Photo

How did you imagine Lazlow would look?

29 replies to this topic
The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:46 AM

I know that in V, he physically appeared and even before V, I had seen pictures of him online. However, before seeing the pictures, I mostly envisioned the III version and the San Andreas version, though LCS isn't too far behind, to look somewhat like radio host and former wrestling announcer Todd Pettengill for some reason. Other thought was maybe Michael Cole, who is also a wrestling announcer, or at least something similar. He gave me a nerdy vibe in III as well as in San Andreas.

As for Vice City and VCS, I thought a nerdy guy trying to look hip with either a mullet or long hair. I would have thought the concept art for the V-Rock album cover, but the VCS version probably would have tried the same image except a lot nerdier. Bear in mind, it was two years before VC, and I think he was supposed to be an intern or co-host and not totally up to speed with the images, hence Couzin Ed's verbal abuse to him.

As for IV, well listening to Integrity 2.0 made me think of how he described his looks in one of the segments. I can say that he might have had the image as shown in V, except I think in EfLC, I think he said that he had facial hair.

I know I should probably say about the other radio hosts, but seriously, some of the ones in San Andreas made me think of the people who voiced them. Like I thought of the Fourth Right MC looking like Chuck D or The Funktipus looking like George Clinton. You get the picture.

Overall, I am just wondering.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

matt-lauer.jpg?d=600

I f*cking sh*t you not, when I was younger and played GTA 3, I always imagined him looking like Matt Lauer from the Today Show. Then when I played Vice City I just pictured the same but with long hair. I didn't look up what he really looked like until around San Andreas came out and it ruined it for me.

• HAMMER_OF_THOR13 and Onett like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Prior to seeing what Lazlow really looked like (in both V and in real life via interviews and pictures) I imagined him to be a pencil-neck geek who broadcasted from his mother's basement. And in IV I would always try to hunt him down on the streets and find him while he was doing his Integrity show. It would have been hilarious to see what he did to that hotdog guy.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

"HELLY-COPTER LANDING PAD!"

• universetwisters, TheDeaconBosco, Awesom-0 and 1 other like this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Phil

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Dylan Walsh

ba880daff9014e21d69a5419c3e4f496.jpg

...but with a Handlebar mustache

dillono
  • dillono

That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by dillono, 22 August 2014 - 04:32 AM.

In IV, my first GTA game, I didn't think much of lazlow, but I envisioned a blonde 28-ish year old man thats just a casually guy with a voice on the radio.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

joedirt_mullet.jpg
  • Fuzzknuckles, Tony., lolleroz and 5 others like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:04 AM

MV5BMTUyNjU0MjA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ0

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:04 AM

joedirt_mullet.jpg

This, except slightly chubbier and slightly balding by the time IV took place. He always sounded like a mulleted blond guy to me, rocking the Joe Dirt look, and then I saw a picture of what he actually looked like years ago and was almost right.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 22 August 2014 - 09:21 AM.

I knew what he looked like before V, I found out he was real on TVTropes, and looked the guy up. I was disappointed. :/

I expected him to be skinny, pale, have short brown hair, and maybe wear a baseball cap.

Here's a good picture of what I expected from a gis of Lazlow. Apparently it's another radio announcer for an unrelated football show. (He had Lazlow on as a guest.) (http://www.thefootba...iewthread/6949/)

XdZEd2w.png

• Judicious 7 and Zeberpal like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

GTA3 was one of the finest games of all time.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

GTA3 was one of the finest games of all time.

And this is an irrelevant post.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

joedirt_mullet.jpg

This.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

I don't know, but for some reason Ace Ventura has always come my mind when Lazlow is the deal.

0ZP5IbX.jpg?1

Father Fatal
  • Father Fatal

Sinister Minister

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by Father Fatal, 24 August 2014 - 12:46 AM.

Believe it or not, I always imagined him looking like Carson Daly since first listening to Chatterbox in III.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

The way he looked in real life.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

in GTA VCS i expect him to be like he was in V but younger and some piercings

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I know that in V, he physically appeared and even before V, I had seen pictures of him online. However, before seeing the pictures, I mostly envisioned the III version and the San Andreas version, though LCS isn't too far behind, to look somewhat like radio host and former wrestling announcer Todd Pettengill for some reason. Other thought was maybe Michael Cole, who is also a wrestling announcer, or at least something similar. He gave me a nerdy vibe in III as well as in San Andreas.

As for Vice City and VCS, I thought a nerdy guy trying to look hip with either a mullet or long hair. I would have thought the concept art for the V-Rock album cover, but the VCS version probably would have tried the same image except a lot nerdier. Bear in mind, it was two years before VC, and I think he was supposed to be an intern or co-host and not totally up to speed with the images, hence Couzin Ed's verbal abuse to him.

As for IV, well listening to Integrity 2.0 made me think of how he described his looks in one of the segments. I can say that he might have had the image as shown in V, except I think in EfLC, I think he said that he had facial hair.

I know I should probably say about the other radio hosts, but seriously, some of the ones in San Andreas made me think of the people who voiced them. Like I thought of the Fourth Right MC looking like Chuck D or The Funktipus looking like George Clinton. You get the picture.

Michael Cole? are you kidding with me? Michael Cole looks like a dumbass, nothing I envisioned of Lazlow

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Michael Cole? are you kidding with me? Michael Cole looks like a dumbass, nothing I envisioned of Lazlow

I said BACK THEN when I played GTA III I envisioned of him like that but it was mostly Todd Pettengill who I mostly thought he would look like. If you don't know, here's how he looks:
1996499.jpg

When he was a wrestling announcer:

tve75508-19970323-1877.jpg

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I imagined him to look similar to how he looked like in his GTA VC artwork

Lazlow-Artwork.jpg

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

a13161401647f5f0d2f9faade60d340e9f400f49

I think he said he had a mustache in GTA IV

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Depraved Bisexual

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

I always imagined he looked like Dale Gribble, especially in VCS.
  • universetwisters and Drunken Cowboy like this

The Other Dude
  • The Other Dude

Don't you go disrespecting coconut water!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

"HELLY-COPTER LANDING PAD!"

Exactly, considering that on his radio segment it was mentioned that he had a bald spot AND man titties. Additionally, with him being around so long I figured he'd look older but no, in GTAV his portrayal is the furthest thing that comes to mind when I hear his name. I understand that they based his character on his physical appearance in real life but they didn't have to, I mean look at characters like Johnny and Lamar, they don't look like their voice actors.

As for how I pictured him, going from how he was described in IV, I instantly thought of this guy:

judahfriedlanderve1_0%5B1%5D.jpg

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

The Wheelman

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

The way he looks like in real life.

pnybt.jpg

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

This did not need a bump.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

Who's Lazlow?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Who's Lazlow?

Assuming you're not trolling, the dude who acts (and now writes) the radio stuff like chatterbox, VRock, etc.

• Miamivicecity likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

I thought he looks like one of our neighbors' son who listened rock all the time.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

I think he looks like This

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

Who's Lazlow?

Assuming you're not trolling, the dude who acts (and now writes) the radio stuff like chatterbox, VRock, etc.

How can a GTA fan not know who Lazlow is?

• Nicolas Chiribelo and universetwisters like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users