[RUMOUR] GTA V for PC in March 2015

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic
HesamB
  • HesamB

Yesterday watched a whole season of The Office :|

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by HesamB, 25 August 2014 - 05:09 AM.

The main worries for Rockstar if they release the PC Ver. Of GTA 5 is people will end up copying the game and let people download it for free... GTA 4 is the example. Then Rockstar cannot get $$$ and people will play the free ver. of the game.

This is not a worry. 

There will always be pirates. This fact cannot stop production of games for the PC platform, as proven by the past, present and foreseeable future.

Agreed.

Also in consoles are pirates too, i remember that V was for download in torrent sites 1 week before the release

The average PC gamer buy much more games than the average console gamer.

And in reality, publishers loose much more sales over console gamers reselling their game than over PC gamers pirating them:

1 game torrented a game does not equal 1 lost sale, between people who wouldn't buy it anyway if piracy didn't exist, people who just want to see if the game is any good then buy it if it is or delete it if it isn't, people who just want to see if it runs on their rig, people who would buy it but can't on account on being too young to have a credit card or the game not being available in their country. Saying, thinking, or implying "1 pirated copy = 1 lost sale" is just ignorant at best, dishonest at worst.

1 resold game on the other hand does equal 1 lost sale, you bought your copy and you're reselling it to someone who obviously would buy it since he is buying it but from you.

Man your absolutely true. like In my country ( iran ) as you know we're under sanctions pretty much by everyone, no original game gets sold here, I mean this is being the case for almost 30 years. unfortunately we have no choice but to download from torrents or buy from our local game shops whom also sell JUST PIRATE VERSIONS on disks.

I mean it's sad but true. we're becoming more like f*cking North Korea by day.

and it's not like pirating the game by us hurts the sales, it doesn't get sold here anyway.

*EDIT* I'm not proud of this or anything, just telling the truth. If I could I'd buy every game than I have right now to support the developers. I mean pirates who can buy the game and dont( not for the reasons that u said) are no better than thieves.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

They already officially announced it would come out 2014 fall. I don't think they would just screw us over like that.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by The Algerian, 25 August 2014 - 01:16 PM.

The main worries for Rockstar if they release the PC Ver. Of GTA 5 is people will end up copying the game and let people download it for free... GTA 4 is the example. Then Rockstar cannot get $$$ and people will play the free ver. of the game.

This is not a worry. 

There will always be pirates. This fact cannot stop production of games for the PC platform, as proven by the past, present and foreseeable future.

Agreed.

Also in consoles are pirates too, i remember that V was for download in torrent sites 1 week before the release

The average PC gamer buy much more games than the average console gamer.

And in reality, publishers loose much more sales over console gamers reselling their game than over PC gamers pirating them:

1 game torrented a game does not equal 1 lost sale, between people who wouldn't buy it anyway if piracy didn't exist, people who just want to see if the game is any good then buy it if it is or delete it if it isn't, people who just want to see if it runs on their rig, people who would buy it but can't on account on being too young to have a credit card or the game not being available in their country. Saying, thinking, or implying "1 pirated copy = 1 lost sale" is just ignorant at best, dishonest at worst.

1 resold game on the other hand does equal 1 lost sale, you bought your copy and you're reselling it to someone who obviously would buy it since he is buying it but from you.

Man your absolutely true. like In my country ( iran ) as you know we're under sanctions pretty much by everyone, no original game gets sold here, I mean this is being the case for almost 30 years. unfortunately we have no choice but to download from torrents or buy from our local game shops whom also sell JUST PIRATE VERSIONS on disks.

I mean it's sad but true. we're becoming more like f*cking North Korea by day.

and it's not like pirating the game by us hurts the sales, it doesn't get sold here anyway.

*EDIT* I'm not proud of this or anything, just telling the truth. If I could I'd buy every game than I have right now to support the developers. I mean pirates who can buy the game and dont( not for the reasons that u said) are no better than thieves.

Yes, it's the same when I go to Algeria (though I live in France since birth), these games aren't available for purchase there, so we have whole countries like that with people who can't buy the game and therefore torrent them. This represent millions of people.

So these numbers are only taken into account by dishonest/incompetent people in the industry and ignorant gamers mostly console gamers. 

• HesamB likes this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 25 August 2014 - 06:13 PM.

They already officially announced it would come out 2014 fall. I don't think they would just screw us over like that.

Boy it`s a one long October huh? They officially announced that Heists will be coming out by the end of October 2013. It`s 2014 now. Later R* promised them for spring... It`s August now... At this point they can take that "official announcement" wipe their butts with it and say "screw it! GTA5 PS4/XB1/PC will come out Spring 2015". What I`m saying is they can screw us over however they want. And the truth it that nothing will happen. GTA is basically the Monopoly of the genre. Which game is competing with GTA? They could release the new version in 2016 if they wanted and it would probably still sell good, because they would throw in some "exclusive" shiny thingy and bring those little stars in every GTA fans eyes and would close eyes on the fact that the game would be 2 or 3 years old already. Not gonna lie, I would probably close my eyes too. So don`t expect anything to be confirmed until it`s written in stone. Fall 2014 could be the second Spring 2014. Just saying. :panic:

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 25 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

The Take-Two financial report that was 3 weeks ago said in it that they expect somewhere between $1.3 to $1.4 Billion in revenue ending March 31, 2015. Now there are a lot of other games that T2 puts out but R*s games always account for a huge slice.

They do not want it to slip and potentially lose revenue for the fiscal year. Unless there is some last minute event (Knocks on wood) this isn't getting delayed.

mszigeti
  • mszigeti

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

LOL is this supposed to be an argument or what? Every game that ever has been delayed had an original release date set, like GTA V did with fall. That doesn't mean sh*t.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by DIEXEL, 25 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

I hear delay word ? a82f38b614a6f3a26cb63641aa93c59b.PNG

I've no confidence in the stupid Rockstar Support and what they say. They've said so much sh*t through the year and they've no clues what the real Rockstar does and thinks!

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

I hear delay word ? a82f38b614a6f3a26cb63641aa93c59b.PNG

I've no confidence in the stupid Rockstar Support and what they say. They've said so much sh*t through the year and they've no clues what the real Rockstar does and thinks!

rockstar botnet (aint real ppl replies) lol

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Well thank god it didn't went that far!

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

No point in this thread anymore, since there is a pinned one here, which includes the recent announcement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users