@ joe grizzly,, got it. thx

Farque2
  • Farque2

[ - INSERT TITLE HERE - ]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

just 

@farque2 im on PS3 feel free to add me so we can get into some stunt sessions! its only me and one other member right now.. everyone else thats stutin are on ps4

Will do next time i'm on.    Same PSN name as your forum name?  Thx

psn: joeGRIZZLY987

make sure you include a message so i kno who it is.. i usually ignore blank FR unless i know who its from.

just sent u a friend request.  hope to hang out soon!

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

Excellent thread!! Thanks so much for sharing. I've created my own playlists from your races and have done the first eight except for #2. i cant seem to get that one for some reason. I find that if i have too much speed, the jersey wall doesn't spawn in time and i just end up riding off the freeway ramp, however if i slow down enough to have the barrier appear then i don't have enough speed to make it.  Curious if anyone else has had this problem?  I'm on PS3, I have (at least I pay for) a pretty quick internet conection speed. Also, im using my ruffian. Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks again for giving me a new perspective the game!!

Cheers

It used to always render well in time to see it and line up with it, so I'm guessing something must have changed.  I'm sure there are some conspiracists who can explain to you how Rockstar and Sony have a deal where they start making the game gradually worse so that it eventually becomes so bad you buy a PS4 :p

Anyway, it should actually be there, despite it not rendering so it's very strange if you're just going straight through it.

I'll try it myself on PS3 tonight and let you know how I get on.

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

@Furry monkey... I got it last night. I rebooted my modem(hadn't done that for a while) & it was right there where it should have been. Don't know if that was my problem last time but it's working just fine now. Cheers
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

@Furry monkey... I got it last night. I rebooted my modem(hadn't done that for a while) & it was right there where it should have been. Don't know if that was my problem last time but it's working just fine now. Cheers

Excellent - good man.  Thanks for letting me know and saving me blowing the dust off my PS3 ;)

• Farque2 likes this

joe grizzly
  • joe grizzly

paintaholic

• Van Society
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

whoooooo!! finally made #20!! struggled so long with it usin the ruffian (not enough air) so decided to switch with hakuchou and got it in one try back to back which is just under 25seconds to finish. still struggling w/ #22 and runnin a ruffian this time to see if i have any luck reaching the finish line.

@furry track #26 link on page 4 is the wrong link. gives you track #24 when you open it

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

whoooooo!! finally made #20!! struggled so long with it usin the ruffian (not enough air) so decided to switch with hakuchou and got it in one try back to back which is just under 25seconds to finish. still struggling w/ #22 and runnin a ruffian this time to see if i have any luck reaching the finish line.

@furry track #26 link on page 4 is the wrong link. gives you track #24 when you open it

Hmmm.... the Social Club must have been having an off moment because that link works fine for me.  Try it again and let me know if it still doesn't work.  If not then I'll generate a new one.

Yeah, #20 is a lot easier with the Hakuchou that the Ruffian.  I use that a lot in free roam and find I get it probably 70% of the time now.  I used to struggle a lot with it, but hitting it regularly really does pay off.

As for #22, I still fail that about 70% of the time, so it's quite the opposite!  As you can see in the video, I did do it on a Ruffian, but again the Hakuchou is very good at it.  If you can get the line just right then its superior speed will definitely help with that one.

Exoticz
  • Exoticz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hi guys 

nice forum :D

I have also made some jobs to practise a stunt on ps4: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Graxio/games/gtav/ps4/jobs

Also a few on xbox:http://socialclub.ro...av/xbox360/jobs

If your looking for Stunt Spots to hit in GTA have a look on my channel if you want: https://www.youtube...._MQoA8RDE9MT_lA

Have a great day! :panic:

joe grizzly
  • joe grizzly

paintaholic

• Van Society
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

As for #22, I still fail that about 70% of the time, so it's quite the opposite!  As you can see in the video, I did do it on a Ruffian, but again the Hakuchou is very good at it.  If you can get the line just right then its superior speed will definitely help with that one.

damnit still can get enough speed/air to reach the finishline using the ruffian! switched over to hakuchou and i faceplant 90% of the time... skipping this for now.

stunt #26 still relinks me to stunt #24... no idea why. i managed to add stunt #25-#28 from your website and all the links worked perfectly but i guess R* is having issues with my bookmarked pages again telling me that i havent bookmarked anything eventho i just got done practicing #22.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

damnit still can get enough speed/air to reach the finishline using the ruffian! switched over to hakuchou and i faceplant 90% of the time... skipping this for now.

stunt #26 still relinks me to stunt #24... no idea why. i managed to add stunt #25-#28 from your website and all the links worked perfectly but i guess R* is having issues with my bookmarked pages again telling me that i havent bookmarked anything eventho i just got done practicing #22.

Thanks Joe.  I have no idea what's wrong with that link.  It did take me to 26 when I first posted it, but now it takes me to 24.  If I go to 26 and click share, to get the short link, it gives me the same thing again.  I've put the long url in there instead now, which does work.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:01 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 05 June 2015 - 03:45 PM.

Here's a new one, and I think most of you will like this.  It's a nice jump that's not too difficult, but very pleasing.

Stunt practise 29

Spoiler
  • Farque2 likes this

ZaBaconator3000
  • ZaBaconator3000

APMC Security Consultant

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

What's the best stunt bike? Hakuchou?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

What's the best stunt bike? Hakuchou?

There isn't an outright best stunt bike - it all depends on what stunts you're trying to do.  Generally though, the Hakuchou can do the longest or highest stunts.

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:54 AM

@ Furry,  found your practise # 30 last night. Fun! Some jumps and lines that i hadn't seen/done before. Took a while to get through it the first time. Still didn't figure out how to get onto the pier coming from the east though. I ended up just riding up the stairs but I'm sure there's a way (lifeguard hut ramp perhaps?) Two thumbs up mate!

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:25 AM

@ Furry,  found your practise # 30 last night. Fun! Some jumps and lines that i hadn't seen/done before. Took a while to get through it the first time. Still didn't figure out how to get onto the pier coming from the east though. I ended up just riding up the stairs but I'm sure there's a way (lifeguard hut ramp perhaps?) Two thumbs up mate!

The pier jump is an odd one.  There's a jetski between the flags and you can actually bump off that onto the pier.  I've not posted a link to it yet because I want to do a video for it, so people can see where all the jumps are.  But as you can imagine, that's gonna take a long time to get that in one take (if I ever can).

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

Yes, I can see where that would be a challenge, but I'm sure an old pro like yourself will pull it off. The cinematic jumps caught me by surprise! Nice touch

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Yes, I can see where that would be a challenge, but I'm sure an old pro like yourself will pull it off. The cinematic jumps caught me by surprise! Nice touch

Lol - thanks, that's very kind but I'm far from being an old pro :p

I've made it up to the pier jump without a single mistake, but then fluffed that and hit the pier.  I think I may actually just edit all the jumps together so people can see how I did them, and at least have a starting point.

I've not used the stunt jump/cinematic camera thing in any races before, but I really liked it the couple of times I used it in that race, and even though I knew it was there it did make me jump a bit when I hit the first one.

I can see myself doing more of these in the future.  I really enjoyed it and after doing it a ton of times while creating & testing it, I can now do the route in free roam from memory.  I can see this race helping me survive a lot of bounties :D

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

Yes, it would certainly leave some potential bounty hunter lower jaws hanging on the ground. Hehe

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

Yes, it would certainly leave some potential bounty hunter lower jaws hanging on the ground. Hehe

Are you really in Australia?  If so, what the hell are you doing up at this time of night?

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

No, I am Australian but I live in America.( Southern California) I'm at work right now.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

No, I am Australian but I live in America.( Southern California) I'm at work right now.

Ah right.  You're not an insomniac then :p

Feel free to add me on PSN (same ID as here) and maybe we'll be on at the same time over the weekends.  

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

Got u on there already. My PSN is Kilroy_562. bit confusing with the different name on here. I'll look for you next time I'm on. I do tend to play at odd times though due to family/work etc.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

Got u on there already. My PSN is Kilroy_562. bit confusing with the different name on here. I'll look for you next time I'm on. I do tend to play at odd times though due to family/work etc.

Ah cool - so that's who you are then!  We've already had some fun little sessions together :)

• Farque2 likes this

Farque2
  • Farque2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

Looking forward to it. Cheers

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Okay, I've decided that 30 is a milestone so I've made an actual race this time.  There are a mixture of over 20 stunts and mini bumps in this race, and it will really test you.  I've not yet completed it without coming off my bike multiple times, and my fastest time currently stands at 10:47.  I would love to see video of someone beating that time, because it would be impressive!

Unfortunately, this race is for PS4 only.  There too much in it to make it on PS3, so it had to be PS4 only.

So, without further ado...

Stunt practise 30

Spoiler
  • erkwang and Farque2 like this

Lebowski_RS
  • Lebowski_RS

The Dude abides

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

This thread is an authentic goldmine! Bump, but what it really deserves is a pin/sticky.

Big thumbs up to Furry_Monkey for all the job, and to Kilroy/Farque for the indication

• Furry_Monkey and Farque2 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

This thread is an authentic goldmine! Bump, but what it really deserves is a pin/sticky.

Big thumbs up to Furry_Monkey for all the job, and to Kilroy/Farque for the indication

Thanks man - I'm glad these things are proving useful to people.  And don't forget to post any videos you make in the stunting thread.  It's always nice to see other stunters at work :)

• Farque2 and Lebowski_RS like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

It's been a while, but I've decided to get back to doing these.  This new one (and future ones, most likely) only has a PS4 race, as I no longer have a PS3.  So here it is...

Stunt practise 31

Spoiler
  • Farque2 likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:52 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 12 October 2016 - 11:20 PM.

And here's another one.  I've had my eye on this spot for a while so I was itching to do it.  It's tricky but fun!!

Stunt practise 32

Spoiler
  • Jehannum and Farque2 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:20 PM

This one is one of my favourite jumps to leave people behind and it's a buzz when you land it and just carry on!  Try different bikes with this one - you may be surprised.  Even the Akuma likes this one.

Stunt practise 33

Spoiler
  • Farque2 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users