on your face before walking out the door.

Now even though you have everything you need to make beans on toast with cheese, and even though it's free - this is not what you were shown.

It's like ordering an Apple computer and getting this:

51039c28a6710c131c000005_ref.jpg

Before online was released in Septermber 2013, we were promised heists. We were then Promised heists in Spring 2014...still no heists. I now type this post almost a year after the game's release...and yes...still - no - heists. 

The underlining point to all of this is; 'If you're going to advertise something, then ensure that you deliver. If you feel you can not commit to the advert then back out'.

People don't like being mislead and this is why they are unhappy.

This is why people moan when R* release free DLC.

TL,DR: http://www.npr.org/2...o-back-to-class

• GENGHISKH4N, Demetri_FTO_1., iStealthDeath and 2 others like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

They piss and moan because about 90% of them are under 18 and...

Spoiler

• ten-a-penny, Demetri_FTO_1., Khelandros and 1 other like this

PelvisTornado
  • PelvisTornado

Allergic To Sanity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by PelvisTornado, 22 August 2014 - 12:15 PM.

I like where this is going OP.

• Fearx-- likes this

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by sSphInXx, 22 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.

They piss and moan because about 90% of them are under 18 and...

Spoiler

Would you consider yourself the 10%? If so, don't click the spoiler :S

Spoiler

• GENGHISKH4N likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

MMMM beans on Toast

• sSphInXx and Fearx-- like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

tl; still did r.

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

The mission payout system is far better now, played so many good missions for a change
  • ZenJenga and LuCkySabeR like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

The beans on toast looks tasty.

• Nitty Don and The7thOne like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users