Photo

Stunt practise races (for motorbikes)

144 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 11 July 2015 - 01:05 PM.

I did start posting these in the thread that got me into this in the first place, but it needs a thread of it's own so I'm posting it here.

Thanks to fw3 for starting the Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Eat Your Heart Out! thread - it is inspirational.

In this thread I'll post races and accompanying video footage of me doing the race.  All the races will be practise runs for stunts.  They'll default to noon on a clear day with no traffic, so you can do the stunts unhindered.  There will be a checkpoint near the start of the race and a finish point at the stunt target.  If you crash (which is likely, most of the time) then you go back to the checkpoint and just try again.

I hope this is of some use and helps some stunting noobs like myself get better and better :)

Note: I'm getting a load of commonly seen ones out of the way first and will add ones I've found myself afterwards.  If anyone has requests for anything they've seen on YouTube (or wherever) then just post a link and a time reference and I'll see what I can do.

I'll post the videos and races in their own posts and just link them from here.  There's also a YouTube playlist with all the races in, which I'll keep updated as I make them.  You can find that here...

http://www.youtube.c...gKhCQuOzpZDRWBx

Unless otherwise stated, races are made for both PS3 and Xbox360.  PS3 races can be played on PS4, and Xbox 360 races can be played on Xbox One.  I'll keep making races on PS3 so that people who haven't upgraded can still access them.

01-10

11-20

21-30

* Multiple stunts in the same race

MASSIVE THANKS...

to Cheddargt, who I met over at http://gtastunting.net for converting the races I'd done on PS3 to Xbox360 races, and then continuing to contribute by adding more races.
  • Jehannum, stonedpimpso, SAUL_SILVER and 8 others like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 11 November 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Other people's stuff!

Obviously anyone can make these races to have fun smashing your face into a wall repeatedly, or cursing your TV every time you hit a street sign that you can't see until the last second.  If you make something and want to share it then post it in this thread and I'll link it in this post.

Jump onto Life Invader building, by CJXJ220

Multiple stunt race, by CJXJ220

• Judicious 7 and joe grizzly like this

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Will try them later. Did you used a ruffian?

Yeah, that's my main "goto" bike for stunts.

I've been using that, but recently found that Carbon RS is also very good with stunts. Thanks :)

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:16 PM.

Stunt practise 01

Spoiler

Stunt practise 02

Spoiler
  • joe grizzly likes this

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I've been using that, but recently found that Carbon RS is also very good with stunts. Thanks :)

Damn I've not even tried that bike.  Not got the CE so I don't have it.

Ruffian is better doing wheelies, but Carbon RS is faster.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Stunt practise 03

Spoiler

Damn I've not even tried that bike.  Not got the CE so I don't have it.

Ruffian is better doing wheelies, but Carbon RS is faster.

Same with the Bati and Double-T.  They're both faster than the Ruffian but they don't wheelie enough for most jumps that I do.  I really tried to get on with the Bati but I just couldn't.  I know it's probably a waste of time but I sent an email to the GTA Online suggestion email address and asked them to consider making a bike specifically for stunting, with both great speed *and* good wheelie ability.  It's worth a shot!

• Jedi_n1te and joe grizzly like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Stunt practise 04

Spoiler

Stunt practise 05

Spoiler
  • joe grizzly likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Stunt practise 06

Spoiler
  • joe grizzly likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:18 PM.

Here's another new one.  This has 2 jumps in it and I've used these to survive a bounty without having to do anything but wait for people to drive from LSC at the airport all the way round to Vespucci beach, only to see me disappear again.  A most enjoyable way to troll non-stunters :D

Stunt practise 07

Spoiler
  • Jedi_n1te and joe grizzly like this

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

Long time lurker👀 first time member✌️

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:45 AM Edited by Jedi_n1te, 25 August 2014 - 01:46 AM.

Just added all 7 going to try em out now.. And make a stunt playlist :D

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:50 AM Edited by Jedi_n1te, 25 August 2014 - 02:51 AM.

Hmmmm well. Couldn't finish 1. Needs better placement of checkpoints. There's to many variables. Can u land them every time ???

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

There needs to be a checkpoint at the exact jump, not just start finish. Work it out lol.

I'd like to play with u just to see how u do it.

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

I understand ur checkpoint is for restart purposes but I'd rather know the jump and restart ,

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

Watch the videos.
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

There needs to be a checkpoint at the exact jump, not just start finish. Work it out lol.

Yeah, if there was a checkpoint at the jump then you wouldn't get a run up to it - you'd respawn right in front of it.

The videos are there to show you how I did it, but it's obviously not set in stone.  Do what works best for you.

And no, I can't land any of these every time.  If you expect to be able to do that then you're in for a big disappointment.  Just look at the timer in each video and you'll see that it's not my first attempt.  Some of them (number 4 in particular) took many, many attempts to get them right.  But, by the time I'd done each of these over and over again, I at least had more of an idea about the line to take and where to hit etc..  Just find what's best for you.

• Jedi_n1te likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:18 PM.

This one is another with multiple stunts, but I made it mainly for the 2nd one.  Until you get the hang of it it can be difficult to jump from the barrier, but then you've got a long drop to contend with.  I've found that doing a full backflip and braking when you land have helped, but it may just be coincidence.

Stunt practise 08

Spoiler
  • Jedi_n1te, joe grizzly and LL Cool L like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:58 AM Edited by Judicious 7, 26 August 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Wowzers!

Spoiler

So much motorbike. Much stunts. Air. Crazy bike. Get much high. Distance gap cross. Wow.

bab.png

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Lol ok try again today :D

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

Wowzers!

Spoiler

So much motorbike. Much stunts. Air. Crazy bike. Get much high. Distance gap cross. Wow.

bab.png

NOOOO!!!!

Such Doge.  Wow.  Very Shibe.  Found my weekniss!

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

it's practice...

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

it's practice...

No, it isn't.

• ninjaontour likes this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

it's practice...

No, it isn't.

can you explain then?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

it's practice...

No, it isn't.

can you explain then?

We're not getting into a discussion about the spelling of a word in this thread.  Here's a link that explains.

http://goo.gl/XCrZsj

• ~TKP~ likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Okay - all the videos have been updated.  I've remade them all in better quality and removed all the HUD elements.  Plus I also got a lot better at the stunts so they're just generally all-round better now.

Also, whilst recording for #5 I fluked a landing.  If there's any precision experts out there, I'd love to see how you get on with this...

Spoiler

I've not tried repeating it.  I'm not sure I want to!

• jackrobot, ~TKP~ and joe grizzly like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:40 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 January 2015 - 03:19 PM.

Here's another couple.  These are a little shorter than some of the others, but still very effective when used to ditch someone that's following you.

Stunt practise 09

Spoiler

Stunt practice 10

Spoiler
  • joe grizzly likes this

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Downloaded them all, let's hope I don't die doing them ;)

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

I fully expect you to do so!  I can't pull off any of these every time.  Some I can most of the time, but some of them are just arses!

Good luck, and have fun :)

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

some nice jumps going on there dude, that precision landing looked pretty smooth... in fairness alot of the stunting montages you see are the flukey ones and theres many hours of footage discarded when those crews make them so keep that in mind and keep stunting fella

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

I fully expect you to do so!  I can't pull off any of these every time.  Some I can most of the time, but some of them are just arses!

Just tryed them all, they're great! I had to do some races to upgrade my engine/transmission for some of the jumps, lol. I think my favourite one to do to with friends is number four.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

some nice jumps going on there dude, that precision landing looked pretty smooth... in fairness alot of the stunting montages you see are the flukey ones and theres many hours of footage discarded when those crews make them so keep that in mind and keep stunting fella

Thanks - I'm still learning how to do this well so the encouragement is definitely gratefully received.

Just tryed them all, they're great! I had to do some races to upgrade my engine/transmission for some of the jumps, lol. I think my favourite one to do to with friends is number four.

And thank you, too - I'm glad you like them.  I only started thinking about them being played by more than one person recently, but I have some ideas for an actual race that uses most of these stunts.  The main thing that worries me about that is making the example video as 1 mistake makes the whole video worthless.  It can take a looooong time to make some of them that have multiple stunts!

Also, if you need to upgrade your vehicles but don't have enough races under your belt, have a look here...

http://gtaforums.com...roid-or-iphone/

I've tried to make it simple to follow, and it's certainly easier than the Charles method.  It means you can order anything that ifruit has to offer, regardless of rank or race wins, turbo starts etc..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users